Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HP Support Mage

This is a discussion on HP Support Mage within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; first time playing this kind of mage 160 int mp enough for erenion rest hp i just wanna survive the ...
Page: 1

first time playing this kind of mage
    160 int
    mp enough for erenion
    rest hp

i just wanna survive the most
    so my question is what jewelry do i need?
    mostly rings, is it good to get shios or just rom/rol?

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

first time playing this kind of mage
    160 int
    mp enough for erenion
    rest hp

i just wanna survive the most
    so my question is what jewelry do i need?
    mostly rings, is it good to get shios or just rom/rol?[/b]
    dual shios +1 and ur set

ILoveYouToo

If you want to be support you don't really need shio's. You'll be better of with rols if you can afford them or ROMS. For earrings use SSE's or WSE's. Lich kings pride are hard to find lately and overpriced so hold off on those until eslant dungeon opens back up. then sse +lcp would be ideal. Iron belt would be the best ofc but if you can't afford get a glass and if you can't afford that get a skelly. If your really broke just buy a belt of life. EP +1/2 or IN would be good necks. Imo ep+2>IN I had both and i ended up selling my IN

If you want to be support you don't really need shio's. You'll be better of with rols if you can afford them or ROMS. For earrings use SSE's or WSE's. Lich kings pride are hard to find lately and overpriced so hold off on those until eslant dungeon opens back up. then sse +lcp would be ideal. Iron belt would be the best ofc but if you can't afford get a glass and if you can't afford that get a skelly. If your really broke just buy a belt of life. EP +1/2 or IN would be good necks. Imo ep+2>IN I had both and i ended up selling my IN[/b]
    As a support mage, shio tears is the way to go... not ROLs or ROMs... but shios. Sure you look like a tank like that... but the whole point of being support is to help your party members, and in this case slowing them down is a huge help.

ILoveYouToo

As a support mage, shio tears is the way to go... not ROLs or ROMs... but shios. Sure you look like a tank like that... but the whole point of being support is to help your party members, and in this case slowing them down is a huge help.[/b]
    You can't slow anything if your dead. The ac on shios even at +1 is too low if you plan on tanking anything. The uniques that give you the most ac are rings and belts so you can't afford to skimp on the ac there if you plan on being a pure support mage. HP + AC> slowing. You will already slow enough just being an ice mage if you get a good enough staff anyway. If you first skill doesn't slow them, just about any of your other skills will anyway -.-

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

wat lvl?

this is wat i wrote for some other dude

this is if u have shells +7 btw

if u want to be full support and tank mage

i would stay with crystal set ge+7 and go 144 int and 110 mp 90 in str for shield and rest hp.

u would do shit damage though but u would have good hp and good defense

i used armor calculator in kodb
    here is armor def with mage complete +7
    Name Part Grade Level Defense Req 1 Req 2 Stat
    Mage Crystal Helmet Helmet+6 49 def 136 int 93 mp 10
    Mage Complete Robe Pauldron + 7 115 def 160 int 118 mp 12
    Mage Complete Pads Pads +7 98 def 156 int 116 mp 12
    Mage Complete Gloves +7 49 def 144 int 110 mp 12
    Mage Complete Boots Boots+ 7 49 def 148 int 112 mp 12
    Totals 360 def total 160 req int 118 req mp 58+

here is the crystal +8
    Name Part Grade Level Defense Req 1 Req 2 Stat
    Mage Crystal Helmet Helmet 6 49 def 136 int 93 mp 10
    Mage Crystal Robe Pauldron + 8 92 def 144 int 101 mp 15
    Mage Crystal Pads Pads + 8 80 def 140 int 99 mp 15
    Mage Crystal Gloves Gauntlets + 8 40 def 128 int 93 mp 15
    Mage Crystal Boots Boots + 8 40 def 132 int 95 mp 15
    Totals 301 def total 144 req int 101 req mp 70+

for full support i would take the crsytal set +8

it gives you more points in hp and defense loss is minimal considering that every point after 100 is 1 ac point

but ofc as u get higher lvl u would wanna go higher tier in armor

on shios vs rol

i would only go for shios if i had at least one shio +2

with +0 shios i really didnt see any difference in slowing nor damage.

soooo i would go shio +2 and a +1

or shio+2 or rol ANY +

ps

keep in mind ac diff might be less than 60 considering every point after 100 hp is 1 ac point

Right now im lv 68 wearing complete set +7, shio +1 and shio +0, ge +7 =/

Right now im lv 68 wearing complete set +7, shio +1 and shio +0, ge +7 =/[/b]

for ronark land base i would DEFINITLY go a lower tier

ac is great and all but u gota have decent hp as well

so for rlb

i would either go crystal +8 or silk armor

let me do some quick math for rlb brb

oke for crystal and silk +8 this would be base ac with only armor no jewelry

crystal +8= 301armor ac+ 69lvl ac + 48 after 100 points in hp ac = 418
    mage silk+8= 222armor ac+ 69lvl ac + 68 after 100 point in hp ac= 359

well im not staying rlb but i kinda like the cristal tier, but with that gear ill definetely need rol/roms instead, thats why im using completes now, to balance my ac. :unsure:

yea at lower lvl crystal is great for support mage if u get rols i would go down to crystal +8 u would have nice hp nice ac

yea at lower lvl crystal is great for support mage if u get rols i would go down to crystal +8 u would have nice hp nice ac[/b]
    tell me... what's the point of putting extra hp when you are always the one to get parasited first and it doesn't make much of a differece.... but when you are wearing completes, it makes quite the difference. I'm sorry, but I guess it's just my opinion... there is nothing better then complete support ice mage... and using ROLs was back in KE like a few years ago... since ROFD, having dual shios +1 or higher is much more effect as to helping the party and actually slowing people down so most of them don't come anywhere near u.

personally id choose shios +1 over dual rol, then id go iron belt, dual sse, IN ( not ep +2 )

tell me... what's the point of putting extra hp when you are always the one to get parasited first and it doesn't make much of a differece.... but when you are wearing completes, it makes quite the difference. I'm sorry, but I guess it's just my opinion... there is nothing better then complete support ice mage... and using ROLs was back in KE like a few years ago... since ROFD, having dual shios +1 or higher is much more effect as to helping the party and actually slowing people down so most of them don't come anywhere near u.[/b]

it works both ways.

wats the point of having high ac if they parasite u and ur a 2 hitter

hp support mage in my opinion is a balance of real good hp and good ac.

we are talking less than 50 points of ac

i would rather take 1k+ hp over 30-50 ac.

on the shios dual + 1 had no effect on slow rate when i had them.

the magic showed when i got my +2 shios.

its all personal preference

i like to be able to tank novas and melee hits thats why i like crystal build. FOR RLB OFC

in rlb u aint gotta worry about hell blade helis bloody beast or critical point

in big boy cz though i would take all the ac i can get. with reasonable hp ofc.

p.s if they parasite a crystal mage it ok cuz u still have only like 30-50 less ac than a +7 shell mage

now think about it who u think would survive more

a fully duffed shell hp mage
    or a fully duffed crystal mage?
    crystal has more hp and almsot the same ac as the shell mage...

it works both ways.

wats the point of having high ac if they parasite u and ur a 2 hitter

hp support mage in my opinion is a balance of real good hp and good ac.

we are talking less than 50 points of ac

i would rather take 1k+ hp over 30-50 ac.
    on the shios dual + 1 had no effect on slow rate when i had them.

the magic showed when i got my +2 shios.

its all personal preference

i like to be able to tank novas and melee hits thats why i like crystal build. FOR RLB OFC

in rlb u aint gotta worry about hell blade helis bloody beast or critical point

in big boy cz though i would take all the ac i can get. with reasonable hp ofc.
    p.s if they parasite a crystal mage it ok cuz u still have only like 30-50 less ac than a +7 shell mage

now think about it who u think would survive more

a fully duffed shell hp mage
    or a fully duffed crystal mage?
    crystal has more hp and almsot the same ac as the shell mage...[/b]
    The thing is when we usually talk about stuff on these forums... it's usually about CZ, and you openly admitted yourself, you would take complete mage over crystal mage in CZ. The reason why you haven't found dual shios +1 effective was because I'm assuming you play Beramus... and that's quite an old server, so therefore ofc, people are gonna be overgeared with resistances and all... but on the other hand, looking at the newer servers, dual shios +1 are really effective. When I was in girakon and when it was 6 months in, I was using dual shios +1, and was icing people pretty much 95% with Garp +8... ask anyone, or especially ask StonelZ (boredoutofmymind)... he would keep on screaming on vent how I can keep on icing him with his regular resitance + GR + ice belt ~ 300 GR... every single time. So the point is, these newer servers, dual shios +1 is great enough... the older ones, go for dual shios +2, since it's probably not as expensive as the ones on the new servers, so therefore you can easily get them. As for playing an ice support mage... trust me, you do not need hp. I actually played ice but mp build mage, so I had about 4.5k hp and 1k ac scrolled... and even then, with the ice rate that I had, people weren't usually able to touch me... unless it was like 1 of my parties going up against like 2-3 parties, then you are kind of surrounded, and sometimes you drop fast, sometimes you stay alive.... but once again, the point is, as an ice support mage, u get way more hp and ac since u are stating into hp after u have enough mp for your staff stats, so therefore it would be even harder for someone to kill you.

The thing is when we usually talk about stuff on these forums... it's usually about CZ, and you openly admitted yourself, you would take complete mage over crystal mage in CZ. The reason why you haven't found dual shios +1 effective was because I'm assuming you play Beramus... and that's quite an old server, so therefore ofc, people are gonna be overgeared with resistances and all... but on the other hand, looking at the newer servers, dual shios +1 are really effective. When I was in girakon and when it was 6 months in, I was using dual shios +1, and was icing people pretty much 95% with Garp +8... ask anyone, or especially ask StonelZ (boredoutofmymind)... he would keep on screaming on vent how I can keep on icing him with his regular resitance + GR + ice belt ~ 300 GR... every single time. So the point is, these newer servers, dual shios +1 is great enough... the older ones, go for dual shios +2, since it's probably not as expensive as the ones on the new servers, so therefore you can easily get them. As for playing an ice support mage... trust me, you do not need hp. I actually played ice but mp build mage, so I had about 4.5k hp and 1k ac scrolled... and even then, with the ice rate that I had, people weren't usually able to touch me... unless it was like 1 of my parties going up against like 2-3 parties, then you are kind of surrounded, and sometimes you drop fast, sometimes you stay alive.... but once again, the point is, as an ice support mage, u get way more hp and ac since u are stating into hp after u have enough mp for your staff stats, so therefore it would be even harder for someone to kill you.[/b]
    u were right in pretty much everything

i have also played mp build ice and love it. and ur right sometimes u live and sometimes u die.

but i think the key word in the topic was hp support mage and tank mage.

u cant be a tank mage with 4k hp.

the hp support mage i was talking bout was shield hp mage

on shios.

i dont think it was ever proven if shios helped in slow rate.

we know it affects damage but im not sure on slow

http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index.php?sh...0rate&st=20

http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index.php?sh...mp;hl=slow+rate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast