lvl 80 Flame Mage Build CZ / EXP

This is a discussion on lvl 80 Flame Mage Build CZ / EXP within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Hey Guys, I just got a lvl 80 mage from a buddy of mine and was wondering what items to ...
Page: 1

Default lvl 80 Flame Mage Build CZ / EXP

Hey Guys, I just got a lvl 80 mage from a buddy of mine and was wondering what items to use / armors and how to stat, also wondering how to stats skill, I was planning on being primary Flame with secondary Ice, wonder how many points to put in each and how many in Masters. Im a nub to mages so I dont know where to start

Item List (Nub Shiet for now)
    dual old flame rings
    dual old sse's
    old ep
    old skelly
    WOE +7 or better

armor?? right now its stated 160 in int so does that mean Crimson? or Completes?

Please Help =D btw, im probably gonna change it and go 160 int and 255mp, is this the right route for heavy damage? any help would be appreciated thanks!

Krowaz +7 For armour
    80 in Fire 45 in ice, rest in masters
    255MP is high damage, depends on how good your gear is, if its someone noob items then go for something like 210 MP and put some points into HP.
    Get a cursed staff if you plan on only playing cz, if you have rlb or ardream buy the hell blood,

rings highest flame rings you can buy
    earrings sse / lkp / etc
    Iron / glass belt
    Iron neck or ep 3

omg Gil wth do you think you're doing?! LOL
    i laughed so bad when i read your name on thi topic. gonna play lil provert for a while?

LOL Alex, nah, my friend wanted to start playing again so he bought bulka's 80 mage, im gonna ask if we can add him to clan since he need a heavy hitting mage for pk and boss farming / CS, so I found him that mage, wanted to gear it up for him so that he can start playing and "enjoy" KO again, LOL

To Skyl: krowaz set right now is probably out of the picture since GBS is on the low side, flame rings are for sure, iron set / glass belt with IN is a maybe, old sse's we have for now, but the set up you recommended sounds like a prime build! just out of budget, any other ideas, probably got about 10 gbs to play with ATM, and the lvl 80 fire skills have a "?" mark still, do i have to do a quest to unlock them? and where can i find those quest, thanks for your Input Skyl!

Any other ideas guys?

just to give you a dimension (assuming you want to pk):

flame rings +2 : 45 gb
    imir+2: 27 gb
    shio tears +2: 18 gb

This is ares but I don`t think, planet c-west will be any cheaper. So, a light mage with same stats etc. will lose 1/4th of damage on blade or even less. For pvp rings really are where the magic begins. So if you really want to go flame.. umm.. dunno.

Either way you should start with krowaz +6, the difference to +7 is not that big. it`s meant to be anti-babashopper-armor, so +7 is nice but 3ac and 40 hp are not worth the difference of 6gb per part until your uniques are +1 or +2.

So Krowaz, then Scorch / Chaotic / Oasis-Staff and your old uniques will deliver a good start. If you stat for 180mp rest hp undy will give you more hp than 2.5k (at least it does for me but I roll with +2 parts).

Full damage mage will make you a two-hit to every average lvl80-sin. :-(

Hey Jesseblue, thanks for the input, so the consensus as of right now is KROWAS +6/7 set huh? any ideas on other staffs? i just got a WOE +7/1 reb for now (2gbs), i got my old sse's +0, my dual old flame rings, the budget is kinda tight right now so im going for completes +7 / 1 rev HP for now, and still trying to get old ep and old skelly, will those do for now?? and as far as MP, should i just stat for the weapon and rest hp? will that hit hard still??? or go full 255 MP, but as you said HP will be pretty low, so sins will own me for sure, any input guys is greatly appreciated. like I said before im new to whole mage deal, so any example setups you guys are using for lvl 80 + flame mages would be really helpfull!, once again thanks for everyones help!

Basically, if your not about to buy +2/3 uniques and shit, then stat more HP. If you have the money for them then go more MP.

My lvl 72 cardboard hits 550-650 in arena with WoE+7 and olds. 235 mp I reckon.

Completes +7 are fine to get a feel for it. Krowaz is not the only way to go, itīs just so good / and relatively cheap / compared to the others. I noticed I use spear-def20-gaunts, dd-helm (old server *cough*) and goblin pants (mage resists) a lot. If you stat for crystal-armors you can mix these with crystal+8-armors IF the sd/club-def parts are available. These will help more than 240hp per armor-part from completes (at lvl80).

And I would try 180 mp - the loss in damage is really linear. So if you blade for 700 at 255mp, you will lose ~1/3 and blade for 530-550 damage. Not cool, but you can slide and blade and blade and slide and blade for hours. With 255mp and 4.5k hp buffed you are just dead at that point.

The only real alternative to Scorch (or Oasis if you go Ice - > muuuuch cheaper) would be an elixir-staff (but need 160int then). WoE is an option for now but it prob was better back in the old days, when mp-stats on rings and armor counted for damage on other players.

Hey Jesseblue, so I decided to change up my set up, im going with a +9 hp crystal set, dual flame rings +1, dual SSE +1, iron belt, EP +2/3 and I took your advise and got a Schorching staff +7 (for now)

right now still old flames, old sse's, old ep, iron belt, crystal +8 hp set and schorching staff +7, stated 144 int, 210 MP, and rest hp, 105 i think, this build is working pretty good for me, still hits hard and able survive just a little bit longer

so what do you think when I get the +1's and crystal +9 set, should I keep it the way it is stated or go full 255 in MP?? also should i got Iron Neck or stay the route of EP +2/3???

any advise would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again all!!

may i ask u what those crystals +9 cost? their price is kinda essential for my advice and will u be having an ardream char?

To Boeren: ATM crystal +9 on beremus range from 5-9 gbs from what ive seen, I got one piece so far, the robe for 5 gbs in buying merchant =P

still trying to get the other 4 pieces in buying merchant 550 mil a piece, I still have Old EP, Old SSE's, OLD Flame Rings, got Iron belt and schorching staff +8, got 1 piece of +9 crystal, the other pieces +8 with the exception of the glove which are Crimson +8/5 rebirth, still working on it =P

so what advise you got bro, cuz im still new to this mage thing and im not gonna pk till i get all my shiet.... HOLLER!!

well its old news but if ur only playing cz, krowaz is the way to go! it might even be cheaper? dont know the prices on beramus

try to aim at these things next:
    ep+1
    flame rings+1
    iron neck
    flame rings+2
    lkp's+2
    cursed staff+7

i would skill like 80 fire,15 master, rest glacier
    and dont go 255 mp with ur current gear, i'd say go enough int for krowaz and like 220mp, the damage decrease is not that big but every hp u can get is important

if u definitely wnna go with the crystal build, thats fine too, the order of things to get stays the same

crystal +9 built with a hellblood rev +8 (136 ap) and maxed out mp actually was my favorite built I ever had when I still played ko...Was also the build i dealt the highest dmg with... (2K+ on sins with igzination) In your first post i saw u writing 160 int / 255 mp, i'm pretty sure that's not possible at lvl 80, think you can get like 247 max in mp when you got 160 in int or something.
    Anyways with all the new fancy stuff like krowaz armor and cursed staffs it's prolly not the hardest hitting built anymore.....

anyways.. if you go crystal build, assuming u will as you bought the robe +9 ... theres no need for 160 int, go 144 int. I always liked maxed out mp, but I had the items for it...

I see lot's of people saying, get an IN... I had ep +2 and IN, and 95% of the time i was using the EP...

Imo flame rings should be your priority for now and i wouldn't really bother getting an IN, ofcourse thats only my opinion.

Thanks for the input guys, I'm going to continue working on my crystal set, I have stated 144 int, 210 in MP and the rest hp for now. I will most definately working on the Flame rings +1/2.. just want to get people's opinions on earings though, my belt will stay iron belt, Im going to work on getting EP +2/3, my question regarding the earings, should I go for SSE's or go for LKPs????, any input about the earings would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Goathunter View Post
    Thanks for the input guys, I'm going to continue working on my crystal set, I have stated 144 int, 210 in MP and the rest hp for now. I will most definately working on the Flame rings +1/2.. just want to get people's opinions on earings though, my belt will stay iron belt, Im going to work on getting EP +2/3, my question regarding the earings, should I go for SSE's or go for LKPs????, any input about the earings would be greatly appreciated!
    depends on the cash you have...
    I always liked wse's cause they were cheap and somewwhat decent. In diez you could buy like a wse +2 for the price of 2 sse's +0. I'd go for wse / lkp combo... but if coins aint a problem sse/lkp is better, obviously.