Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CWest DCZ Mage (Karus)

This is a discussion on CWest DCZ Mage (Karus) within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; I played DCZ on Ares for a while with my LR mage that had 52 dd; UNSTOPPABLE. +9 dags tickled ...
Page: 1

Default CWest DCZ Mage (Karus)

I played DCZ on Ares for a while with my LR mage that had 52 dd; UNSTOPPABLE. +9 dags tickled me. Only issue I had was fighting full FR mage parties lol.

How well do you think I would do with this gear in DCZ?

Full crimson set+8/15 (DD Helmet+7/15)
    Iron set
    Dual Imir+2
    Chaotic+8
    Dual White-Silver Ear+2

I could go FR but i like stunning people..... and GR sucks imo.

You'll do fine with that gear presuming you can play mage decently; your resists might be a tad on the low side though.

Yes my resist would be a bit low... might have to adjust my uniques......

El Shaddai Senior Member zecabr's Avatar

ull do great, but ull have a hard time finding imirs+2 i guess, crimsons+8 aswell, even wse's are rare, i'd go for dual ce+2 so ur resists wouldnt be that low.

and ice mage doesnt really sucks lol.

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by zecabr View Post
    ull do great, but ull have a hard time finding imirs+2 i guess, crimsons+8 aswell, even wse's are rare, i'd go for dual ce+2 so ur resists wouldnt be that low.

and ice mage doesnt really sucks lol.
    -q

Well I'm not a very good support mage, and that's what i see when i see GR mages.... they're not very good up front. damage is the lowest of all elements, and i dont believe you can slow down the enemy with blade attack (however you can stun them with it).

ill worry about finding the gear once i sell this damn II.... 20gb offers isnt gonna cut it

TNM

Ehr actually ice hits about 10-15 harder with blade than lightning does in ardy with same grade rings etc.
    I don't really see the point of the question though. You should be able to do well on any server with that gear

SumYungHo Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by THUNDERGAWD View Post
    Well I'm not a very good support mage, and that's what i see when i see GR mages.... they're not very good up front. damage is the lowest of all elements, and i dont believe you can slow down the enemy with blade attack (however you can stun them with it).

ill worry about finding the gear once i sell this damn II.... 20gb offers isnt gonna cut it

the 4 best human mages in dcz r ice

iSmasher/Sparcooooooo/TommyLovesKimmie/HardStyl3

@ the dmg, i spam most orcs 450-500dmg with each staff hit... thats 3-4 hits per hp pots..

and u think ice dmg sux?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffriestim View Post

@ the dmg, i spam most orcs 450-500dmg with each staff hit... thats 3-4 hits per hp pots..

and u think ice dmg sux?
    Lol, yes

and u think ice dmg sux?
    You know you're gay when you list yourself as one of the best mages lulz.

Licky > Everyone with 5% of their gear.

There's no way you blade that high. And the AP pathos help only against sins. So every other class, you hit like every other mage.

El Shaddai Senior Member zecabr's Avatar

and u think ice dmg sux?
    lol who said those r the 4 best dcz mages at human side, sparco yea, smasher gg aswell, ur not that bad, but tommy ? he can only rush and blade lol.

@that dmg i hardly doubt u'd blade that high aswell, maybe on sins close to 450 but 500 in every class ?

and light ftw, if i was active on my magey i'd rape u all on my dual old imirz.

all those mages who u mentionated have dual shio+3 tho lol,
    not hard to be the "best" dcz mage with that gear.

Quote Originally Posted by THUNDERGAWD View Post

Fire >Ice>Light in terms of damage when comparing exact gear ofc. The reason you are thinking ice is the lowest is because back in the day an Ice Mage meant minimum mp and maximum hp. That is no longer the case. There are many max mp ice mages now.

Quote Originally Posted by sha21wn View Post
    Fire >Ice>Light in terms of damage when comparing exact gear ofc. The reason you are thinking ice is the lowest is because back in the day an Ice Mage meant minimum mp and maximum hp. That is no longer the case. There are many max mp ice mages now.
    ive never been max MP. never really needed to. put the extra stats into HP and seem to do just as well. if MP stats make that much of a diff, ill gladly do it

as for damage.... im still not convinced ice does that more damage. ill find out one way or another anyway. either way, my stuns are generally successful 40% of the time with old imirs on ares.

ę lęke to stun ęt stun ęt

"Full crimson set+8/15 (DD Helmet+7/15)
    Iron set
    Dual Imir+2
    Chaotic+8
    Dual White-Silver Ear+2"

This is a perfectly fine setup for lightning, except you don't want WSE's, i'd swap those for the highest CE you can get and a SSE or WE 1/2 depending on your budget and preferred resists. If you are set on being in the heat of battle and blading people to death then stick with lightning, but if you want to blade hard as well as support your party like a mage is supposed to do then go ice.

Personally I like lightning but it can get frustrating for someone who is inexperienced and does not have good priests to play support. I'd suggest trying ice.

I used to be ice, didnt enjoy it as much as lightning. My targets are priests, inturrupt their healing/duffing while at the same time having enough HP+DD to withstand sin assaults makes it a fun DCZ choice for me.

Any idea on how much CE+2/+3 are in CW?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast