Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

im newb at mage

This is a discussion on im newb at mage within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; ok hello i no like nothing about mages o.O but they look fun and i wanna play a dcz one ...
Page: 1

_random_

ok hello i no like nothing about mages o.O but they look fun and i wanna play a dcz one

im poor=[
    cwest
    ardream
    first question(very nooby ): like normal staffs can a LE be changed into an GE or GE into LE with that staff change scroll?(is there a fire version?)

next question: with these items wat wud be best (ice,light or fire?): le+6(ge,or fire one if there is)/elixer+7(tell me which is best), crimson +7, and quests=[[[(will improve after i play for a while).

ty and any other info

PLEASE no flames

i know almost nothing about mages=[[[

ty

Banned

ok hello i no like nothing about mages o.O but they look fun and i wanna play a dcz one
    im poor=[
    cwest
    ardream
    first question(very nooby ): like normal staffs can a LE be changed into an GE or GE into LE with that staff change scroll?(is there a fire version?)

next question: with these items wat wud be best (ice,light or fire?): le+6(ge,or fire one if there is)/elixer+7(tell me which is best), crimson +7, and quests=[[[(will improve after i play for a while).
    ty and any other info

PLEASE no flames
    i know almost nothing about mages=[[[
    ty[/b]
    No reason to be ashamed if you don't know everything about a game. We've all been there.

First question: No, unique staves cannot be re-rolled into another element, only Upgradeable staves can (Wood/Wizard/Salamandar/Elixir/etc).

Second question:
    GE (Glacier Erenion)is the ice version
    Wrath of Erenion aka WOE is the fire version
    LE (Lightning Erenion)is the lightning version

GE is good for ice.
    I'd use Elixir+7 over LE+7 for lightning.
    And probably Elixir +7 over WOE+7 too because more damage.

if u are low on money i would suggest go with ice
    ge+6/7
    quest jewels
    crimsons+7
    crimson dd helmet+6/7/8
    crimson spear deff boots +6/7/8
    crimson club pauldron +6/7/8
    and the axe part

this should not be to hard to get
    after that work on your jewels
    like kekurie belt
    elemental penden
    roms
    cleric earings

and best case would be
    in/ ep+3
    sse/ce the higher the+ the better offcourse
    rols
    iron belt ore glass belt
    crimsons+8 because u are dcz
    ge+8

_random_

wud the WoE, LE, and GE all be worth the same at the same +?

and sexe wat do u think i shud go for ardream? light, ice, or fire with the items i stated(i want to go light but wud i like stun enough and damage, etc)?and one more thing for sexe wats better elixer +7 glacier or GE+6
    and if i were to go fire with crimsons +7 elixer +7 and quests in cwest ardream wud i do decent damage or no?

and ty Levo.

Banned

wud the WoE, LE, and GE all be worth the same at the same +?
    and sexe wat do u think i shud go for ardream? light, ice, or fire with the items i stated(i want to go light but wud i like stun enough and damage, etc)?and one more thing for sexe wats better elixer +7 glacier or GE+6
    and if i were to go fire with crimsons +7 elixer +7 and quests in cwest ardream wud i do decent damage or no?

and ty Levo.[/b]
    You need Flame rings and good staff (Scorching/Hellblood +8) in order to do a decent amount of damage as a Fire mage.

My advice would be just go either Lightning (with Elixir+7) Or Ice (GE+6). You will stun enough since DCZ has low resistances but won't be able to do nice amount of damages, because that, unfortunately, is gear dependant.

_random_

You need Flame rings and good staff (Scorching/Hellblood +8) in order to do a decent amount of damage as a Fire mage.

My advice would be just go either Lightning (with Elixir+7) Or Ice (GE+6). You will stun enough since DCZ has low resistances but won't be able to do nice amount of damages, because that, unfortunately, is gear dependant.[/b]
    thank you for the help

another question: can i hold a GE +6 in noob bdw? wat about elixer +7(dont think so)?edit:k i found out, i can hold ge but not elixer

and if i can hold a ge +6 in noob bdw can u tell me how i shud stat my int,mp and hp? thanx uve been a great help =]

btw why is GE+6 better than elixer +7 but LE+6 is worse than elixer +7 o.O

Banned

thank you for the help

another question: can i hold a GE +6 in noob bdw? wat about elixer +7(dont think so)?edit:k i found out, i can hold ge but not elixer

and if i can hold a ge +6 in noob bdw can u tell me how i shud stat my int,mp and hp? thanx uve been a great help =]
    btw why is GE+6 better than elixer +7 but LE+6 is worse than elixer +7 o.O[/b]
    Stating for GE+6 would vary with what gear you using. If you using crimsons then 160 INT and 106 MP(for GE) , then rest into hp(if theres any oO).

Ice mage is more focused on supporting the party and slowing enemies. GE provides you with nice resistances, hp/mana bonus and better icing rate than Elixir+7. Also has less Mp requirements that allows you to put more into hp and last longer on fights. Your main concern will be staying alive, tp your party members and ice your enemies and keep them iced.

LE+6 worse than Elixir+7 because stun rate relies on AP and LE has way too low ap , altho it has more elemental damage, this does not affect stunning rate. It is better to perform a better stunning ratio and damage than the bonuses you would get from a LE.

_random_

Stating for GE+6 would vary with what gear you using. If you using crimsons then 160 INT and 106 MP(for GE) , then rest into hp(if theres any oO).

Ice mage is more focused on supporting the party and slowing enemies. GE provides you with nice resistances, hp/mana bonus and better icing rate than Elixir+7. Also has less Mp requirements that allows you to put more into hp and last longer on fights. Your main concern will be staying alive, tp your party members and ice your enemies and keep them iced.

LE+6 worse than Elixir+7 because stun rate relies on AP and LE has way too low ap , altho it has more elemental damage, this does not affect stunning rate. It is better to perform a better stunning ratio and damage than the bonuses you would get from a LE.[/b]
    dam it says u can have 160 int and 102 mp at 45 >< so close lol
    anyway
    this prolly my last question
    so at 59 if i go ice ill put 160 into int for crimson, then 106 into mp for GE +6, then ill have 38 stats left which go into? hp im guessing? or int for more slow rate or sumtin?

and if i go light at 59 i put 160 into int, then 128 into int for elixer +7, then 16 stats which go into hp? or int for more stun rate?

sorry if im bothering u thanx for helpin me out

Banned

dam it says u can have 160 int and 102 mp at 45 >< so close lol
    anyway
    this prolly my last question
    so at 59 if i go ice ill put 160 into int for crimson, then 106 into mp for GE +6, then ill have 38 stats left which go into? hp im guessing? or int for more slow rate or sumtin?
    and if i go light at 59 i put 160 into int, then 128 into int for elixer +7, then 16 stats which go into hp? or int for more stun rate?
    sorry if im bothering u thanx for helpin me out[/b]
    HP. You dont need more INT to slow more, thats just a myth.

sorry if im bothering u thanx for helpin me out

HP. Same reasons i stated above.

I was a DCZ mage before I went 60+, I loved it, stun rate was high and you rape.

My gear:
    Crimson +7/12 set
    DD Helm +7
    Elixer +7
    Quest Acces
    EP

I put 42 skill points into Lightning, rest into ice. I would have my skill bar set as ice with charged blade on there, cast my ice spells then go into battle. I could tank a good bit of damage but not much. This was on Akara, not real sure about C-West but it&#39;s new you might be able to own there as well.

I&#39;d say stat for the elixer and not the GE because you can be Support mage and get involved in fighting as well because you can just change the elixer to lightning or ice.

_random_

I was a DCZ mage before I went 60+, I loved it, stun rate was high and you rape.

My gear:
    Crimson +7/12 set
    DD Helm +7
    Elixer +7
    Quest Acces
    EP

I put 42 skill points into Lightning, rest into ice. I would have my skill bar set as ice with charged blade on there, cast my ice spells then go into battle. I could tank a good bit of damage but not much. This was on Akara, not real sure about C-West but it&#39;s new you might be able to own there as well.

I&#39;d say stat for the elixer and not the GE because you can be Support mage and get involved in fighting as well because you can just change the elixer to lightning or ice.[/b]
    hmm good point
    and thanx sexe
    and speaking of skill points
    how much into ice/light
    i heard some good ones are
    42 light rest ice
    45 ice 45 light rest watever u want
    or do i just go normal 59 ice/light rest in ice/light

Banned

hmm good point
    and thanx sexe
    and speaking of skill points
    how much into ice/light
    i heard some good ones are
    42 light rest ice
    45 ice 45 light rest watever u want
    or do i just go normal 59 ice/light rest in ice/light[/b]
    if you gonna go light, just put 45 points in it. and 51 in ice for ice comet. dont need more.

if you gonna go light, just put 45 points in it. and 51 in ice for ice comet. dont need more.[/b]

anyone know how much redistribution(skill points) costs at lvl 59?

Banned

k ty =]

btw anyone know how much redistribution(skill points) costs at lvl 59?[/b]
    around 25-30m.

and btw i normaly put 1 point into str so i can hold a Scorpian Shield +0 its good def and u can be a good tank

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast