Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Light, Ice, or Fire mage for DCZ? 200 gbs for gear. Help :)

This is a discussion on Light, Ice, or Fire mage for DCZ? 200 gbs for gear. Help :) within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Thinkin about going mage again. Having some trouble deciding which would be the best type of mage in ardream. I ...
Page: 1

Default Light, Ice, or Fire mage for DCZ? 200 gbs for gear. Help :)

Thinkin about going mage again. Having some trouble deciding which would be the best type of mage in ardream. I am wanting to spam as much as possible and as high of damage as possible and be more of a attack mage and play some support in the meantime.

Also Need to know where to put all of my stats.

I have around 200-220 GBS

Here's what I was thinking for Ice mage:
    Garp +8
    Shios +3
    Full crimson +8 set
    Iron Neck
    Iron Belt
    SSEs +1
    DD +7

Here's what I was thinking for Light mage:
    Elysium +8 or Chaotic +8
    Imirs +3
    Full Crimson +8 set
    Iron Neck
    Iron Belt
    SSEs +1
    DD +7

Here's what I was thinking for Fire mage:
    Hell Blood +8
    Flame Rings +2/3
    Full Crimson +8 set
    Iron Neck
    Iron Belt
    SSE's +1
    DD +7

Let me know what you think about what the best kind of mage is for DCZ. I've had a few mixed opinions and could use a bunch more. Thanks.

here is my take:

go fire or lightning

but I think it depends on how you plan to play, for instance

are you going to pk with a friend/debuffer most of the time? go fire

or are you just going to go random parties? (go light/support)

seems like in random parties, everybody expects you to be support no matter what
    someone dies? it's your faullt, you didnt tp them lol

you tp save that rougue who has a big head and thinks he's invincible, he'll start complaining all night about it

oh and miss a tp request because you're busy doing something else? expect more complaints lol

Yea this choice really depends on your personal preffernces, If it would be my choice i would go Light, Ice is usually supposed to be support and u said u would rather be "atacking mage". And Fire thats definately very cool char in ardream, but i think that fire mage HAS TO have really good and expensive items so he can be paper and rape everyone . Like Papers +9, ep +3, ib, sse´s +2, dual FR +3, Lycaon +8 probly , wep deffence set etc. That build will cost a way more that is your budget...

TnT
    Banned

I would go for lightning for the simple reason that the most new comers especially rogues in ardream has low resis.
    The major part of dcz r rogues anyway, so if u want to rape em all, go for light mage.
    Ice is curable and for fire < lightfeet but if u go for light they all will /stuck lol
    Last edited by TnT; 07-17-2010 at 10:48 AM.

IMO , Lighting is the best choice, though I haven't played in a long time , my setup would be like this .

CE+2's ( in Ardream SSE ain't the best choice IMO , since U only get like 9-10 hp per 1 hp point , but CE would boost Ur mana and Ur resistances alot for loss of about 40 hp and 15 def .
    Imirs ofc .
    Now , since I've always been mana/hp whore , I would go for EP+2/3 instead of IN , IB is good , since Ur staff attack uses only 100 mana , and with CE's and EP U would have more than enough . About staff ... I would choose Elysium over Chaotic any day , but that only depends on how good rogues are on server U play and how many of them . If U have alot of troubles , go with chaotic , otherwise Elysium all the way .

play your warrior that will do better then a mage ever could

if you going to go fire, then instead of crimson +8, try to get crystal +9, then restat so you can put the extra points into a little more mp. then get the hell blood and all the other goodies.

this is just personal experience. the +9 give you the extra hp, but also is the near equivilant of +8 crimson by about 10 def points. hell blood +8 is beast at that lvl also. lol

and instead of DD +7, get the Crystal Helm +6/25DD
    Last edited by Shadowmancer; 07-21-2010 at 08:43 AM.

i say gogo attacker ice:

ice hits hard, the rogues get slowed and cuz u got shios +3, ull probably do enuf damage to prevent them from towning when they are slowed, ice really helps ur party while ur still killing like a beast andd i prefer it over light in dcz cuz they all got rols now=> better light resist

_.-~=FackaBitch=~-._ Senior Member Gaudior's Avatar

fire is your way to go lol. with fr+3s, hell blood+8 you'll pwn much and do like 450-500dmgs on the decent rogues with the lvl42 skill.

looks like all are split

I'd say Light or fire

go fire because damage is highest, and people have low HP in dcz

TNM

You will do fine with either element, but fire would be the best pick. You should be one of the strongest players with such fire magegear: enough hp,def and a lot of damage. Second pick would be lightning because if you can get +3imirs the damagedifference doesn't differ much from ice and you'll be able to stun while dealing a big amount of damage.

MrHat

Oasis +9
    Linen set +9
    Iron Neck +
    Glass Belt +
    Shios +3
    SSE +

Stats:
    112 INT
    Rest in MP

Dont get a scorpion shield... its really useless in Ardream for a mage, and you would need the dd from oasis more then that little def from the SS (ss +0 doesnt give more hp then oasis)

You can also go fire and or lightning with this becus INT doesnt do anything about stun rate...

Bib Senior Member

You say you want to hit hard and play attack mage more than support. From what I've seen in arrdream being a rogue with 81 fire 81 cold and 108 light res, fire mages are the ones I have most difficulty simply because of how hard they hit, even random mages will pillar me for a good 500-700 damage which is substantial. Just to give you an idea of where I stand as a sin, I listed my resists already and my hp scrolled is 3600, relatively high for a sin. With hell blood 8, dual fr 2/3 preferably 3, sse or we +1/2, ib, ep 2/3, and a crimson 8 or crystal 8 set, you'll be able to tank rogues well enough with 25 or if you get dd 8, 27 dd and still do substantial blade and pillar damage on top of dots. But as hwschris1 said, being a mage in arrdream isn't as effective as a warrior imo because mages are always the first targets of a party.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast