Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need help on flame mage!

This is a discussion on Need help on flame mage! within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; ok so i am EXP mage only, Which one would be better Wood +9 Woe +7 Elixer +7 which one ...
Page: 1

KpDeranged

Default Need help on flame mage!

ok so i am EXP mage only, Which one would be better

Wood +9
    Woe +7
    Elixer +7

which one will increase my nova/inferno/fireburst damage?

from the only place where u'll be able to listen the true Minimal

since you're exp oriented...i would suggest you the paper setup for sure, even if (let's suppose..i don't care if it's true or not - i mean..just thinking in theoric terms) wood+9 would hit lesser than the other staffs.

Paper setup is deffo cheaper..
    Wood+9 price goes from 5m to 20-25m max.
    U can get a +7hp set that's more than enough for exping or u can plan to use an mp based armor..that's..again, cheap to make.

Atm i do that way...paper armor +8 with mp bonus and if there's no priest around..i buy buff from npc.

basically, save all the money for buying flame rings...and if u plan to go 70+...well go buy a cursed staff+7 and than you'll be able to do the best dmg

Moreover i feel to recommend this setup since you kill fastly the mobs in monster stone..and i recommend ice as second skill...both for the slowing thing..and also for a nice 120 ac buff; ac buff that's pretty decent for both 4 exping and bdw (without priest)

Atm i as i said. i'm using that setup...with a wood +10 (gifted), mp armor set +8, hp set +7 and the rest all quests jewels or fll mp jewels i alternate for exp.

With all the cheaters around u wont need at all an iron set+2 or a krowatz set armor+9..useless.

its always about staff ap. u want beter damage go with the better ap staff....in this case woudl be the elixir.

but i totally agree with inarco's post. paper and buy buffs when solo, i do that as well sometimes....

KpDeranged

ahh. So full MP wouldn't be better then full complete build? I mean if i'm going to put all that int, i might as well put the extra what? 3-9 points to get full complete.

Beholdlove

Quote Originally Posted by KpDeranged View Post
    ahh. So full MP wouldn't be better then full complete build? I mean if i'm going to put all that int, i might as well put the extra what? 3-9 points to get full complete.

ofcourse elixir requires like 156 int if im nos mistaken and shell requires 160

KpDeranged

yeah. 160. So whats how would that make my magic do more damage? when i could have 255 MP rather then 130 mp and 160 Int.. I don't get it.

FuNkSta

For exp , i would just go paper 255mp , wood +9 and get a paper +8 mp set. If you have the money go for lycaon staff +8. You should be able to do 5-6k novas on dks. Good luck.

KpDeranged

sweet thanks. I have lobo +0(for mp recovery), +8 paper and +9 wood staff..

If you can't afford a lycaon +8, then get a wood +10 for a fraction of the cost.

It has 3 more ap and 14more flame damage, which should help make up for the +19MP bonus that lycaon+8 has.

FuNkSta

Didn't think about the wood +10 , on carnac west there is only 1 or 2 wood +10's i think :P

Quote Originally Posted by FuNkSta View Post
    Didn't think about the wood +10 , on carnac west there is only 1 or 2 wood +10's i think :P
    theres at least 4

at one time(4months), me, brew, darkOn owned one at same time and I knew someone else with one...

might be more dunno :P

now I only know of one lyacon+8 on cwest - Naimh owns it. maybe more dont really look for them much..

KpDeranged

Saw wood staff +10 for 4gbs.. To bad i didn't have any money ;x Now i have close to 1gb to spend.

So far this is what i own

old crystal earrings x2
    old Crystal belt
    Old Crystal ring x2
    Old blue dragon neck?(has 15 mp on it) I got that because it's better then a old crystal neck.

+9 wood staff
    +0 Lobo(for mp recovery)

full +8/15 MP paper

level 57, Need 3 more levels then i should be hitting decent(been off of ko for a few days)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KpDeranged View Post
    Saw wood staff +10 for 4gbs..
    There is a rogue by the armor guy in mora, selling a wood+10 for 3 gbs.

i will do paper builds (as most have said) for my lower lvls/harpys. then redis to 160 int for wen im good for cz dks cause then you are eye candy for 55. shieat will be super annoying

go paper mage and do 255 mp and get +9 staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast