Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DCZ Paper +9 over Crimson +8

This is a discussion on DCZ Paper +9 over Crimson +8 within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; So I've been told that If I go Linen +9 over Crimson +8, Ill have alot more room for MP, ...
Page: 1

Default DCZ Paper +9 over Crimson +8

So I've been told that If I go Linen +9 over Crimson +8, Ill have alot more room for MP, which will make me spam alot higher. I was told I could spam almost 200 damage higher. Is this really worth the AC loss to go paper +9? I am looking to be more of an attack mage but also play some support when needed. I'd also but 90 into str for a Dread Shield. I'm trying to spam as many kills as possible, but also not die easily and play good support when needed.
    I've been told that as Light mage, I would spam maybe around 400 with crimson and with Linen +9 it'd be alot higher. Let me know what you guys think

My gear is/Will be:

Elysium +8/Chaotic +8
    Paper +9 Set
    Iron Neck
    Iron Belt
    Imir +3
    Imir +3
    SSE +1
    SSE +1
    Dread Shield +7

Quote Originally Posted by mha002 View Post
    So I've been told that If I go Linen +9 over Crimson +8, Ill have alot more room for MP, which will make me spam alot higher. I was told I could spam almost 200 damage higher. Is this really worth the AC loss to go paper +9? I am looking to be more of an attack mage but also play some support when needed. I'd also but 90 into str for a Dread Shield. I'm trying to spam as many kills as possible, but also not die easily and play good support when needed.
    I've been told that as Light mage, I would spam maybe around 400 with crimson and with Linen +9 it'd be alot higher. Let me know what you guys think

My gear is/Will be:

Elysium +8/Chaotic +8
    Paper +9 Set
    Iron Neck
    Iron Belt
    Imir +3
    Imir +3
    SSE +1
    SSE +1
    Dread Shield +7
    elysium +8 138 int req
    chaotic 112 int req

if you go paper, let me know what dmg you make on staff/blade,im interested in the build as well

I had chaotic +8 and dual imir+3s...

112 INT, rest MP

you will get tons of kills...and dont get the DS...its a waste...
    only people you need to worry about are geared warriors in ardream...otherwise, anyone else is an easy kill

definitely dont do crimson...

you should be staffing for about 400-420 +30

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

My gear is/Will be:

Elysium +8/Chaotic +8
    Paper +9 Set
    Iron Neck
    Iron Belt
    Imir +3
    Imir +3
    SSE +1
    SSE +1
    Dread Shield +7

no point in getting the paper armor +9 since ur int lets u get higher grade armor...

ummm im not sure how much damage ur gonna do but i think staff ap has a lot to with it...

so really ur only option would be to go for chaotic.. with imirs i think u would be blading around 400

Didn't you find yourself dying really easy though without a dread shield?
    Crimson seems like the most logical thing to do though. I think I still will get plenty of kills, but still be tank enough with an iron set and crimson +8.

Did you mean 400 Spam with crimson? or paper?

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

Didn't you find yourself dying really easy though without a dread shield?
    Crimson seems like the most logical thing to do though. I think I still will get plenty of kills, but still be tank enough with an iron set and crimson +8.

Did you mean 400 Spam with crimson? or paper?
    sorry i wasnt clear on the first post chaotic for me is the best balance of mp and ap.

with elysium u might as well go crimson +8 so it would.

the ds is honestly a waste of mp.... if u wanna wear a shield u would have to sacrifice ur high damage and that ur main goal right? to hit hard,,, if u wanna wear ds and not die alot i HIGHLY suggest paper +9 and ds and going ice...ur maint stats would be hp btw u would sacrifce all ur hard hits for high ass hp and high ass ac

crimson 8 is the best choice, hands down.

if you can get elysium or chaotic 8 even, you will still get plenty of kills along with imir 3's

dont forget mages are support too, so you shouldn't go paper

Quote Originally Posted by hwschris1 View Post
    crimson 8 is the best choice, hands down.

if you can get elysium or chaotic 8 even, you will still get plenty of kills along with imir 3's

dont forget mages are support too, so you shouldn't go paper

lol u can see that the support part of mage doesnt matter to him much...
    he focusing on high dmg

Quote Originally Posted by barakdaniel View Post
    lol u can see that the support part of mage doesnt matter to him much...
    he focusing on high dmg

yes but a mage cant survive running through parties and attacking freely like a rogue or warrior can, you cant excape a group of rogues attacking you unless you town or have a great priest...who will eventually be out of range if you run.

+3 bifrost rigns and a good staff provide ample damage no matter the build. go with crimson 8

El Shaddai Senior Member zecabr's Avatar

well, since u have gear, i'd go linen set+9, with chaotic8, 112 int, 191 mp, 51 str. with ac cospre, sced u would have like 830 ac, 27 dd and 20 to rest, i'd get pathos rogue atack, i doubt about the damage, but i believe it might be close to 500, since a clannie of mine has crimson build with garp8 and shios3, and he does 450+ on priests ( he has priest pathos atack, 143 mp ) and ull be unbeatable lol, i've been dcz mage at cw for a while and my gear isnt even close to that and i dont die that easy, but also if u want to be crismon build, ull still blade alot.

ive always loved linen build for ardream, really no need to go crimson with the items you gonna have you should be fine as long as you play smart, i agree with zecaa on the linens and chaotic easier to find and verrrry nice dmg

Quote Originally Posted by zecabr View Post
    a clannie of mine has crimson build with garp8 and shios3,
    zeca y u lie to me ingame telling me dannys sword is worth more than everyones gear in ur clan and that bison was the only geared 1

lBiCl

agree with zecabr and deceiver. Your gear is good, Linnen build will murder. and ur ac and attack defences will be plenty

What about Dread Shield? should i put 90 into str?

El Shaddai Senior Member zecabr's Avatar

What about Dread Shield? should i put 90 into str?
    na lol forget that gae ds, ull never wear it anyways, even when ur hiding tanking, ur chaotic still helps in handle coz of the dd, ds is a big waste of mp.

and @prodigy said that theres no insane meeles exept bison, and even shio3 and garp8 isnt as expensive as ms9 laf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast