Light Mage Questions

This is a discussion on Light Mage Questions within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Hi All, In the process of gearing up my light mage for CZ. I am currently using an Elixir +8 ...
Page: 1

Default Light Mage Questions

Hi All,

In the process of gearing up my light mage for CZ. I am currently using an Elixir +8 but have seen that the elysium is better. What should I use, an Elixir +8 or an Elysium +7?

Also, I am considering making the investment to unlock my lvl 72 skill because right now I am getting 0 stun rates with my lower level staff skill, so my question here is, will I notice a higher stun/damage rate using the lvl 72 skill instead of charged blade?

My stats right now are 160 int - 105 hp - 190 mp. I know that if I want to be a successful support mage then a shield is a must. What should I take the points out of to stat 90 in str?

My gear is as follows, let me know of improvements I need to look for.

Shell Helm + Chest +8
    Rest chitin +8
    GB+0
    Elixir+8
    SSE+0 ME+1
    EP+0
    IMIR +2 Rol +0

I will be looking to get an IN+0 next month, but anything else, just let me know what I will need.

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Bumpadumpalumpagump

This is going to be easy to get my 50 posts if no one answers my questions

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charleztroll View Post
    Hi All,

In the process of gearing up my light mage for CZ. I am currently using an Elixir +8 but have seen that the elysium is better. What should I use, an Elixir +8 or an Elysium +7?

Also, I am considering making the investment to unlock my lvl 72 skill because right now I am getting 0 stun rates with my lower level staff skill, so my question here is, will I notice a higher stun/damage rate using the lvl 72 skill instead of charged blade?

My stats right now are 160 int - 105 hp - 190 mp. I know that if I want to be a successful support mage then a shield is a must. What should I take the points out of to stat 90 in str?

Shell Helm + Chest +8
    Rest chitin +8
    GB+0
    Elixir+8
    SSE+0 ME+1
    EP+0
    IMIR +2 Rol +0

I will be looking to get an IN+0 next month, but anything else, just let me know what I will need.

alright so, ill try to answer your questions short and sweet.

Elysium 7 = elixir 8 in tersm of damage on your blade skill. so either is fine to use with no major difference, id go with whchever is cheaper and sav eup for an elysium 8

next, 72 blade skill is going to give you roughly 350~ damage more per blade than the 42 staff will with your +2 rings. so if youre blading for 400s now expect somewhere between 700-800 depending on the person youre attacking.

as far as support mage goes idk, i always go 160 int rest into mp on my mages no matter what element.

As far as dcz goes if it ever opens. +2 imir rings and elysium +8 is 370-400~ damage per blade skill on most rogues. ( you didnt ask but figured id answer anyways )

EDIT: get rid of that ROL, 1 imir +2 is the same damage as 2 old imir rings. youre wasting a valuable damage slot.

As you said, get a dread shield if you want to go support mage. I would take points from mp and put them in str in order to wear it. As support you might want chaotic staff+7 for that 5dd, if you want to stun people and stay alive anything that adds to your defense is a +.
    But with the chaos that is in CZ right now, I doubt you will ever put on staff and drop the shield or you are 1 hit CP+Spike for most rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearWinter View Post
    alright so, ill try to answer your questions short and sweet.

Elysium 7 = elixir 8 in tersm of damage on your blade skill. so either is fine to use with no major difference, id go with whchever is cheaper and sav eup for an elysium 8

next, 72 blade skill is going to give you roughly 350~ damage more per blade than the 42 staff will with your +2 rings. so if youre blading for 400s now expect somewhere between 700-800 depending on the person youre attacking.

as far as support mage goes idk, i always go 160 int rest into mp on my mages no matter what element.

As far as dcz goes if it ever opens. +2 imir rings and elysium +8 is 370-400~ damage per blade skill on most rogues. ( you didnt ask but figured id answer anyways )

EDIT: get rid of that ROL, 1 imir +2 is the same damage as 2 old imir rings. youre wasting a valuable damage slot.

Thanks very much for your help. Ill look to get another imir ring instead of the rol.

One last thing. When I upgrade to the 72 skill, will I notice a significant increase of stuns, I feel like I'm hardly ever stunning people with my 45.

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

Thanks very much for your help. Ill look to get another imir ring instead of the rol.

One last thing. When I upgrade to the 72 skill, will I notice a significant increase of stuns, I feel like I'm hardly ever stunning people with my 45.

im not sure, ive had a 70+ mage a few times, but i never spend enough time on it to really pay attention honestly.

skill 72 stuns more then lvl 45 , but there is a lot more things to add to the stun rate.

If you want to be support, and only support, then here is what I would recommend.

160 INT, enough MP for whichever staff you use, 90 STR and the rest into HP.

Ditch the imir and go for RoL. Imirs only add damage and contribute nothing more to stun rate than what a RoL does. Your goal is to be durable if you're support.

Personally I wouldn't recommend a staff with a high MP requirement because as a support if I had to choose HP over damage, I'd choose HP every time. Light erenion sucks so perhaps chaotic would suit your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Steez View Post
    If you want to be support, and only support, then here is what I would recommend.

160 INT, enough MP for whichever staff you use, 90 STR and the rest into HP.

Ditch the imir and go for RoL. Imirs only add damage and contribute nothing more to stun rate than what a RoL does. Your goal is to be durable if you're support.

Personally I wouldn't recommend a staff with a high MP requirement because as a support if I had to choose HP over damage, I'd choose HP every time. Light erenion sucks so perhaps chaotic would suit your needs.
    with my experience has lvl 80 light mage on usko. the more damage u deal the more stun u get.

stun rate.

with skill 72.

resistences enemy have > AP staff > mp u have on ur char(stats only) > elemental u have > dex and str

u can allways install a private server and try all builds to see the stun rates.

Hi All,

Shell Helm + Chest +8
    Rest chitin +8
    GB+0
    Elixir+8
    SSE+0 ME+1
    EP+0
    IMIR +2 Rol +0

If yer putting points into mp beyond staff requirements, then yer not support build mage

If you really want to be a support mage, you should only put the minimum amount of MP required, and the rest should go into HP. As a support mage you typically aren't looking to do more damage. Also sell the Imirs for RoL/RoMs.

It's nice to do damage, but you'll find that you're running around blinking/trying to escace people too much and you have no time to actually do damage. The only time you want to attack with a staff is when you're chasing, and that's only to stun so that your team can follow up.

Just my 2 cents.