Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

ice build question

This is a discussion on ice build question within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Ok so i was wondering is it possible to build a high damage deal'er as a ice mage like t3 ...
Page: 1

dizz123

Ok so i was wondering is it possible to build a high damage deal'er as a ice mage like t3 build that can be as strong as a flame mage or light mage?

yes ofc there is,
    just get maximal mp and use garp or oasis staff.
    and use shio tear the highest + u can get.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

as strong as fire or light? no equally built fire and light willa lways be stronger

if ur comparing paper ice vs int fire/light...yes ice can do as much as them, but ice is SUPPORT not damage, if ur playing ice for damage ur wasting ur time...just go fire/ice

Ice is as strong as fire. If you get 2 mages, one ice and the other fire, with the same exact gear, staff, and stat points, they will hit exactly the same. The only reason why ice seems to hit less is because people pump more points into int or hp, whereas fire mages pump more into mp.

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

as strong as fire or light? no equally built fire and light willa lways be stronger

if ur comparing paper ice vs int fire/light...yes ice can do as much as them, but ice is SUPPORT not damage, if ur playing ice for damage ur wasting ur time...just go fire/ice[/b]
    fire is strong and lighting can stun u big deal.
    damage wise its fire>ice>light

these are effects

fires effect is it damage
    ice slows people down
    light just stuns em

ice mage mp or support are wat people like to call party killers. there lvl 80 skill even though doesnt do damage it will freeze a priest in its tracks for a good 13 seconds. vs a light mage constanly having to staff the mage.
    + with instant magic the ice mage has a chance to freeze both priest or priest and mage.

in a 1v1 ice would most likely lose, sadly

vs fire. fire mage would use vampiric fire + insta magic bb ice mage
    vs light mage... u might win if ur not constanly stunned

go test out in arena lvl 80 mage 160 int rest mp fire will hit hardest second will be ice then lightning

Ice is as strong as fire. If you get 2 mages, one ice and the other fire, with the same exact gear, staff, and stat points, they will hit exactly the same. The only reason why ice seems to hit less is because people pump more points into int or hp, whereas fire mages pump more into mp.[/b]
    not correct

a simple test is fire armor vs ice armor

fire armor can do 1.4k damage
    while ice armor barely hits 1.1k mark
    light armor would barely pas the 900 mark but it would stun the shit outta me

also another dead give away is the novas

u cant compare any fire novas to ice or lighting novas

I've played a bit with dmg ice mage (160int/rest mp + shios +2/3) and it was hell funny

about vsing fire mage - if he used vampiric fire on me, I'd freez him, recover and then beat his ass up

fire is strong and lighting can stun u big deal.
    damage wise its fire>ice>light

these are effects

fires effect is it damage
    ice slows people down
    light just stuns em

ice mage mp or support are wat people like to call party killers. there lvl 80 skill even though doesnt do damage it will freeze a priest in its tracks for a good 13 seconds. vs a light mage constanly having to staff the mage.
    + with instant magic the ice mage has a chance to freeze both priest or priest and mage.

in a 1v1 ice would most likely lose, sadly

vs fire. fire mage would use vampiric fire + insta magic bb ice mage
    vs light mage... u might win if ur not constanly stunned

go test out in arena lvl 80 mage 160 int rest mp fire will hit hardest second will be ice then lightning
    not correct

a simple test is fire armor vs ice armor

fire armor can do 1.4k damage
    while ice armor barely hits 1.1k mark
    light armor would barely pas the 900 mark but it would stun the shit outta me

also another dead give away is the novas

u cant compare any fire novas to ice or lighting novas[/b]
    No you are incorrect. I guarantee that everyone of those mages dropping the ice novas had less into mp and more into int/hp. I have tested this with novas and staff hits. The only thing that fire mages hit more then ice mages is there fire armor.

No you are incorrect. I guarantee that everyone of those mages dropping the ice novas had less into mp and more into int/hp. I have tested this with novas and staff hits. The only thing that fire mages hit more then ice mages is there fire armor.[/b]
    i was a mage since i started ko. in monster and in pk fire will always hit hard.

ive tried all build paper half paper crystal and complete

fire was always hardest hitter.

paper ice mage didnt hit nearly hard enough as paper fire mage.

edit*

an ice mage hit real hard but that requires shios+2 or +3

ice storm can hit a little over 950 at times.

quick edit.

hp mages came out later. when ko first started mages were maxing out mp

thats how they figured fire was the strongest.

go solo a dark mare with a paper ice mage and a paper fire mage. ill bet anything that the fire mage will kill it faster

another quick edit.

against evil wizards ice was the hardest hitter even if u had some point in mp. they had some major resistances against fire

No you are incorrect. I guarantee that everyone of those mages dropping the ice novas had less into mp and more into int/hp. I have tested this with novas and staff hits. The only thing that fire mages hit more then ice mages is there fire armor.[/b]

yea man its wrong, when i was noob i had 45 in ice and 45 in fire cause i thought 2 big aoes was cool . fire always hit more and this was with a mp recov staff so no extra fire damage or ice..... fire hits more then ice with same build staff etc

dizz123

also another quest what makes slowing ppl happen more offten more ice damage = more slow or more ap = more slowing just wondering this as well

i was a mage since i started ko. in monster and in pk fire will always hit hard.

ive tried all build paper half paper crystal and complete
    fire was always hardest hitter.

paper ice mage didnt hit nearly hard enough as paper fire mage.

edit*

an ice mage hit real hard but that requires shios+2 or +3

ice storm can hit a little over 950 at times.

quick edit.

hp mages came out later. when ko first started mages were maxing out mp

thats how they figured fire was the strongest.

go solo a dark mare with a paper ice mage and a paper fire mage. ill bet anything that the fire mage will kill it faster

another quick edit.

against evil wizards ice was the hardest hitter even if u had some point in mp. they had some major resistances against fire[/b]
    I used to play a friends 80 mage in Olympia. He had a +8 elysium and +3 Frs. The mage would hit around 650-750 (staff attack) on a priest with a lycaon hammer and a SS +7. After a while he got a +8 Garp and +3 Shios. Same stats as fire build. On that same priest he would hit 650-750... Thats where I base this off of. Also with the Prismatic and Incineration they would always hit 750+ on that priest.

go solo a dark mare with a paper ice mage and a paper fire mage. ill bet anything that the fire mage will kill it faster[/b]
    I've always done DMs faster as an ice mage, cuz I was just spamming solid...as a fire I was using solid to much or it wasn't slowed xD but I believe it's just bcz of me :P

yea man its wrong, when i was noob i had 45 in ice and 45 in fire cause i thought 2 big aoes was cool [/b]
    45/45 IS cool build

I used to play a friends 80 mage in Olympia. He had a +8 elysium and +3 Frs. The mage would hit around 650-750 (staff attack) on a priest with a lycaon hammer and a SS +7. After a while he got a +8 Garp and +3 Shios. Same stats as fire build. On that same priest he would hit 650-750... Thats where I base this off of. Also with the Prismatic and Incineration they would always hit 750+ on that priest.[/b]
    you mean hell blood? :P

http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index....owtopic=280877

look at simontjeush sig

he is hitting rouges for 2k with a fire skill...

ice will never ever ever ever ever ever hit that hard...

maybe with +10 fullitol.. but i still doubt it

http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index....owtopic=280877
    he is hitting rouges for 2k with a fire skill...[/b]
    that's Ignization - lvl 80 skill ...

DeHealer

I have an Ice dmg mage.
    Tier 2/3 mixture mage, 116 int, 220 mp, 120 hp
    Oasis +8, dual shios +1
    Bladding rogues for 600-700
    Warriors 550-600
    Int Priests 500-550
    Nova damages, are bit low