Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

int 72 lvl priest manes

This is a discussion on int 72 lvl priest manes within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; No no no, don't use Dread Shield, that shields a appealing shield to noobs, just because the AC on it ...
Page: 2

Haveyouseenmybeartibbers? Senior Member JDizzle's Avatar

No no no, don't use Dread Shield, that shields a appealing shield to noobs, just because the AC on it is stupidly high, use PS +5, Mine is +6, and Warryons never hit me over 700 and I don't have a Iron set, only Bronze Belt..When I add Spear def boots, Epic win. I never die!!

Sell the DS +6 and Buy a ROL. That SS +6 is nice for undying and when you go raiding EW.

Personal shield is the best fucking shield in the game. +6 = Nearly equivelant to a CS +0, due to the 217AC and 38 Defence to every weapon. (Except dagger and arrow)

So...

Sell DS +6
    Keep SS +6
    Keep PS +5
    Sell 1 ROM
    Buy ROL

[/b]
    idk what your smoking... but ds +7 = just as good as a personal shield +5... you take about the same damage from each warrior ( who is using a spear or an axe and you aren't debuffed, and a maximum of 30 damage more if someone is using a club and even less if using a sword) along with getting the advantages of having DD, and you gain more FR and LR compared to personal shield...

and for general pk, you dont have just warriors taht pk? you have sins, and sins especailly aim priest, for general pk, i usually always ware my dread shield...

i have a dread shield +7/ personal shield +6/ and a scorpion shield +7...

by getting a shield it is your "main" source for defense, especailly when you pk, your jewelrys help you tank more people,

personally though, i would get a dread shield +7 first, then work on getting legionaire bands ( i am a fan for resist, the more you have the better ~~) next get an iron neck. a balance works out, by having max weapon defense, as well as resistances, and to make up for your ac loss from using an iron neck to gain weapon defense, get sse's for extra ac as well as hp stat or my favorite are lillimes enticement for even MORE resist as well as gg hp bonus, and if you ever intend on going bp, you have your earrings.

personally... stick w/ the lycoan hammer +6... i still use a lycoan +6 ~~ lol... +6> +7 = 5 resist difference, and yes every stat point and resistance point matters, but for the cost to go from +6> +7 for the extra 1 hp/1 int and 5 resist isn't worth the extra 8 gbs they want on my server...(+6 = 900m, +7 = 17 gbs lol... )

just my 2 cents

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

This is what you do.

Keep the SS and the Personal Shield. SS is good for exping, and also for raiding EW and PVP versus Mage parties.
    Sell the DS (useless if you have the personal shield)

Definatly buy a +8 Chittin Pauldron.

Sell BOTH SSE's, and try and get dual CE's +1. Resistance, decent HP, decent AC, which overal makes them better then SSE's (imo)

idk what your smoking... but ds +7 = just as good as a personal shield +5... you take about the same damage from each warrior ( who is using a spear or an axe and you aren't debuffed, and a maximum of 30 damage more if someone is using a club and even less if using a sword) along with getting the advantages of having DD, and you gain more FR and LR compared to personal shield...

and for general pk, you dont have just warriors taht pk? you have sins, and sins especailly aim priest, for general pk, i usually always ware my dread shield...

i have a dread shield +7/ personal shield +6/ and a scorpion shield +7...

by getting a shield it is your "main" source for defense, especailly when you pk, your jewelrys help you tank more people,

personally though, i would get a dread shield +7 first, then work on getting legionaire bands ( i am a fan for resist, the more you have the better ~~) next get an iron neck. a balance works out, by having max weapon defense, as well as resistances, and to make up for your ac loss from using an iron neck to gain weapon defense, get sse's for extra ac as well as hp stat or my favorite are lillimes enticement for even MORE resist as well as gg hp bonus, and if you ever intend on going bp, you have your earrings.

personally... stick w/ the lycoan hammer +6... i still use a lycoan +6 ~~ lol... +6> +7 = 5 resist difference, and yes every stat point and resistance point matters, but for the cost to go from +6> +7 for the extra 1 hp/1 int and 5 resist isn't worth the extra 8 gbs they want on my server...(+6 = 900m, +7 = 17 gbs lol... )

just my 2 cents[/b]
    u srs? http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index....owtopic=246866

u posted that shit and no one agreed with you, yet you still go off ranting about how awesome ds is

here is my excerpt... with logic!!
    personal shield all the way

sure, it is only 15 weapon defense. however, this 15 weapon defense is calculated first meaning it is used in its entirety (matchless vs. 0 in master). with the large amount of clubs (on any server), the cb found is invaluable as well.

cs>ps>ds

i would take 35 club defense and 15% reduction from axe/spear any day over 10% dagger defense and ~180ac

the value of ac is exponentially decreasing (i.e. the difference of 900ac->1000ac is much more influential than 1400->1600ac). dread shield provides a large amount of AC, but i think that that reason alone is severely overrating it.

people are so obsessed with the numbers these days in their character reports, they fail to see the true value behind the numbers. with a cs, i can break 1500ac at lvl 76. with a ps, i can get more. past 1350ish ac, the actual gain from more ac decreases substantially. at this point, you are reducing most of the % damage that warriors/priests deal. instead, the additional dmg (i.e. +400 helis or +350 hb) is the majority of the damage.
    10% dagger defense is negligible for many reasons:
    1. even with the lvl 80 sins running around, sins are still hardly a challenge and should never be able to consistently kill a priest. their damage is so inconsistent that it is easily countered by a single full heal
    2. 10% dagger defense will be calculated last. your dagger defense helm will be calculated first (reducing the full damage by 17%) and then your belt/possible neck will be calculated next (or at the same time as the ds). finally, matchless will come in. so, it isn't even a full 10% reduction, it's more like a 6.885% reduction (with iron neck... 7.65% without)

the resistances are decent, but hardly worth considering next to the bonuses you gain from a ps. resistances, with the advent of new moradon as well as the overall increased levels, are easily achieved.

i heard about this[/b]

edit: oh wait you are a bp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12