Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Keep EP+2 or get IN?

This is a discussion on Keep EP+2 or get IN? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; gb + ep2...
Page: 4

gb + ep2

xstep

get an in

I have both and 90% off the time im using my ep +2.

ThePrime

i rather use ep 2+. at high lvl mages got the least hp. so you do need hp. i would say ep2+ gives about 400 more hp. weap def wont help against other mages and the difference between 28 def and 10 weap def is just aint worth it.

pthawaii

Wow, I'm a little shocked by all the EP2 votes. When up against mage party, I put on EP2, otherwise, I'm wearing my IN (I have GB). I don't have math to prove it, but I do better against melee's with IN on than EP2.

The main factor for me is, with more defens, heals/pots can keep up with damange taken. Plus, u can't debuff defens.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Wow, I'm a little shocked by all the EP2 votes. When up against mage party, I put on EP2, otherwise, I'm wearing my IN (I have GB). I don't have math to prove it, but I do better against melee's with IN on than EP2.

The main factor for me is, with more defens, heals/pots can keep up with damange taken. Plus, u can't debuff defens.[/b]
    yes u can...

the only time you should be going with the IN in this situation if you didn't have a defense belt such as IB or GB

I think its very situational of the place/time you are and build you have, and also your gameplay style. Since ur full mp, meaning you want to do max dmg with staff, you'll probably will have to be going in to get some hits done. IN would be the best for you.

At any point,
    % dmg reduction > AC > HP

For those who says IN its useless when you have other WD's, lets do the math accordingly to your thinking:

You have 100% dmg income.
    Matchless = -10% dmg income > 100% - 10% = 90%
    Belt with WD = -10% dmg income > 90% - 9% = 81%
    Iron Neck = -10% dmg income > 81% - 8.1% = 72.9%

As you can see the reduction is from 10% to 8.1%. I would prefer the 8.1% to the 300hp+28ac for general solo PK
    Also with debuffs like torment or malice, your AC doesn't matter, but the WD are still there.
    For party PK the EP+2's 300hp will help a bit with full heals and the 28ac if you get cured fairly fast enough.

PD.- Someone said "a mage shouldn't be runing into ppl and stay out of gangs". Well, then you might as well stay in town or outside the bowl, and for that, you dont need any particular gear.

I think its very situational of the place/time you are and build you have, and also your gameplay style. Since ur full mp, meaning you want to do max dmg with staff, you'll probably will have to be going in to get some hits done. IN would be the best for you.

At any point,
    % dmg reduction > AC > HP

For those who says IN its useless when you have other WD's, lets do the math accordingly to your thinking:

You have 100% dmg income.
    Matchless = -10% dmg income > 100% - 10% = 90%
    Belt with WD = -10% dmg income > 90% - 9% = 81%
    Iron Neck = -10% dmg income > 81% - 8.1% = 72.9%

As you can see the reduction is from 10% to 8.1%. I would prefer the 8.1% to the 300hp+28ac for general solo PK
    Also with debuffs like torment or malice, your AC doesn't matter, but the WD are still there.
    For party PK the EP+2's 300hp will help a bit with full heals and the 28ac if you get cured fairly fast enough.

PD.- Someone said "a mage shouldn't be runing into ppl and stay out of gangs". Well, then you might as well stay in town or outside the bowl, and for that, you dont need any particular gear.[/b]
    I would bak that quote up cause if you're especially soloing as a mage, then that's what you should be doing...

On topic thought I'd rather have the extra 300 hp bonus as an mp build mage and lose 200 or so hp when I put on the +7 def armors that I have (def armors are more beneficial then just IN alone if small amount of enemies attack u, such as 1 or 2)... then use an IN

The only time I would consider using IN would be if I was a support mage, cause then I know I have to tank alot of people, and that's where u really need both the belt and neck to be defensive

I would bak that quote up cause if you're especially soloing as a mage, then that's what you should be doing...

On topic thought I'd rather have the extra 300 hp bonus as an mp build mage and lose 200 or so hp when I put on the +7 def armors that I have (def armors are more beneficial then just IN alone if small amount of enemies attack u, such as 1 or 2)... then use an IN[/b]
    If your going to wait for the little guy who runs a little off the group, your up for a long wait, and you waste a lot of scrolls time, I would rather pick up a fight where I can and have fun, that's if your not a NP whore.
    You like your 300hp+28ac, which 200hp are gone when u put 1 piece for 1WD; over 8.1% allWD's. If you have the time/want/like to do the item switching, well whatever that makes you happy.

I think its very situational of the place/time you are and build you have, and also your gameplay style.[/b]

If your going to wait for the little guy who runs a little off the group, your up for a long wait, and you waste a lot of scrolls time, I would rather pick up a fight where I can and have fun, that's if your not a NP whore.
    You like your 300hp+28ac, which 200hp are gone when u put 1 piece for 1WD; over 8.1% allWD's. If you have the time/want/like to do the item switching, well whatever that makes you happy.[/b]
    I actually am an NP whore ... last time I played my own mage, was during beta, and u can ask anyone that was there with me that I kept gaining 1k+ np each scroll... so it's not that bad soloing

As for the EP vs IN, don't u still get it though, a DD helm has like 15 DD depending on what + it is, so meaning that you would reduce damage even more then when wearing an IN, while giving off an extra bonus of like 100hp and 28ac

I actually am an NP whore ... last time I played my own mage, was during beta, and u can ask anyone that was there with me that I kept gaining 1k+ np each scroll... so it's not that bad soloing

As for the EP vs IN, don't u still get it though, a DD helm has like 15 DD depending on what + it is, so meaning that you would reduce damage even more then when wearing an IN, while giving off an extra bonus of like 100hp and 28ac[/b]
    Who cares about beta anyways. And I never said soloing was bad, just waiting for the right noob who gets lost from the mass, its pretty unsual nowadays.

And in your calculations why do you even put the DD helm before IN doesn't make sense, what will be reducting its defense will be the helm, uniques come first, before armors. And also IN gives you defense for all weps, unlike the armors with defenses wich they use are situational.

Who cares about beta anyways. And I never said soloing was bad, just waiting for the right noob who gets lost from the mass, its pretty unsual nowadays.

And in your calculations why do you even put the DD helm before IN doesn't make sense, what will be reducting its defense will be the helm, uniques come first, before armors. And also IN gives you defense for all weps, unlike the armors with defenses wich they use are situational.[/b]
    That is why I specifically said for situations when only a few people are trying to get u, like 1-3.

And that is why I also said, I would go IN if I was support, cause then you really need all the wep defenses.

EP+2 IMO and i was manipulated by tHeUnBeAtAbLe & simontjeuh ^^

EP+2 IMO and i was manipulated by tHeUnBeAtAbLe & simontjeuh ^^[/b]
    I only posted my own preference not trying to manipulate anyone. If you prefer IN, you free to do so... but you'll have to come up with some decent arguments and convince me that it is indeed better

lol i'd personally take EP+2 since the hp it gives is overwelming and i think it wud be wise since u 2 are gr8 mage players so u know the best

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast