Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

HP Support Mage

This is a discussion on HP Support Mage within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; u guys making me change my mind <.< what is actually an ice mp build? its like inflicting a regular ...
Page: 2

u guys making me change my mind <.<

what is actually an ice mp build? its like inflicting a regular dmg and slowing at once?
    what items are needed?

i find kinda boring being a mage who cant do nothing solo <.>

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

u were right in pretty much everything

i have also played mp build ice and love it. and ur right sometimes u live and sometimes u die.

but i think the key word in the topic was hp support mage and tank mage.

u cant be a tank mage with 4k hp.

the hp support mage i was talking bout was shield hp mage

on shios.

i dont think it was ever proven if shios helped in slow rate.

we know it affects damage but im not sure on slow

http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index.php?sh...0rate&st=20

http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index.php?sh...mp;hl=slow+rate[/b]
    Shios do help the icing rate for sure... no matter what anyone say. Honestly though, right now in Ionia I got an ice tank support mage with elixir +8 and 1 shio tear +0... and in cz, I honestly ice for shit... compared to girakon where I had garp +8 and dual shios +1, I was icing people pretty much 100% even rouges with their MSs on. So shios do increase your damage and they increase the ice effect as well. I will be getting dual shios +1 on Ionia (new server) and I&#39;ll tell you how it turns out to be... meaning will I see a huge change in the ice rate or whether it&#39;s just a change in the damage. As for tank mages, yes I know that&#39;s what the topic is about, and well atm my lvl 73 ice support mage in Ionia has 5k hp and ~900ac scrolled... and I do more then survive.

what is actually an ice mp build? its like inflicting a regular dmg and slowing at once?
    what items are needed?

i find kinda boring being a mage who cant do nothing solo <.>[/b]
    Same here, I&#39;m also more of a solo type of person for mage.... but with this godmoding going around, we know that&#39;s not possible. I&#39;ll give you an example of a ice damage build though. On girakon I had a choice of getting dual FR +0 or dual Shio +1... cause they were worth the same, so I decided to go dual shio +1 with a Garp +8 staff. So at level 77 having 160 int, and I think it was like 240 mp or so... I was spamming people with ice staff for mostly high 600s on my screen and low 700s, so therefore it was really amazing.

knightned

Shios do help the icing rate for sure... no matter what anyone say. Honestly though, right now in Ionia I got an ice tank support mage with elixir +8 and 1 shio tear +0... and in cz, I honestly ice for shit... compared to girakon where I had garp +8 and dual shios +1, I was icing people pretty much 100% even rouges with their MSs on. So shios do increase your damage and they increase the ice effect as well. I will be getting dual shios +1 on Ionia (new server) and I&#39;ll tell you how it turns out to be... meaning will I see a huge change in the ice rate or whether it&#39;s just a change in the damage. As for tank mages, yes I know that&#39;s what the topic is about, and well atm my lvl 73 ice support mage in Ionia has 5k hp and ~900ac scrolled... and I do more then survive.
    Same here, I&#39;m also more of a solo type of person for mage.... but with this godmoding going around, we know that&#39;s not possible. I&#39;ll give you an example of a ice damage build though. On girakon I had a choice of getting dual FR +0 or dual Shio +1... cause they were worth the same, so I decided to go dual shio +1 with a Garp +8 staff. So at level 77 having 160 int, and I think it was like 240 mp or so... I was spamming people with ice staff for mostly high 600s on my screen and low 700s, so therefore it was really amazing.[/b]
    Dude you have a shit ice rate on Ionia because everyone has tbls.

what items are needed?

For that you need at least 72, since most mages can only solo with the blade and skills from higher lvls.

For that crystal + shield, its not going to work since its ionia, and crystal are rare since only place they are droping are at Boros, and most ppl just npc them, so its going to be 1 hell of a search to find pieces +8, even +7. Plus youll definetly need a dreadshield+7 for that, and ionia hast had a single ED yet.

And to be serious, I never felt that after ROFD patch, ice mages dont slow, I 1 blizz from a fire mage, and most ppl is slowed.

Tbh, having a Glacier Erenion +7 alone, will make you slow at a very nice rate, but i think rom cost almost the same as the shios+1 so i would go fo them, plus at some time you will upgrade them to +2, if you plan on staying ice ofc. Roms are not that easy to trade, since most mages dont use them, and only few priest for the glacier resist. Plus its easier to gather shios+0 than gather a rom xD

At the end of the day, a build will only help your gameplay. If you have a good decision making and you easily manage to stay out of gangbangs, you dont need that much of ac nor hp.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index.php?s=...t&p=2419830

i reference one of my old posts unless ur not plannign to make a tank mage and are just trying to make a regular mage that wont die that fast then ignore the post but u can still prolly learn something from the part of the post where i talked about how i played my support mage

what items are needed?

im doing this atm at Ionia

Dude you have a shit ice rate on Ionia because everyone has tbls.[/b]
    funny, cuz I slow like 90% of time with rentals/quest jewels...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12