Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Keep EP+2 or get IN?

This is a discussion on Keep EP+2 or get IN? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Hm, I see your point about the paper mage, and Id agree that IN is better for them in most ...
Page: 2

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Hm, I see your point about the paper mage, and Id agree that IN is better for them in most situations anyhow. I usually picture paper mage in all mage party...ex. rush in, Nova, and town, or get tped all over the place by the other mages, so huge HP base is most useful in those situations, whereas, Int mage is taking hits continually and not getting TPd so they need the Pot Tank ability that wep def and AC gives... Either way, IN is far better than EP+2 for any situation IMO

Comes down to your pref 300HP+28AC or 10 to all WEP DEF.... for me its easy choice, but im not a big fan of huge max HP, i think its wasted space most of the time.[/b]
    When I first said EP +2 was because I knew he already had geared out stuff on his account and is stated 160 int and rest mp... so you tell me, with 160 int and rest into mp that doesn't even make it to 2.5k hp... a lvl 83 mage stated 160 int and rest into mp barelly makes it 2.5k hp with quest uniques. Anyways the point is, it's the newest server out, even though I find it a bit old since it's been 9 months, but people are that well geared out there, it's only about 2-3 clans that are decked out. So since he doesn't have enough HP, he should def go with the EP +2, and it would be much better. For some reason always on the newer servers at the beginning I always found Skelly belt +0 and like EP +1 or higher to be the best comination.
    The only time I would maybe take IN over EP +2 is at level 80 fire mage, then it's really easy to surive with 2x vamparic fire, it can get you out of any situation and that extra hundreds of hp won't matter that much.

i dont know but when i go rlb/cz , i dont have IN or IB , just DD helmet and caotic and it was enough for rogue

i bought Spear/club armors parts and it was really nice and cheap.

maybe this will help,

i would choose EP2

imo ep+2

__countess__

New server... or old server.... IN is the way to go.
    You lose what? 300-400hp? That's 1 skill from opponent .... that 10 weapon def x 15 hits for a vs .... you make the math.
    Plus you're on a new server... so only crappy weapon def armor there.... so one more reason for IN

IN imo. But i would consider making ep+3 XD

half these people don&#39;t know what they are talking about ><.... go EP +2

IMO EP +2

MM16

yep ep +2

Cassie

ep+2

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

you make the math[/b]
    Make ur own math. U should know better than most. Too bad u were either blind or way too dumb to notice.

RE5PECTmf

I would chose EP+2 no matter what server r we talking about . I had both on Ares and I am way more satisfied with EP+2 , on newer servers , its better because there are no many pimped out chars , but ppl think too much defensive , like u only get attacks from melees ... make ur peace with it , if u got 2 x 80 lvl warriors on ur back and u get duffed , u r dead ... even with CS and Iron Set +3 . I thought same way at first , but then I got once really fucked up problem .. u see party ... lag out 5 secs and boom u r dead . Doesn&#39;t matter how much total defense or weapon defense u have ... u r dead and ofc its done by mage parties. On newer servers u have to balance ur hp , but still be able to take some hits , but on older servers ... mages own . In situation like I mentioned , and thats like 24/7 in Ares cz .. I would sacrifice 10 weap def for more hp / mana and ability to survive nova-town or simple mage rush parties . Just my 2 cents .

__countess__

Make ur own math. U should know better than most. Too bad u were either blind or way too dumb to notice.[/b]
    EP +2 gives 20 Health bonus and 300 HP . That&#39;s arround 550 hp to mage.
    IN gives 20 Health bonus.

So in total EP gives you 300 HP more.

Hypothetically a mage vs with a warrior.
    Hypothetically the warrior hits the mage for 800.
    Hypothetically the mage has 5000 hp with EP +2.
    The warrior needs 6.25 skills to kill mage if the mage doesn&#39;t pot or anything.

Hypothetically a mages vs with the same warrior but this time the mage wears IN.
    Hypothetically the warrior hits the mage for (800 - 10% = 720). (Ok let&#39;s say 730 because he lost the EP +2 ac???? )
    Hypothetically the mage has 4700 hp with IN.
    The warrior needs 6.52 or 6.43 skills to kill mage if the mage doesn&#39;t pot or anything.

I make my own math ? ok..

I&#39;m not even gonna go to the damage you recieve when an assasin hits you ... because the greater the damage .. the greater the reduce when wearing IN .

EP +2 gives 20 Health bonus and 300 HP . That&#39;s arround 550 hp to mage.
    IN gives 20 Health bonus.

So in total EP gives you 300 HP more.

Hypothetically a mage vs with a warrior.
    Hypothetically the warrior hits the mage for 800.
    Hypothetically the mage has 5000 hp with EP +2.
    The warrior needs 6.25 skills to kill mage if the mage doesn&#39;t pot or anything.

Hypothetically a mages vs with the same warrior but this time the mage wears IN.
    Hypothetically the warrior hits the mage for (800 - 10% = 720). (Ok let&#39;s say 730 because he lost the EP +2 ac???? )
    Hypothetically the mage has 4700 hp with IN.
    The warrior needs 6.52 or 6.43 skills to kill mage if the mage doesn&#39;t pot or anything.

I make my own math ? ok..

I&#39;m not even gonna go to the damage you recieve when an assasin hits you ... because the greater the damage .. the greater the reduce when wearing IN .[/b]
    Worst math I have ever seen, you didn&#39;t even take into consideration if he has one of the defense belts such as IB and GB. Clearly he said at the beginning that he did, if he said that he didn&#39;t we would all be voting for him to get the IN.... but he already has a defense belt (not sure which one he mentioned)... so try out the new "math formula" now and see which one turns out to be better.

__countess__

Worst math I have ever seen, you didn&#39;t even take into consideration if he has one of the defense belts such as IB and GB. Clearly he said at the beginning that he did, if he said that he didn&#39;t we would all be voting for him to get the IN.... but he already has a defense belt (not sure which one he mentioned)... so try out the new "math formula" now and see which one turns out to be better.[/b]
    Do you realize that whatever are his other items this "Formula" has nothing to do with it ?
    The "hypothetically" i used is based on w/e his OTHER items are ....
    What if he has Iron Belt ? That would make my statements not true ? What if he had Kekuri belt ? IN is an IN and it does the same thing if you have the whole iron set or not.
    The question is "Keep EP +2 or get IN" ... that&#39;s what i&#39;m answering too... regardless what his built is and what other items he has.

Diez Orginal Senior Member DrUnKeNmAsTeR's Avatar

ep+2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast