INT Priest Uniques

This is a discussion on INT Priest Uniques within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; EP +2 - Skelly VS EP +1 - IB...
Page: 1

J

EP +2 - Skelly

VS

EP +1 - IB

EP +2 - Skelly

VS

EP +1 - IB[/b]
    your character level/other items/server are somewhat important in discerning the matter.
    axes are much more prevalent on older servers (where a decent + giga/avedon is widely used), so i'd recommend taking an IB/GB hands down in that situation.
    if you are using legionnaire bands and/or lillime/ce/we's, the value of the gr on the skele belt decreases substantially

i think your shield choice is most important in this matter.

if you are using a cs: most likely it will be a lower + (i.e. not 7 or higher) where the resists on it are virtually negligible (in this case, you should be using a lb/ce/lillime/we or something to that extent). but, you have the bases of axe/sword (not so important) covered so the bonus defenses are not quite needed. also, the ac on a cs is lacking when compared with personal shield / ds, so the ac could most definitely come in handy. i find it best to always pair the ib with the cs and wear dual resist earrings or a lb in order to compensate for the lack of ac/resists.

if you are using a ps: ps, in comparison with the cs, is just a slightly worse-off version of it. it provides a low amount of hp (low as in ~120) and the same weapon defenses as a cs (just to a lesser degree). the resists are low, but the ac is a good deal higher. depending on your other jewelry, you can swing in either direction. if you are wearing resist earrings, the gr on the skelly is negligible, and the extra ac from the ps (as compared to the cs) will cover the loss of ac faced using a cs.

if you are using a ds: any bonus ac at this point is really really subject to diminishing returns assuming you have other decent jewelry (i.e. rols, earrings) but considering you are using an EP, i definitely do not think you need the extra ac that an IB offers. sadly, the dread shield has no club defense (which is really becoming more and more prominent in every server) however, either belt will supply a tiny bit. it has the axe defense that the skele is missing (though club>axe). all-in-all, i really don't like the ds.. would take a ps over it anyday, but seeing as everyone loves to see big numbers in their character report...

so in summary:
    cs: use ib/ep+1
    ps: if you are using resist earrings, use ib. if you are using ac jewels, use skele + ep+2.
    ds: use the skele + ep+2 (grudgingly).
    if you are < 72 and plan on staying that way for a while: take the ep+2/skelly. the hp bonus is far more valuable to you at those levels.

edit: the difference between ep1 and ep2 is really not all too big. it seems big on paper, but through personal experience, i can tell you that the difference is not as noticeable (whereas i think you will definitely notice the lack of axe/sword/minimal ac when you get hit). i&#39;d take the ib and ep1 over sb and ep2 if i were to be ignoring your item/lvl build

J

Thanks for the help. But I&#39;m DCZ and I do have a Dread shield.

Thanks for the help. But I&#39;m DCZ and I do have a Dread shield.[/b]
    that changes an assload.

ep2/skelly for sure

health bonus found on ep will be rather large (%-wise) and the gr on the skelly will help you out quite a bit as well.

there won&#39;t be many axe warriors (hard to hit a decent amount in dcz with axe) or swords.

ds will compensate for the lack of ac from choosing sb over ib

i dont think there&#39;s really much argument to this

+1 to tank

u loose 16 AC and weapon defences to axe/sword/... , but u gain a lot of HP, and the glaacier resistances will help you out as a priest The HP difference is actually quite big and skele belt already covers the 3 most important weapon defences needed

J

Bagga Bagga Bump!

Bagga Bagga Bump![/b]
    no need for bump

my word is law