Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Iron Necklace +0 or Elemental Pendant +3

This is a discussion on Iron Necklace +0 or Elemental Pendant +3 within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; i'm a light mage atm and can't decide between IN +0 or EP +3.. EP would be great to boost ...
Page: 1

i'm a light mage atm and can't decide between IN +0 or EP +3..

EP would be great to boost my hp alot and adds a little defence, but the Iron Neck will give me 10 wep Defence to all..
    i will be using an Iron belt so will already have 10 wep to all so i was kinda thinking the EP...

What do you think <3

Imhotep

EP +3 for sure 0.0

If you already got IB or glass belt, go for EP+3

i&#39;m a light mage atm and can&#39;t decide between IB +0 or EP +3..

EP would be great to boost my hp alot and adds a little defence, but the Iron Belt will give me 10 wep Defence to all..
    i will be using an Iron belt so will already have 10 wep to all so i was kinda thinking the EP...

What do you think <3[/b]
    hes means IN

ep3 for sure.

Personally I prefer Iron Neck.

I compared IN vs EP +3. I would probably get 350 more hp, and 34 more defense, but I did lose STR (which builds towards my AP), and 10% weapon defense.

iron necklace&#39;s weapon defences cannot be altered by debuffs. But the hp and ac bonus from ep +3 can be nerfed after duffs. If u have good priest to pk with u a lot, or ur server dont have much duffers, go with EP, anything else = IN ^^

EP+3 for me anyday. sick neck

Diez Orginal Senior Member DrUnKeNmAsTeR's Avatar

100% EP+3

Anyone who says EP doesnt know what pk is.

you need as much weapon defenses as you can get, so IN hands down... even if you lose 200hp on it.

for that 200hp lost you will get hit 200-300less dmg per hit.

do the math.

Druide_Fr

iron necklace&#39;s weapon defences cannot be altered by debuffs. But the hp and ac bonus from ep +3 can be nerfed after duffs. If u have good priest to pk with u a lot, or ur server dont have much duffers, go with EP, anything else = IN ^^[/b]

you need as much weapon defenses as you can get, so IN hands down... even if you lose 200hp on it.

do the math.[/b]
    With respect, Malice removes 20% of the base AC, plus any buff, while Parasite removes 20% of the base HP, plus any buff. The base AC and HP is what you have when you are neither buffed nor debuffed, and includes whatever you have from your level, your stats, and your items.

So, the EP +3 gives you an additional 35 AC, plus 25 health points and 375 HP. Assumes for a mage 1 health = 12 HP (it depends on level), so an additional 675 HP or so. The IN +0 gives you 0 AC, but 20 additional health points, or 240 HP. Once maliced and parasited, you&#39;ll still have an additional 28 more AC and 0.8 * ( 675 - 240 ) = 348 additional HP with the EP+3.

Now, what about the weapon defense? You need to remember that any item&#39;s weapon reduction only applies to the base dommage. Say for example your mage get hit by a warrior using Howling Sword (300% base dommage + 200 additional damage) on average at 600 without any weapon defense. The 10% reduction in damage from the IN does not apply to the 200 additional damage, so it would reduce the damage to 0.9 * 400 + 200 = 560, for a 40 hit points damage reduction. Now assume you have both an Iron Belt and an Iron Necklace. The new damage is now 0.9 * 0.9 * 400 + 200 = 524. In my opinion, it&#39;s not worth it. As Millenium proposed, if you have the money go for a combination EP+3 and IB.

By the way Absoluteless and Matchless, the passive damage reduction skills, apply to both weapon and magic attacks, and for weapons both on the base damage and the additional damage. If your mage has Absoluteness or Matchless, then the IN does not make any sense when compared to the EP+3.

Cheers...

do the math.[/b]
    more like 500.
    on oly, there are a lot of mages, which the IN is basically useless. I would rather have to overall constant HP boost from the EP+3. IN+1 its a diff story obviously but IN0 < ep3

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

General rule says that IN is for dumb babashoppers while pro ppl with good priest (and good pk party/clan in general) take EP over everything.

Besides, there are more good things on EP, like int and mana bonus. Even the mp bonus for faster pve kills if its needed but the general idea around this is pk ofc.

i&#39;m a light mage atm and can&#39;t decide between IN +0 or EP +3..

EP would be great to boost my hp alot and adds a little defence, but the Iron Neck will give me 10 wep Defence to all..

What do you think <3[/b]
    i will choose always Iron neck, becose i`m duffed 90% of time at CZ >.<

mrmime

EP +3 for AC and more hp.

mrmagic2008

With respect, Malice removes 20% of the base AC, plus any buff, while Parasite removes 20% of the base HP, plus any buff. The base AC and HP is what you have when you are neither buffed nor debuffed, and includes whatever you have from your level, your stats, and your items.

So, the EP +3 gives you an additional 35 AC, plus 25 health points and 375 HP. Assumes for a mage 1 health = 12 HP (it depends on level), so an additional 675 HP or so. The IN +0 gives you 0 AC, but 20 additional health points, or 240 HP. Once maliced and parasited, you&#39;ll still have an additional 28 more AC and 0.8 * ( 675 - 240 ) = 348 additional HP with the EP+3.

Now, what about the weapon defense? You need to remember that any item&#39;s weapon reduction only applies to the base dommage. Say for example your mage get hit by a warrior using Howling Sword (300% base dommage + 200 additional damage) on average at 600 without any weapon defense. The 10% reduction in damage from the IN does not apply to the 200 additional damage, so it would reduce the damage to 0.9 * 400 + 200 = 560, for a 40 hit points damage reduction. Now assume you have both an Iron Belt and an Iron Necklace. The new damage is now 0.9 * 0.9 * 400 + 200 = 524. In my opinion, it&#39;s not worth it. As Millenium proposed, if you have the money go for a combination EP+3 and IB.

By the way Absoluteless and Matchless, the passive damage reduction skills, apply to both weapon and magic attacks, and for weapons both on the base damage and the additional damage. If your mage has Absoluteness or Matchless, then the IN does not make any sense when compared to the EP+3.

Cheers...[/b]

good post. I don&#39;t think warriors constantly hit with the extra 200 damage, it can range anywhere from 0 to 200+.
    i&#39;m not sure i understand your point about the IN not making any sense if the mage already has absoluteness and matchless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast