Light mage ------ > INT = Stun rate?

This is a discussion on Light mage ------ > INT = Stun rate? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; .... if ye EP+2 or +3 > IN and gb > IB ?...
Page: 1

Red face

if ye EP+2 or +3 > IN
    and gb > IB ?

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

if ye EP+2 or +3 > IN
    and gb > IB ?[/b]
    With those possibilities I would use the +2/+3 EP and IB

http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index.php?sh...40007&st=20

read pages 2-3, you'll see both sides of the arguements....... both magyk and puppetyuber argue with interesting points

Banned

I dont think INT helps you stun more but that's just me.

http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index.php?sh...40007&st=20
    read pages 2-3, you'll see both sides of the arguements....... both magyk and puppetyuber argue with interesting points[/b]
    Both of them go through a lot of drama, let me just show you a person who got to the point and knew what he was talking about, and didn't have to flame on like those 2.

With respect, Malice removes 20% of the base AC, plus any buff, while Parasite removes 20% of the base HP, plus any buff. The base AC and HP is what you have when you are neither buffed nor debuffed, and includes whatever you have from your level, your stats, and your items.

So, the EP +3 gives you an additional 35 AC, plus 25 health points and 375 HP. Assumes for a mage 1 health = 12 HP (it depends on level), so an additional 675 HP or so. The IN +0 gives you 0 AC, but 20 additional health points, or 240 HP. Once maliced and parasited, you'll still have an additional 28 more AC and 0.8 * ( 675 - 240 ) = 348 additional HP with the EP+3.

Now, what about the weapon defense? You need to remember that any item's weapon reduction only applies to the base dommage. Say for example your mage get hit by a warrior using Howling Sword (300% base dommage + 200 additional damage) on average at 600 without any weapon defense. The 10% reduction in damage from the IN does not apply to the 200 additional damage, so it would reduce the damage to 0.9 * 400 + 200 = 560, for a 40 hit points damage reduction. Now assume you have both an Iron Belt and an Iron Necklace. The new damage is now 0.9 * 0.9 * 400 + 200 = 524. In my opinion, it's not worth it. As Millenium proposed, if you have the money go for a combination EP+3 and IB.

By the way Absoluteless and Matchless, the passive damage reduction skills, apply to both weapon and magic attacks, and for weapons both on the base damage and the additional damage. If your mage has Absoluteness or Matchless, then the IN does not make any sense when compared to the EP+3.

Cheers...[/b]

Banned

Both of them go through a lot of drama, let me just show you a person who got to the point and knew what he was talking about, and didn't have to flame on like those 2.[/b]
    Lol, nice quote but it doesn't answer tod_lucznik's question. He doesnt mention INT affecting stun rate anywhere.

Lol, nice quote but it doesn't answer tod_lucznik's question. He doesnt mention INT affecting stun rate anywhere.[/b]
    Oh lol I am slow today as you saw from earlier today, but I didn't even look at the topic name, just saw the comparison of items.

ChowBoy

Go EP+3 and GB

Oh lol I am slow today as you saw from earlier today, but I didn't even look at the topic name, just saw the comparison of items.[/b]
    o snaps, opposite here

i read the title and didnt notice the item comparision xD

in > ep +2 for sure, but at +3 (the ep) it really goes down to preference, imo, i'd still pick the IN cuz u cant debuff weapon defences.

and if u already have a lotta weapon defence armors, ill go for gb, if not, go for ib.

Banned

Yep, I'd go for Iron set vs EP+2, but definetely EP+3 + IB vs IN+0