heros valor vrs roc

This is a discussion on heros valor vrs roc within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; what is better on a warrior i kind of like the extra resistance on the valor but i dont know ...
Page: 1

dpark2008

what is better on a warrior i kind of like the extra resistance on the valor but i dont know much

StayBack

hv's got low def. rof > roc > fov > hv's, and so on..

ROC OFCOURSE but if u are shorter on money i like the HV cus it gives ok str bonus and still has a little defense as warrior u will have good defense as long as u are using shells 7 or higher HV has good resist also and are prolly about same price as Fov so u can decide wich u want

ChowBoy

ROC>HV

Banned

ROC and HV+1/+2
    Warriors already have high ac, and HV gives nice resists.

in my server can almost make a hv+1 for the price of a RoC. +0 I would go for ROC

at the moment ive got roc 1 and hv 1, i think its a nice balance between str hp and resistances
    downside is what like approx 15 def? not worth it imo even with shell 7.

If your on a server like Ares where 1/2 of the people are mages then i'd go with at least 1 HV.

kanya128

Its also depends on your stats, if u are not full 255 str warrior HV is good, but really HV is cheaper and roc is better

i think the HV is a (severely) underestimated ring...kind of like people underestimate the stone splitter and minotaurs earring.

people look at the 10 defensive points and quickly get turned off but dont pay closer attention to the resists, which as a previous poster noted....can be just as good (if not better) than AC, especially in CZ.

ROC gives you only 20 FR

where as the HV gives you:

40FR, 10GR and 40LR

it gives you great protection against the highest damage dealing mages (flame and light)

i think sacrificing 20 AC is more than enough to justify the usefulness in an HV...and not many people are seeing this...

im currently a BP and have dual HV+1s and get 84FR, 24GR, and 84LR from a dual wield...its hard to find those kinds of resists elsewhere without sacrificing much....

pairing HVs with an iron set will give you more than enough protection against melees and mages...anyone who says otherwise is just kidding themselves.

i think once people begin realizing the usefulness in the HV, the prices should begin to go up until they become just as valuable (if not more valuable) than the ROC...

ChowBoy

If your on a server like Ares where 1/2 of the people are mages then i'd go with at least 1 HV.[/b]
    Yea if there are a lot of mages I say HV and ROC.

iiason

never been a huge fan of resis, ur properly gonna get slowed regardless of ur resis at high lvls.

so the ROC > HV imo

EXP Extraordinaire Senior Member HeavensReject's Avatar

lol is this a serious question?

roc>hv