Help with build please

This is a discussion on Help with build please within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; I recently started playing kol again and was wondering a few things. I currently am lvl 45 on Ares and ...
Page: 1

Default Help with build please

I recently started playing kol again and was wondering a few things. I currently am lvl 45 on Ares and hope to get up to 70 ASAP, however after reviewing the forums lately and after uilding a few spec'd with items that I am able to obtain easily enough I am kind of stumped. Apparently Chitin +8 is the way to go for playing a priest these days however when I left the game I was using FP+8's with 15HP and had all the FP armor defences. I'm simply wondering why FP+8's are a bad idea? I used the website that allows you to create you character with the items / spec you want. When I did so I tried fp+8's and chitin+8's with the respective gloves for each set. With my fp set I had about 1k-1.5k hp higher than with the chitin's but with the hitins i only had 75 ac higher than the fp's. So why are FP's considered useless now? Does that 75 ac make that much of a difference? Any feedbck would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok14 View Post
    I recently started playing kol again and was wondering a few things. I currently am lvl 45 on Ares and hope to get up to 70 ASAP, however after reviewing the forums lately and after uilding a few spec'd with items that I am able to obtain easily enough I am kind of stumped. Apparently Chitin +8 is the way to go for playing a priest these days however when I left the game I was using FP+8's with 15HP and had all the FP armor defences. I'm simply wondering why FP+8's are a bad idea? I used the website that allows you to create you character with the items / spec you want. When I did so I tried fp+8's and chitin+8's with the respective gloves for each set. With my fp set I had about 1k-1.5k hp higher than with the chitin's but with the hitins i only had 75 ac higher than the fp's. So why are FP's considered useless now? Does that 75 ac make that much of a difference? Any feedbck would be helpful.

imo. either fp+9 or chitin+8 is the best way

and dont go 70, either go 80 or 69 or 59

but u wont be able to pk at 70 unless u got really good gear cause there are so many +9/10 on ares

i prefer fp+9 over chitin +8 due to only a tiny bit less ac but way more hp

I am not trying to hit 70 to pk I am trying to hit 70 simply so I can see how I want to build the rest of my character obviously FP+9's would kick ass but I want a bit of flexibility as well so that I can go bp or int priest when I choose to. But my current budget would have to be fp+8's or chitin +8's. The reason I was asking was why are fp+8's considered bad because when I left hte game my build was really good and I never had problems with using fp+8's even when switch to defense armors. I'm simply wondering is it worth it to go with chitin +8 for 75 more ac than have 1-1.5k hp more? FP+9's simply aren't in my budget at hte moment. Thanks for the advice though.

Phobby

For 16 more INT, you get more mana, def and resists while sacrificing some HP (like 220). As a priest you will be hit A LOT, no.1 target in most parties, unless ur known for indestructibility (they will /town instead ).
    Also T4 to T5 is greater upgrade than T3 to T4 (defense vs. INT-wise).
    T5 to T6 is the worst upgrade of them all

TheSonOfSam

FP+8 is a very good armor set for priests since u can get more hp with only 75 less ac than chitin set. With 5k+ mana points any priest can heal without any problem, u just need to learn your pot timing and when and how to use the group heals and single ones. imo chitin+8 set is great for 80+ priests. So my advice is to keep that fp set and keep leveling, farming and gettin money for your uniques.

if you are planning on going all the way to lvl 80 I think chitin +8 is the best 4 bp