lvl 81 mage (also pc on some things)

This is a discussion on lvl 81 mage (also pc on some things) within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Hi, well for starters im playin in C-Weast. Currently gearing up my lighting mage. I know mages are for support ...
Page: 1

Default lvl 81 mage (also pc on some things)

Hi, well for starters im playin in C-Weast. Currently gearing up my lighting mage. I know mages are for support but i want to do a little bit of support (put pole on some times and ofc do tps) and then do a lot of damage.
    atm this is what im looking at:
    dual LKPs +1 (+2 vis) - haven't bought yet
    Iron set - have
    dual Imirs +3 - have 1 +3 and a few other +0s/1s
    Aztec Gold Faun +7 - dont have yet, any1 know what one of these goes for??
    mage krowaz +7 set - dont have yet, does each piece go for 10 gbs??

now for stats im not sure cause i see some ppl say go for only enough mp for staff rest hp, i dont rly like this cause i wont be hitting for much. And then i see other ppl say go for 225 or 200 mp.
    this is what i put my stats in kok calculator:
    STR: 50
    HP: 50
    DEX: 70
    MP: 250
    INT: 162 (i have personal pole +7)

unbuffed stats:
    Health: 3369
    Mana: 6943
    AC: 685

FR: 115
    GR: 115
    LR: 179

Weapon def: 20 + masters (and armor def pieces)

Atm what im doing is buying my imirs then starting to work on other items. I know I can go higher on the LKPs but for now they will be +1s. My question for you guys is going 249 in mp too much? Also is there anything else i can do to improve my current build? and ofc the pc on those few items.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Znutz; 11-09-2010 at 05:28 PM.

El Shaddai Senior Member zecabr's Avatar

well im about to go but, basically,

aztec gold faun+7 at cw is like 65gbs, if ur going for dual imir3 along with it, u gotta have high mp to hit high as u just said, but not 250 i guess, more like 220-230 and some into hp, pole +7 is awesome, ull use it alot while ur being atacked by many/tanking, its like a shield which lets u blade.

krowaz mage set+7 is like 50gbs yea, but u can find cheaper i guess

about the earrings, lkp sucks till +3, so if ur able to afford dual +4 visual ( +3 ), i'd say go for dual old sse, which is alright,

anyways with those items/build, ull be able to rape in mage parties, and tank/rape/support in meele parties as well.

krowaz asks more int if im not wrong , and since you're going lighting you dont need 250 mp to hit hard, i'd say 210-220 would be enough to make a decent dmg , imir rings +3 would make ur dmg really ubber , so keep those extra points on hp or str to wear a shield. lkps ftw , i wouldnt use iron belt being mage , i'd take glass belt being mage or priest, 10 int its alot , its like 400-500 more mana (so that means you can do +1 hp pot while vsing/fighting/pking) 20 ac aint much difference tbh .

El Shaddai Senior Member zecabr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PendexO View Post
    krowaz asks more int if im not wrong , and since you're going lighting you dont need 250 mp to hit hard, i'd say 210-220 would be enough to make a decent dmg , imir rings +3 would make ur dmg really ubber , so keep those extra points on hp or str to wear a shield. lkps ftw , i wouldnt use iron belt being mage , i'd take glass belt being mage or priest, 10 int its alot , its like 400-500 more mana (so that means you can do +1 hp pot while vsing/fighting/pking) 20 ac aint much difference tbh .
    to wear krowaz u only need 160 int, same as mage complete, hes going 162 coz of the pole +7, and glassbelt isnt that good as a mage unless its +1, 20 ac is alot yea, and mana isnt ib>gb all the way. and about shield, u wont really need gabs build with those items, gonna be waste of points, u can tank alot wearing pole while stunning priets, and having blink ull save urself alot.

Health: 3369 is really low hp for cz min hp should be 4k and that's low .

thats unbuffed, and is it still too low?

my unbuffed rlb light mage has
    +9 crystal, dd25, ep+2, imir+2s, 300hp cospre, iron belt, and old sse's

and my base hp is almost 3k hp and 590 ac

try a ep2 or ep3 if possible and you should be fine...or maybe just try to bump your iron neck up a few steps..

i think hp depends mostly on who you play with...3300 base hp sounds kinda low...but if youre playing with good priests and can pot/combo well enough, you should be fine.

as far as improvements go... i would try to improve on the hps...

if youre focused on attacking/stunning/comboing the enemy mage/priest....then go 255 mp...

if youre focused on support (which i doubt you are), then go 200-220mp or so...and rest into hp