Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Lvl 80 Mage help LR

This is a discussion on Lvl 80 Mage help LR within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; I don't know ... but in diez if you want to do some decent damage u'll need all the mp ...
Page: 2

I don't know ... but in diez if you want to do some decent damage u'll need all the mp you can get so I would go full mp ... = 247. Cause light already hits lower than fire and most of the rouges have rols/legionaire band which gives even more lr than fr.
    Maybe ask pipolito , he is half mp and half hp I think. Or bfd , bfd is full mp I think. And when BFD pk's he gets a lot more kills than pipo... but pipo is +- support too.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

it's true, most rouges wear ROLs so there is the LR resistance on it... so if you really can't go fire then at least go ice, cause i think the price of shios and imirs is about the same.... but either way, to do true damage, fire is the way to go.... so even if you get dual FRs +1, it would be better then going light build with dual imirs +2
    but ur choice really ... this is why i hate being a lighting mage

sins are not the only ones in cz... There is many Priests and Mages who r getting stunned pretty good

The problem with being a lightning mage is that the only chance you will have of winning vses if you can outdamage the opponent or stun them. Same goes for Ice mages unless you can outdamage them or keep them slowed you ain't got a cat in hells chance.

Ice or Light mages should be support only IMO, if you want to win lots of vs's go fire, as a warrior I make over 300 resists easy and have to admit in vses situation fire mages are the worst to fight because the level 80 mana drain seriously fucks me up

When i get lvl 80 my opinion might change however

The problem with being a lightning mage is that the only chance you will have of winning vses if you can outdamage the opponent or stun them. Same goes for Ice mages unless you can outdamage them or keep them slowed you ain't got a cat in hells chance.

Ice or Light mages should be support only IMO, if you want to win lots of vs's go fire, as a warrior I make over 300 resists easy and have to admit in vses situation fire mages are the worst to fight because the level 80 mana drain seriously fucks me up

When i get lvl 80 my opinion might change however [/b]
    that's why lvl 80 fire mages are unbeatable ... and it's true, ice and light should be only used in support IMO as well... accept I used light in Girakon as damage build, so 160 int and rest mp like 237 mp i think, but that's only cause it was towards the beginning of the server, like 6th month or something..... if you go damage build light or ice on any old servers, i can only imagine you doing like the lowest damage out of all 4 classes

I wouldn't say unbeatable but they're VERY strong. They can only be as good as the person playing them. I've had my arse raped by a fair share of lvl 80 fires, and raped a fair share back of lvl 80 fires. When I get 80 tho I'll have better items more ap and loads more mana so the roles might be reversed then.

My items on diez are pretty shit but I do good for what I have

I wouldn't say unbeatable but they're VERY strong. They can only be as good as the person playing them. I've had my arse raped by a fair share of lvl 80 fires, and raped a fair share back of lvl 80 fires. When I get 80 tho I'll have better items more ap and loads more mana so the roles might be reversed then.

My items on diez are pretty shit but I do good for what I have [/b]
    in my case unbeatable :P

and imho fll support mages suck ass... especially with shield...

what's the fun of being tp machine? ur pk looks like: nova run run run tp tp run run tp tp nova run run.... God Damn it ! It's soooo exciting h34r:

and 80lvl fire mage has no change with 80lvl warrior unless mage is pimped out and warrior is completely noob... warriors got MUCH more HP, spams more and got fckin stun shock. Even two vampric fires won't help u... U need to slow warrior, hit him with every pilar u have + some ignitions until he gets close, then start vs and u will win... no other option unless, as I said above, mage is fckin pimped and warrior is noob

what's the fun of being tp machine? ur pk looks like: nova run run run tp tp run run tp tp nova run run.... God Damn it ! It's soooo exciting h34r:

and 80lvl fire mage has no change with 80lvl warrior unless mage is pimped out and warrior is completely noob... warriors got MUCH more HP, spams more and got fckin stun shock. Even two vampric fires won't help u... U need to slow warrior, hit him with every pilar u have + some ignitions until he gets close, then start vs and u will win... no other option unless, as I said above, mage is fckin pimped and warrior is noob[/b]
    Depends which zone you pk in, my mage is Ice / Light and I do more of fighting than support. I mainly slow / stun targets and tp damage dealers in, it does the job and it's more fun than running lots and tping.

as for lvl 80 fire mage not affecting a warrior sorry but that's wrong. 2 vampiric fires would drain a complete mana pool for a warrior. The mana pool is a warriors life not his HP. The warriors only have the advantage until they have to start mana potting. That's when they'll start to get screwed up.

You can have a pimped mage against a shit warrior and the warrior can still win, you have to know how to play characters properly. Most mages in diez know how to play their characters which is what makes them strong.

It's not a fair argument to say mages are weak, paper mages without doubt, but int mages are NOT weak. INT fire mages are dealy .Anyone who remembers Tormentors would remember how strong Ikoria was

EDIT : Did start typing out a long arsed response but too tired tonight lol.

The mages extra mana means they can fuck up warriors more as it equates to 5-6 more hits.

2ND EDIT - Just a further argument, warrior has these skills HB *avg 700 dmg per hit*, blooding *100 dot* and shock stun *500 dmg plus 3 sec stun*

Let's see what mages have, fire armour (about 1300 dmg after reductions), fire thorn pillar and impact (all approx 800 dmg) vampiric fire (4000 mana drain), ignition (300 dmg + 200 dot), instant magic (instant spell cast), manes of fire (4-600 dmg) and fire staff (600 dmg+) and all skills use VERY little mana

You still sure mages don't have an advantage ?

2ND EDIT - Just a further argument, warrior has these skills HB *avg 700 dmg per hit*, blooding *100 dot* and shock stun *500 dmg plus 3 sec stun*

Let's see what mages have, fire armour (about 1300 dmg after reductions), fire thorn pillar and impact (all approx 800 dmg) vampiric fire (4000 mana drain), ignition (300 dmg + 200 dot), instant magic (instant spell cast), manes of fire (4-600 dmg) and fire staff (600 dmg+) and all skills use VERY little mana

You still sure mages don't have an advantage ?[/b]
    yes warrior spams 700-900 on me (with glass and def chitin)
    dunno about u, but im not using manes during vs
    vampric fire is 2x 3k mana drain and it's cooldown sucks (u won't use more than 2 during vs)
    ignition is 300dmg + about 40dot not 200
    and fire staff uses 300mana which goes down really fast (for me, with 6k mana...)

on my mage im using amor + 2x vampric fire + spam staff (mostly 600-700+) and I have to press souls b4 warriors have redball... my combo is pretty good (at KE I got 15hits between mana recovers)

for me it's much easier to kill lvl 80 sin than a warrior... maybe it's just about server...

and 80lvl fire mage has no change with 80lvl warrior unless mage is pimped out and warrior is completely noob... warriors got MUCH more HP, spams more and got fckin stun shock. Even two vampric fires won't help u... U need to slow warrior, hit him with every pilar u have + some ignitions until he gets close, then start vs and u will win... no other option unless, as I said above, mage is fckin pimped and warrior is noob[/b]
    trust me, lvl 80 fire mage > lvl 80 warrior IMO... as u said it's the people behind the characters

I was just saying mages skill lists. They have far more options available to them. Cooldown may suck on vampire fire but you only need two to drain and entire mana pool for a warrior.

As I say it depends on level and items, diez is infested with highly geared chars.

Back on topic - fire mage imo is the best class to go AND the hardest to kill in vses (from a warrior point of view).

I'd only play LR if you intend to play support. As the only characters you'll likely own will be nubs with wank LR

Back on topic - fire mage imo is the best class to go AND the hardest to kill in vses (from a warrior point of view).[/b]
    from warrior's point, yes it is... cuz ice mage isn't supposted to vs (no dmg and slow doesn't help) and light won't stun a warrior...

but for the others light is the worst... I have to use WOE when I fight a light mage (55lr)

and yes, mage can kill warrior, by slowing him and spamming with pilars, but in close battle, mage is weaker :C

//edit: I didn't mention known 'Casting Failed'

Thats why I love warriors, pretty much unstun / unslowable

trust me, lvl 80 fire mage > lvl 80 warrior IMO... as u said it's the people behind the characters[/b]
    Depends, if the mage dont slow me, I'll take him down. No matter how much tricks u pull out of ur dick.

I have access to lvl 81 war on Xig with 9.4k HP scrolled & 3.1k AP. You wont make up a bullshit story that you will take me down with a lvl 80 mage. No way lol.

I've played mage as well and I would most likely loose against a good warrior, unless I slowed him the fuk down and went slide.

Tank vs tank, no ice, I really doubt a lvl 80 mage could take down a lvl 80 warrior. Maybe once out of 5, but thats it. I'm pretty positive about that lol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast