Ice mage Exp oriented

This is a discussion on Ice mage Exp oriented within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; I'm going to play a 61lvl mage that atm is skilled as ice/ lr And what i'm going to do...is ...
Page: 1

from the only place where u'll be able to listen the true Minimal

Default Ice mage Exp oriented

I'm going to play a 61lvl mage that atm is skilled as ice/ lr
    And what i'm going to do...is random exp.(with random i mean i'm not premium atm and i wont smoke much hours of my time for playing it..considering the state of KO now.)
    Moreover, even if i'll log on server1..i wont going pk that much.(almost never...due to massive hackers..lack of jewels and so on..)
    So i'm not really interested in pk.

What i'm looking for is a ice mage exp machine able to kill things fastly even soloing.

1)So i would like to know a nice staff for exping.
    I've readen many topics and probably things are uncertain about them and everyone got his opinion ...Anyway, what staff will you prefere and why?

I must do a precision: Atm i use rented items...but honeslty i found the new magic shells with both hp and mp bonus really cool and usefull. ( especially considering they are easely droppable and really cheap if you buy them)

I know that higher is the ap of a staff higher will be your dmg. That sounds natural.
    But i even heard that the elemental dmg of a staff counts much more with the aoe skilz.

Can you confirm this?
    Therefore my idea was going to buy a nice LE possibly +8.
    Nice bonus (hp,mp) and a nice elem.
    Considering it requires low int..it could be wise to restat as crimsoned mage.Or maybe crystal armor too, pumping a bit more or mp or hp.

My second option is a the BF staff called Garp ( lol not 100% sure about its name ^_^ garp is the one based on ice elem.dmg right? )

2)About jewels...i saw shios prices are low as hell. and it's not so much hard to buy dual shio+1 or even dual +2. ( if i start selling random shits i should be able to buy even dual shio+2)
    As neck...i guess wp or ep.
    About earrings... i was thinking to make some shits like...16mp 3hp
    LOL people really give that +9 earrings mp almost for free...and considering i'm mainly exp oriented..i think i had a decent idea.
    For belt...well...dunno...maybe quest belt is more then decent

3) I noticed it's pretty hard to find an exp party for 70- mages
    So probably i'm going to exp even solo. That's not a prob.
    Uruk trons aoe are decent exp and fast.
    Moreover...RLB/cz treants/ancient spot are simply perfect.
    And right now i remember when i used to solo or just with an other mage
    a whole harpy spot in cz.

So my setup has to be adapted at that plan too.
    So a basic decent hp/ac is quite a must i think. ( That's an other point for LE and his hp bonus. i think)

Then...i dont remember at what lvl..but if i'm not wrong at 69 you can have dual nova.
    So...i was thinking that...considering i'm going just to exp..
    well...dual nova (ice-flame) could be a nice try.
    But then...i think i should use a ron's staff ...due to its 3 elemental dmgs.
    What ya think about that thing of dual novas ? in spite of manster?

4) i need an mp rec staff. many around...lupus..lobo..DO they really work?
    I mean...is it a good idea buying them for recharging mana?
    And what about hp rec staff?
    What i know is they works great with aoe skills. More are the enemies you hit at same time...ofcourse...more you recharge.
    The 30 mp rec bonus sounds nice.
    5) I remember a 1handed staff...that went out for holloween..or somthing like that. If i'm not wrong it's the only 1 handed staff.
    Thinking of a potential idea..of switching in Tank-shielded mage for pk...Does that 1h staff helps ? dunno...still a decent stun/slow rate [ considering the players wont using tbl edited files...."YE LOL, ALL " ] or is just for looking cool?
    I mean...i know its ap is probably super low and suring wearing a shield + that staff is better than wearing just the shield. but...well does that staff help in anyway in pk?

Sorry for the LONGEST monolog i have ever written..(and you...have readen...) but any answer / critic / suggestion will be really really welcome.

mellowman

ummm, i think you should take the garp, mp and hp recover staffs are junk and so is rons staff. go to 70 for 2 ice novas. get the uniques you mentioned and i would say ep over wp. dont get the haloween staff, thats for support mages.the magic shells are better for exping that normal complete unless you reallyyyyyy need that health and you probley wont. the quest belt sucks and so i think you should get a good unique belt or even just a 9mp belt or mana belt or somthing and it will kick up your damage a little bit

if you really wanna exp go fire.

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

for exp trons are not bad. specially with shios +2 and enough mp u can one hit them.

my suggestions is get shios +2 ASAP

after that suggest getting Oasis staff+7 or garp +7 the 10 ap that seperates em will show in damage specially with shios

but oasis has hp and dd which u will need mre than that 10 ap. even if u dont plan on pkin soon.

for best damage

i say go 124 INT 51 STR and rest mp

124 int will make you cardboard mage and lets u have decent hp and some ac while still doing good damage.

for cheap earrings go for +9 hp earrings bronze earrins or wse. ( wat good is mp accesorries if u die in two hits)

duel nova is shit.

ur ice nova will hit the same as fire nova or prolly even more.

if also ur 2nd strongest aoe atack isnt blizzard but ice burst. so u will be mostly going nove burst burst burst blizzard burst busrt nova.

dont go with dual nova trust me its total shit.

mp recovery staffs are the shit!

all u do is u aoe with ur normal staff till ur mp is low then u switch over to ur lobo lycaon staff and with one nova u will regain most if not all ur mp. and it only works on mobs though.

solo exp take treants in rlb the spawn si so nice and close its too good to pass up. if that dont work out go to cz harpies. so many of em u can drag till they die.
    trons would be last coice just cuz u would sit to much. waiting for them to respawn.

if u can ever get shios +3 and oasis + 8 DONT BE AFRAID TO KITE BOSSSES!

u wont killem but u will for sure do more damage than any lvl 80 warrior on troll king hapry queen snake queen.

talos dont hit unless ur FAR FAR AWAY!

i think thats it back to cod 4
    Last edited by gimmecookiesnao; 09-15-2009 at 11:50 PM.

tnx for the suggestions. i agree with almost all you guys wrote. I'm in doubt with just the earrings part. Honeslty earring doesn't really pump that much neither hp nor ac. Or well...they do it but to really feel that bonuses you need to have them at +1 at least.
    So in my opinion, 16mp /3hp earring should be still cheaper and probably better for my goal. ANyway i'm planning to use quest earrings at the beginning. They're more then decent.

HOwever.. gogogo ...ideas/suggestions are welcome

P.S. server: Pathos - looking for someone to have fun with

I used to have my small one equiped with shell +7/+8, salamander +8, kekuri-belt (that would be a good one for you too) and roms +0 and ep+0. that`s fun in borderwars (lvl63 now), don`t bother exping with that. Go fire and you can drag golems, but the rest of mp after 160int is so low, that that char is a pain for every serious aoe-party.

If you want to exp you really really really want something else than 160int, trust me. I´m gonna try ice-paper now cause I love ice (and have another mage) :-P

pthawaii

I didnt read all, but if ur xping, why not go fire/ice? Unless making cz melee parties, then ice/lr is good to support raids, but I'd never solo as ice, can solo faster and easier as fire/ice with bliz

Quote Originally Posted by pthawaii View Post
    I didnt read all, but if ur xping, why not go fire/ice? Unless making cz melee parties, then ice/lr is good to support raids, but I'd never solo as ice, can solo faster and easier as fire/ice with bliz

cuz with shios being as cheap as they are u can make +2's and hits just as hard as a fire mage with flames rings +1

yea that's the fact. I really like ice and then cuz shios are so cheap in these days

id also like to add that fire mage doesnt get any good in myopinion until 70+ skills

Moreover i would like to add a thing. Call me crazy, retarded or what else...but i really like to solo full harpy/golems slots...even without sw and no matter if it takes me an era to kill them..i just have fun doing it...(lol it looks like an everending lure and you feel the ice power for real) so i do it..(LOL that's my new way to still have fun with ko) and slowing mobs in that cases is a priority..much more then bombing them with 1 supernova you know

Anyway...i'm still in doubt about the staff.
    Now...Oasis+8 is damn sexy for sure...but it's a little bit far from my badget atm. ( or well...let's say i can buy it...but...atm i haven't seen 1person selling it- or spamming in moradon saying s> oasis+8 - and then, in order to buy it...i will need to sacrifice an item of my loved baba rogue.)
    So i think it's better spending money on shios...trying to get the highest+ and going around with a decent staff, than buying a crazy staff but having 0 shios.

So, i wanna know your opinions about:
    1) LE+8 (100 ap /86 elem dmg/ mp bonus 9 / and a ncie hp bonus too-if i'm not wrong)
    2)Oasis+7 (110 ap?! right?)
    3)Elixir+8 (120 ap)/ +7 ( 111 ap?!)
    4) Garp+7 (120 ap?!)

Atm i dont remember their stats..anyway..
    The point is...wich staff does more dmg with aoe skilz and with wich setup.

Let's suppose i dont go full int...(rest stat point spent on mp as suggested before)
    what will you choose between le+8 and oasis+7?
    LE doas more dmg probably?Do you really feel That extra elem. dmg of LE with aoe skilz (on mobs) ?!

While if i choose 160 int.... garp+7 vs elixir+8?

And wich setup will do more dmg?! ( at least till i will reach 255 mp stat )

mellowman

oasis +7 is 113 attack