Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

How To Build A Nasty Mean Nova Town'er?

This is a discussion on How To Build A Nasty Mean Nova Town'er? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; looks like ur going solo oO if not, why would u town? if u do, then u r retarted... if ...
Page: 2

Imhotep

looks like ur going solo oO
    if not, why would u town? if u do, then u r retarted...

if u think warriors can&#39;t get close and start attacking them, then u r wrong... It&#39;s not that hard to get around mages and start attacking them <_< and with his 600ac buffed, nothing&#39;s gonna save him not even a fh lol... torment + 2k spam from a warrior or a 6k cp from a sin :lol:
    that&#39;s what I call &#39;free np&#39; :lol:

if u r doing a good NT, towers do NOT attack u... only orcs/humans... so the FR/HP does NOT mean that much...[/b]
    600 ac buffed ? lol at that, he said he&#39;s going cardboard build which I take to be 2nd grade paper ?

well if I can get near 1000 defence as grade 1 paper then im sure he won&#39;t have a problem with 2nd grade paper and need of defence :|

600 ac buffed ? lol at that, he said he&#39;s going cardboard build which I take to be 2nd grade paper ?

well if I can get near 1000 defence as grade 1 paper then im sure he won&#39;t have a problem with 2nd grade paper and need of defence :|[/b]
    1k def ? :blink: using t1 +9 set u have 335def unbuffed... +70 (from valk + pathos gloves) - that&#39;s 405.... so u need 250-300 def from uniques... h34r: r they +3? Oo

Imhotep

1k def ? :blink: using t1 +9 set u have 335def unbuffed... +70 (from valk + pathos gloves) - that&#39;s 405.... so u need 250-300 def from uniques... h34r: r they +3? Oo[/b]
    add 350 scroll / armor enchant and it&#39;s really not that hard :mellow:

dizz123

WTF are u guys talkin about solo and maybe killing 1 person if im lucky are u dumb read the post WANT TO BUILD A NOVA TOWN MAGE and mages dont nova town solo it is usly 7+mage in 1 party plz dont be stupid!

add 350 scroll / armor enchant and it&#39;s really not that hard :mellow:[/b]
    pkin all the time fll scrolled? anyway, counting +81 for these + 56 from dual FR +2 (guess, u&#39;ve got these) and ib +0 thath&#39;s about 100def left on earings and neck.... still u need +3s...
    WTF are u guys talkin about solo and maybe killing 1 person if im lucky are u dumb read the post WANT TO BUILD A NOVA TOWN MAGE and mages dont nova town solo it is usly 7+mage in 1 party plz dont be stupid![/b]
    read everything b4 u post <_<

Should be easy

FRs+3, Completes+8, Iron Set, SSE&#39;s and some staff +8 (hellblood or new staff +8)

160 INT, rest MP

That would piss all over a paper 255 mage

Should be easy

FRs+3, Completes+8, Iron Set, SSE&#39;s and some staff +8 (hellblood or new staff +8)

160 INT, rest MP

That would piss all over a paper 255 mage[/b]
    kinda hard to get at CW xD

+1 to shell set, but 247mp sux :P prefer 210-220 :P

Imhotep

Should be easy

FRs+3, Completes+8, Iron Set, SSE&#39;s and some staff +8 (hellblood or new staff + 8)

160 INT, rest MP

That would piss all over a paper 255 mage[/b]
    Actually in a VS the paper mage would win easliy as mage v mage you don&#39;t need AC, only the FR and HP matter ^^

Actually in a VS the paper mage would win easliy as mage v mage you don&#39;t need AC, only the FR and HP matter ^^[/b]
    that&#39;s true... but there is way more warriors/sins/bps ^_^ and it&#39;s hard to find a mage who wants to vs... and even if they do, they mostly gate if they r loosing...

Actually in a VS the paper mage would win easliy as mage v mage you don&#39;t need AC, only the FR and HP matter ^^[/b]
    For the sake of this discussion :

- Both mages are 83
    - Paper mage is statted all MP, rest HP. INT is statted 160 INT, 255 mp rest HP
    - All uniques are the same + and same jewels
    - All armour is the same +
    - The mages aren&#39;t using any of the unique staffs just basic noobie staffs.

So - we have a paper mage with a wizzy+8 vs a int mage with elixir+8

A vs between a fire mage doesn&#39;t just depend on FR + HP. Here&#39;s some more things which determine the outcome which you have forgotten Staff AP / Mana Pool

The INT mage has a higher ap staff, so the fire staff dmg is going to be increased. The mage will have around 2-3000 more mana than the paper mage AND the INT mage has a base resist of 30 to all elements.

So the fact the INT mage has MORE FR and more mana throws a spanner into your works. The INT mage will be able to HP pot longer than the paper mage before soul potting.

If you have some further theories post and we can break down further. I&#39;m not saying a paper mage can&#39;t beat an INT mage, but it&#39;s not set in stone either than a paper mage would easily kill an INT mage.

don&#39;t u forget that a paper mage can hold a new staff +7 ^_^ this will help him a bit :P

Imhotep

Sorry but if you think a fire mage would win easily your wrong. As for vs&#39;s who gives a toss, this is about which class would be best for nova towns.

In the lower levels the fire mage would win easy, in higher levels they wont. Simply put the INT mage has more mana, can wield a higher ap staff and has more FR

If statted for MAX hp

Paper mage at 83 - 255mp / 147hp

EDIT : Gimme 5 mins I&#39;m typing up a response [/b]
    Well that argument is pretty invalid as a paper mage can use a Fulitol staff which at +7 has more AP and flame damage than a +8 hell blood.

I&#39;m not saying a paper mage would be better for vsing other melee classes, but that&#39;s not what this topic is about.

To town nova you only need to be able to drop your novas and get the kills, for that, paper mages are best suited.

The extra HP is only going to be useful until the melee start bashing the shit out of you.

What comes into advantage then, the higher ac or hp ?

To town nova you only need to be able to drop your novas and get the kills, for that, paper mages are best suited.[/b]
    Depends on what level the mage will be dropping novas.

Pre 70- paper best, because they max out MP quickest
    After 70+ INT best, because they reach max MP aswell. So their damage is the same

Then you come to hp and fr. INT mages have more FR with lower hp but higher ac
    Paper mages have higher hp but lower ac, that&#39;s all fine and dandy until melee starting to bash you

What do you think will hurt more than, warriors spamming you for ~1000 or warriors spamming you for ~700

That&#39;s the reason I have said INT mage, fair enough in the lower levels the fire mages would easily have the best advantage to town nova but they also have the lowest ac which makes them a prime target. INT mages are more balanced.

It&#39;s the same for all classes it&#39;s about balance, balance is what keeps you alive.

don&#39;t u forget that a paper mage can hold a new staff +7 ^_^ this will help him a bit :P[/b]
    True, but that&#39;s why I kept the items basic and non uniques. Soon as 1 item is changed it will give the other they advantage. In a vs situation they need to be the same to make it fair.

If you follow by this rule, both mages with same staffs. You then have a situation of 1k more hp or 2k more mana

Both mages will hit each other for the same damage, but the paper will run out of mana quicker than the int mage. Then they will have to stop and spam hp pots whilst the int mage is still spamming the damage and spamming hp pots.

VS arguments can&#39;t be based on which number is highest, it&#39;s about which build is better. It&#39;s why I never bother with vs too many bitching conditions. Besides this topic is about nova towns. I&#39;ve posted my reasons why they&#39;re better, it&#39;s my opinion. Nobody has to agree with it but if they don&#39;t I&#39;d expect to see some structured arguments as to why not

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast