Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

G1 BP still viable?

This is a discussion on G1 BP still viable? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Is it possible to pk properly as BP with paperarmor? Or is it inferior to the chitin build in every ...
Page: 1

idefix

Is it possible to pk properly as BP with paperarmor? Or is it inferior to the chitin build in every way? (At 80?)

And as a second question, I was wondering if it's even possible to level to 80 as a melee with grade1 armors, or do the mobs hit too hard?

Asking because I thought at first I'd go for an int priest, but BP seems so much more tempting to exp with as you've got more options while leveling (can do the same buff/heal, but can also attack), and as paperarmors are just so much cheaper than chit +8s, I could afford the proper uniques much easier if I'd decide to go paper mode.

(If yes, what uniques should I be going for with that build then PK-wise? And what kind of a statbuild would you suggest?)

And if it makes any difference, I don't have an unlimited budget, so I could only afford a MS+8/II+7/HB+6. And I'm still in my low-mid 60's but I'm mainly just trying to think longterm about what I should do at 70+, don't wanna be restatting back and forth.

Thanks to all replies.

Haveyouseenmybeartibbers? Senior Member JDizzle's Avatar

chitin bp> paper bp

its just better for overall exping and overall pking in my view

Yes, it's possible to both pk and exp as g1 BP. I suggest you go hp build though. With hp build you'll get decent ap, decent ac and high hp.

Go with 180-200 str, 78 int, rest hp. For weapon, get a HB +6/7(you need the mana).
    Accessories I know nothing about since I haven't played KO since last expansion

Banned

If you have top items and u are top player g1 bp is the best character to play.

If you have top uniques +2/3 use normal stats 255 str some int rest hp,and use str armour set so u will hit much more than any warrior around.

If u have +0 uniques you must pk aways with hp armour set and if you still think you can play like that take some str out of 255 and put on hp.

Now by build was lvl 80 bp set g1 +9 str, 2xwe +3 ,2x roc +3 ,iron set +0 hell breaker +8 i had like 3300 ap 6k hp amost 1k ac never lose 1x1 with it and killed like hell.

You have limited supply....but your forgetting the in between....FULL PLAT BUILD!!! haha, i kno u can do it at lvl 66 for sure...maybe 65.... but go 158ing (160 for +9fp puldron) Once you are 72+ and have hellis... you'll hit good damage no matter what....but if u want to stay alive with all the +9 items and crap in ur server... i'd go hp armor+8, str armor for solo exp and arena, ect...

Go enough STR for your weapon 202 for ms 188 for ii or 174 for hb+7 rest HP to stay alive.... haha, since u got HP armor u can go with some str uniques...aka dual DR is alright... Dual RoC is prefered....try to get lillime's cuz they are the best, and a wp/wp+1 and a belt with some weapon defences on it (skele/iron/glass prefered)

From what your saying, u don't have the most money to work with...But the fullplate+8 is probably about double paper+8 but not near as much as chitin+8.....so it gives u some more money for your unique accessories

NeronDomitius

with nice items, paper bp is really cool to play, as it is playable!

ehh.. its all-right
    and im saying 'all-right' assuming you have a paper set +9/19 strength

you hit really hard, but you also get hit hard

every turk and his mother knows to attack the bp first, so you get gangbanged ALOT
    being a chitin bp is nic beacuse you haev an option to switch to a tank priest

i used to be pro-paper, but that was before EVERYONE got level 80
    and before every rogue on the server could spike you for 1500+ no matter what your defence is using cp

ehh.. its all-right
    and im saying 'all-right' assuming you have a paper set +9/19 strength

you hit really hard, but you also get hit hard

every turk and his mother knows to attack the bp first, so you get gangbanged ALOT
    being a chitin bp is nic beacuse you haev an option to switch to a tank priest

i used to be pro-paper, but that was before EVERYONE got level 80
    and before every rogue on the server could spike you for 1500+ no matter what your defence is using cp[/b]
    yep... and this is why i say chitin > paper :P

also a bunch of other reasons if you REALLY want to listen i can post. but its a lot XD

yep... and this is why i say chitin > paper :P

also a bunch of other reasons if you REALLY want to listen i can post. but its a lot XD[/b]
    we had a thread awhile back i think me and u were arguing over which was better
    cant be fucked to look for it though

we had a thread awhile back i think me and u were arguing over which was better
    cant be fucked to look for it though[/b]
    XD

Well, i think paper hp build priest is better for exp (attack mode). With undy u can get easy 7-8k hp (dunno about chitin bp 5-6k?), ac 900-950. Ppl alvays need dufer/atacker for DS / boro, when i was on exp mode after log in BAM 6PMS "come exp". Soo, paper dufer hp build - good attack, good hp, decent ac,(also paper armors are cheap).
    Also as paper sometimes i tanked 3 dark stones w/o "press ok" so again yes it is playable / expable / pkpable / pwnable / even healable. If u wanna duff/attack=paper; heal and sometimes attack=int bp.

Ignore Me Senior Member

Paper+9 is cheap. But on Ares the paper wep def is 9 times the cost of FP wep def.

My real problem with paper is your shield weapon choice sucks. Impacts, Hanuks suck.

FP and Chitin can use Lycoan hammers and Smite Hammers, Leonars and most party v party PvP you will want choice of shield and choice of 1H weapon.

spyrskara

Yeah im chitin bp and i use 1h weapon about 60% time in pk

Well, i think paper hp build priest is better for exp (attack mode). With undy u can get easy 7-8k hp (dunno about chitin bp 5-6k?), ac 900-950. Ppl alvays need dufer/atacker for DS / boro, when i was on exp mode after log in BAM 6PMS "come exp". Soo, paper dufer hp build - good attack, good hp, decent ac,(also paper armors are cheap).
    Also as paper sometimes i tanked 3 dark stones w/o "press ok" so again yes it is playable / expable / pkpable / pwnable / even healable. If u wanna duff/attack=paper; heal and sometimes attack=int bp.[/b]
    yea for exp its good
    if you do like 188 str (for impact or iron impact) rest HP, u should have like 190+ in health at level 80 which gives u +90 ac
    combine that with an undy set and u have a crapload of health

In 1v1 situations, full duffs paper BP is the strongest class in game hands down

In party PK situations, INT would be better but the paper can do good if the people they PK with are good

In solo vs party, it depends on your items.

FP BP is a very good overall balance of bp imo, a FP bp has stats which are similar to that of a paper HP build BP.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast