Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

ice build question

This is a discussion on ice build question within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Well let me tell you something about the slow/stun rate from my own experience (4 years playing DCZ mage. both ...
Page: 5

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

Well let me tell you something about the slow/stun rate from my own experience (4 years playing DCZ mage. both intel and paper) Intel didn't help at all when stunning and/or slowing. as paper mage every single time (95% actually) i cast ice/light spell on an enemy paper mage or BP (not even gonna mention rogues cause most ardream rogues got 00 resistance lol) i would slow/stun them. When i attacked intel priest/warrior even intel mage thing was different. i didn't actually compared number of times i managed to slow intel priests as either intel/paper mage but on rough terms it was the same! the only thing that intel has got to do with slowing/stunning is on yourself because it will raise the resistance. THAT'S IT!.

Now when it comes to damage i can also tell you that with blade attacks the most important thing is the AP on your staff. and when it comes to range skills it's base MP. once you maxed base MP then extra elemental and staff AP comes into play. yes i have also played lvl 80 and lvl 69 mage so i know what am talking about. I can also tell you that Fire>Ice>lightning. and of course the different will be higher while your enemy's resistance is the lowest.

so setting aside toysoldier's arrogant personality and aggresive answers... pretty much everything he said is true.[/b]

wat u are saying right there is that u slowed the same as paper mage than u did as intel mage...

and toy soldier said that only thing that effect slow effect is ap...

as paper mage u would prolly use lyacoan

compared to intel where u would maybe use elixir..

the the difference in ap for those to staffs is huge.

so if u say that u slowed the same as paper and intel

ur not just disproving int as a factor in slow rate but also ap...

and toy we all know hardest hitting mages has bf +3 rings and cursed weapon +8

and that ap of staff is the biggest factor in damage..

but im looking for proof on slow rates though

not damage

ps

NOTFLAMING ANYONE

interesting topic though

SLOW, U NEED HIGH ELEMENTS[/b]
    I'm using Garp and it slows A LOT (I'm a MP build)

wat u are saying right there is that u slowed the same as paper mage than u did as intel mage...

and toy soldier said that only thing that effect slow effect is ap...

as paper mage u would prolly use lyacoan

compared to intel where u would maybe use elixir..

the the difference in ap for those to staffs is huge.

so if u say that u slowed the same as paper and intel

ur not just disproving int as a factor in slow rate but also ap...

and toy we all know hardest hitting mages has bf +3 rings and cursed weapon +8

and that ap of staff is the biggest factor in damage..

but im looking for proof on slow rates though

not damage
    ps

NOTFLAMING ANYONE

interesting topic though[/b]
    i do use lycaon as paper (+8.5) and used erenion+8 and garp+7 as intel. the difference isn't that much. and i always wore +2/+3 BF rings. anyway my point wasn't referred to this you just said. I said that as intel or as paper i would always freeze and stun the people with low element-resistance (which are rogues, paper mages and BP). And yes i say that intelligence will not help you AT ALL for stunning and slowing. it will just help you for not being stunned and slowed.

jpo183

if its for multiple class post it in Game Questions & Tips duh[/b]

Well let me tell you something about the slow/stun rate from my own experience (4 years playing DCZ mage. both intel and paper) Intel didn't help at all when stunning and/or slowing. as paper mage every single time (95% actually) i cast ice/light spell on an enemy paper mage or BP (not even gonna mention rogues cause most ardream rogues got 00 resistance lol) i would slow/stun them. When i attacked intel priest/warrior even intel mage thing was different. i didn't actually compared number of times i managed to slow intel priests as either intel/paper mage but on rough terms it was the same! the only thing that intel has got to do with slowing/stunning is on yourself because it will raise the resistance. THAT'S IT!.

Now when it comes to damage i can also tell you that with blade attacks the most important thing is the AP on your staff. and when it comes to range skills it's base MP. once you maxed base MP then extra elemental and staff AP comes into play. yes i have also played lvl 80 and lvl 69 mage so i know what am talking about. I can also tell you that Fire>Ice>lightning. and of course the different will be higher while your enemy's resistance is the lowest.

so setting aside toysoldier's arrogant personality and aggresive answers... pretty much everything he said is true.[/b]

+1

I had a dcz mage that I played for 2-3 years that lite. I went into the arena and tested full intellegence items and it DID NOT help.

Staff/blade attacks are AP because it is a MELEE attack with elemental dmg.

Spells are base MP because it is a pure magical attack.

Heres where I could never figure out. Why the element on certin staffs (keeping everything else the same ) helped / hurt the stunning /slowing effect ex: the garp

What really should try to be figured out is

1)what staves are better even though element may be higher, etc
    2) whatis the dmg increase / stunning increase with UNIQUE items such as ROMS , etc I belive people are now saying that OFFHAND rings do not give you as much bonuses as before. Also I am hearing a lot now that UNIQUE items with MP work.

my offhand (offfinger? :P) ring is working fine... as good as the other one

jpo183

my offhand (offfinger? :P) ring is working fine... as good as the other one[/b]
    http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index.php?sh...amp;hl=off+ring

yep I have read this and that's why I checked it myself... was getting constantly the same dmg, no matter which finger

jpo183

ok cause I was thinking of switching to a rom +1........have you tested if the MP on the uniqe attribute to + dmg, etc?

nop got no money for roms :P

pthawaii

Can't say I have all the answers, but I did test GE8 and Elix8 staff, 72 skill with iron dummies in mora, and oddly enough, I hit for more with the GE8.

do not test them at scarecrows lol.... the damage there is completely different...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345