Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

lvl 80 weapon choice

This is a discussion on lvl 80 weapon choice within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; I would recommend the Avedon +8. Now, if you can get a chaos weapon, definitely go with that....
Page: 2

outbackrebel

I would recommend the Avedon +8. Now, if you can get a chaos weapon, definitely go with that.

get.that.money

i would go avedon +8 or baal/wirinom +7

_.-~=FackaBitch=~-._ Senior Member Gaudior's Avatar

dude avedon+8 is just perfect u also can use it in ardream/rlb if u want, and it still gives nice hp/mp and a pretty nice ap, and its axe im an axe fan

Yuck your kidding me?! if your dual weild was a 2handed weapon it would be 178ap, 180 elemental, 13 str/11hp/22dex.....normal speed, 2.0 range, and you got a bombastic.....such an underrated effect, ever get hit by that? drops my defense by a ton (from say 1450 to 1150 , check on buffed clannie in arena). The avedon is slower, gots junk ass range, no cursed effect, 90 less elemental, and less mana and hp. Sure your going to have slightly more AP, but the raptor has taught us that high AP doesn't always equal better results in CZ. There is a huge stigma about dual weilds in this game. Maybe in the past they were effected more by ironsets and weapon def, people think it's effected double time. I've tested my nebrios+7/hanguk+8 vs. my baal+7 in cz, xp, arena, on bosses. The dual on average hits harder against everyone, even ironsets+personal shields. Not by much, mind you they have almost identical ap, and close elemental, the variation of each weapons own damage is greater than the variation between the two weapons side by side.

There is no excuse to exchange a dual weild for an avedon+8, i've got that offer a ton of times and turned it down, and my nebrios is only +7 undef. The only circumstance that would justify a move to avedon, is that under 70 id's can't used a cursed weapon. so if you have 3x warriors on your id, one 59, one 69, one 80+, you can share same weapon/uniques.

If your bad at the combo timing of a dual, which some are, or you need to transition weapons, 2 handed is smoother in cz. I like my baal slightly more in cz, because if a boss spawns and we don't have a priest i can switch between baal and scorpian scythe to heal myself very fast. If i use my dual, boss spawns, and no priest, hp drops, i have to unequip my hanguk, then equip my scorpian scythe, get hp, then click nebrios+7 then hanguk+8, it gets to be a mess with orcs swarming you and your trying to take dulian or one of the bigger bosses. The baal would be the best 2handed weapon for the price. Wirinom is nice, but overpriced because BP's love them too(much the same as HellBreaker).

EXP Extraordinaire Senior Member HeavensReject's Avatar

get a 2h giga 9 and call it a day

You don't take an Adream/RLB weapon to a CZ fight :P, they are 70+ for a reason, because they are the best damn weapons in the game, period. giga+9 isn't even in his price range, he is looking for something equal to, or close to the cost of his current weild. Keep it or go for Bombastic Baal+7, stay away from Sweet Kiss, junk ass effect, no idea why they cost so much.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    Yuck your kidding me?! if your dual weild was a 2handed weapon it would be 178ap, 180 elemental, 13 str/11hp/22dex.....normal speed, 2.0 range, and you got a bombastic.....such an underrated effect, ever get hit by that? drops my defense by a ton (from say 1450 to 1150 , check on buffed clannie in arena). The avedon is slower, gots junk ass range, no cursed effect, 90 less elemental, and less mana and hp. Sure your going to have slightly more AP, but the raptor has taught us that high AP doesn't always equal better results in CZ. There is a huge stigma about dual weilds in this game. Maybe in the past they were effected more by ironsets and weapon def, people think it's effected double time. I've tested my nebrios+7/hanguk+8 vs. my baal+7 in cz, xp, arena, on bosses. The dual on average hits harder against everyone, even ironsets+personal shields. Not by much, mind you they have almost identical ap, and close elemental, the variation of each weapons own damage is greater than the variation between the two weapons side by side.

There is no excuse to exchange a dual weild for an avedon+8, i've got that offer a ton of times and turned it down, and my nebrios is only +7 undef. The only circumstance that would justify a move to avedon, is that under 70 id's can't used a cursed weapon. so if you have 3x warriors on your id, one 59, one 69, one 80+, you can share same weapon/uniques.

If your bad at the combo timing of a dual, which some are, or you need to transition weapons, 2 handed is smoother in cz. I like my baal slightly more in cz, because if a boss spawns and we don't have a priest i can switch between baal and scorpian scythe to heal myself very fast. If i use my dual, boss spawns, and no priest, hp drops, i have to unequip my hanguk, then equip my scorpian scythe, get hp, then click nebrios+7 then hanguk+8, it gets to be a mess with orcs swarming you and your trying to take dulian or one of the bigger bosses. The baal would be the best 2handed weapon for the price. Wirinom is nice, but overpriced because BP's love them too(much the same as HellBreaker).
    well i think there are'nt that much different between avedon+8 and bombastic nebiros+7/hanguk+8 he can use what he likes more, the dmg is almost the same, the combo speed is almost the same, so it is not as serious as some guys think, and still he can use the avedon on his lower level chars if he has.

and about sweet kiss thing, when the ROFD patch and the new moradon patch and plat prem came out, the big lvling time have begun, and the most of the priests've become 75-80+ and like 70% of the cz parties have a buffer, so sweet kiss helps a lot against buffed priests, and especially when you raid an xp party. ofc its not as good as chaos thing, but still good, so thahts why it costs much

Ya but your paying for an effect that is good against a buffed priest sometimes, and horrible at other times, like in duals when your against a scrolled rogue, have them down to 1k hp, effect kicks off you hit them again, they pot or minor, bam effect wears off and they gain 2k from scroll, and now are at 3k, when you almost had them dead. So you shouldn't pay extra for an effect that actually hurts you more than it helps. bombastic and chaos are good because they can never hurt you in any circumstance, they have no drawbacks, and well undefeatable really just does nothing, maybe when you killing orcs by deva and they try to get tped out, even then they seem to still get tped.

sweet kiss doesnt effect on scrolls, it only makes hp buffs disappear

Quote Originally Posted by Gaudior View Post
    sweet kiss doesnt effect on scrolls, it only makes hp buffs disappear
    duh never tried myself but from what i have read it removes the hp scroll for few seconds too....

Quote Originally Posted by sheewa1 View Post
    duh never tried myself but from what i have read it removes the hp scroll for few seconds too....
    :O when i vsed with a friend and i had sweet kiss nebiros on, he told me it wasnt effect on his scrolls :O then probably he was wrong, but i dont think so.

Not sure about your friend, but from few i know who owned them, and got hit by them, temp removes scrolls, if they have less then 2k of their HP, then they are uneffected, when it wears off in a few seconds, they actually heal 2k hp. So if your low on hp and scrolled it takes nothing away, but heals you when it wears off. Which is why i say junk ass effect!

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    Not sure about your friend, but from few i know who owned them, and got hit by them, temp removes scrolls, if they have less then 2k of their HP, then they are uneffected, when it wears off in a few seconds, they actually heal 2k hp. So if your low on hp and scrolled it takes nothing away, but heals you when it wears off. Which is why i say junk ass effect!
    then probably i was wrong seems like i can learn new things every day, but nah it looks like sweet kiss does almost the same as "Reverse Life" skill(lvl27 priest duff)

im gonna keep my nebiros and hanguk sword. Because i do like the effect and it also looks pretty cool. And since the ap difference isnt that big i dont think it's worth selling.

I think your exaggerating the nebiros dual wield. I've tried a Nebiros +8 and a Impact +9. Was it good? No, not particularly. The difference in damage with the dual wield, was drastic. I would switch to my raptor +9, and hit 600-650 on priests. When i changed to Neb Imp, i would hit 400-450. I really didn't see what was so great about the dual wields.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast