Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kurian - how does the damage work with this class?

This is a discussion on Kurian - how does the damage work with this class? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; There is a Kurian in CZ that absolutely destroys me and I need to know why. His DOT damage is ...
Page: 1

K.S. King Senior Member Avariofvalequenta's Avatar

Question Kurian - how does the damage work with this class?

There is a Kurian in CZ that absolutely destroys me and I need to know why. His DOT damage is probably around 2k per second and I literally cannot outheal it, not even if I had 12 healing macros going at the same time.

My question is, how do I withstand such damage and what should I get as a defense against all of that dot damage a Kurian does?

Are there two types of Kurian that people skill? Cause I swear I've seen ones that melee attack and ones that act almost like a mage and dot the fack outta me.

Use cure disease to get rid of DOTs. There are more than two ways to skill a kurian. Melees use two-handed weapons like buju and wiri which is best used with Divide Armor, the lvl 80 master skill. For DOT use dual one handed like spear of murky waters and haguk.

kurian needs to be transformed to deal double dot damage if u break the transformation he can't kill you. transformation has 5 minutes could down and can be break with x damage ( i don't remeber how much). dot damage can be clear with cure. dot kurian need to get close to u and use 3 mele skills attacks that give a lot of dot damage. that far away atack gives few extra damage. those skills have a big cool down meaning if he uses all his skills in someone u can go and attack him cause he don't have cooldowns to kill 2 persons. but in 1vs1 u can't do much without cure.

Dot kurian has way more than 3 melee skills. And yes the "attack" skills have a long cooldown but the "devil" dot skills dont. Devil skills may do less damage but it can be stacked. A kurians major disadvantage is that third bar they have. They have 250 stamina that only lets them use 4-5 skills then have to wait for the stamina bar to regenerate. Your best chance in a 1v1 would be to focus on healing yourself until he puts all his DOT skills, then use Cure *Disease* (cure curse doesnt work on Dots) . After you cure dots attack until you break its transformation.

kurian uses a lot more then 3 skills i'm just saying there are 3 main skills that give the biggest damages . kurian is the best class for 1vs1 but the big cooldown on transformation means u have to wait a lot of times to be able to pk. there are also some fun builts besides dot damage.

K.S. King Senior Member Avariofvalequenta's Avatar

So it sounds like I need to be getting cure curse on my rogue if I want to stand a chance. Other wise, it's a slow and painful-inevitable death...

Quote Originally Posted by Avariofvalequenta View Post
    So it sounds like I need to be getting cure curse on my rogue if I want to stand a chance. Other wise, it's a slow and painful-inevitable death...
    yep ... but puting cure on the skill tree means u lose some other skills.

i just made a post on dcz kurian but would appreciate a link to any existing guides on skill description and game play.

i went to a private server and tested it by myself but damages aren't the same in private and oficial server but you get a good idea.

There are no guides, not in english anyway. I mained kurian for about a year pm me if u want

quick questions with maximizing damage:

server: Ares
    dual roc+3 or dual rof +1
    nebrios +9 & hangkuk +9 or dual hangkuk +9?

I'm currently doing about 450 damage with the smash skills

thanks

ROF & Dual hanguk +9 in my opinion. ROF has good defence and has Flame damage. Hanguks are great because of high poison damage & the STR it gives. I used Spear of Murky +9 & hanguk+9 did about 650 damage .Make sure ur putting 70 in "Devil" skill if you're going for max damage

thanks BeatMode773, I will try the dual hangkuk +9. Btw, the master skill 10 "thunderstorm" is useslless right? I don't think it works at all

It has a very small range of 5 meters. And it doesnt stun for too long. But it's not useless. I use it when attacking priests since they stand still. Get right next to them and try to cancel a heal

I know this is a super old topic, but what is the opinion on a dark knight axe for kurian? I noticed it needs mp requirement to use it. Say I were to get my hands on a dka 7, what would be the ideal build setup/skill setup in that situation?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    01-06-2023, 05:28 PM
  2. Hits: 1
    07-19-2022, 08:30 AM