Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mage element

This is a discussion on Mage element within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; I have level 80 mage on cwest, i cant decide between Ice/Light. What are your opinions on both. Money no ...
Page: 1

I have level 80 mage on cwest, i cant decide between Ice/Light.

What are your opinions on both. Money no object so dont say if u have this much go this but if poor do these.

I like ice for dcz but i'd pick light anyway. Stun pwns, but the question is if ure more in supporting or attacking.

I like ice for dcz but i'd pick light anyway. Stun pwns, but the question is if ure more in supporting or attacking.[/b]
    Very good question, to be honest i think im pretty skilled at both, that is why i was alitle more looking at light, cos of Blink and the chance of a stun which obv stops priests healing and so on.

Yup ice is awesome cuz of 80 lvl skill which owns party with 1 priest but overall light is much better. You can actually pk solo pretty well. I would pick light and go with build like 200mp rest into hp i used that build and im pretty sure its one of best besides i think u've got some gg items

Yup ice is awesome cuz of 80 lvl skill which owns party with 1 priest but overall light is much better. You can actually pk solo pretty well. I would pick light and go with build like 200mp rest into hp i used that build and im pretty sure its one of best.[/b]
    I will be complete build i believe, for rent shells atm, i got personal staff 7 so i will be minimum 174mp, this is until i have a better staff whether it be light or ice, i know what u mean about the 80 ice skill fucking a party, but most parties in cwest, well good parties have at least 2 priests now.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

c-west isn't that packed, I would prefer fire over all.... but from those 2, id say light

c-west isn't that packed, I would prefer fire over all.... but from those 2, id say light[/b]
    But your gay thats why u go fire and most of the time cwest is packed now, alot have come back and the sides r matched, so pk is good

RE5PECTmf

From my personal opinion , I would chose light over ice ... u'll slow good enough with blizzard and single target skills ... when needed ofc . Light is more powerful in every aspect . I'll give u some clue ... on Ares I got mage with Imir+2/+1 , EP+2 , WSE+1 , CE+1, Glass +0 and Ely +8 . Crimson Helmet / Gloves / Boots and Pauldron +8 , Complete Goblin Pads , hp valkyries and Def pathos gloves . Fully Scrolled , I got like 5.6k Hp , 1k ac ish and 7.2k mana ... with 225 on mp , 1 on str and 21 on hp . I am blading ppl for 700+ on my screen easily , paper bp's even 800 and having in mind that Ares is server where ppl r maxed out with stats , on Cw with even weaker gear , but since u will babashop , even this is considerable , u will make crazy dmg + stun =)
    Btw , Completes +8 r not that worth to get , at least gloves / boots , since defense difference between crimson and complete on those 2 pieces is only 8 for both . U can get crimson and spare some money ^^ And ofc , DD is a must ... try to get +8 , if not , +7 is cool as well .
    HF and GL =)

I have been having a little fun with a lvl80 dmg ice one and I liked it a lot

160int
    220mp
    rest hp

I'm making this one at Ionia atm, well almost... had to add few points to hp now, cuz was dying too fast xD But I'll get 200mp+ later :P

as far, I'm lvl 69, blading lvl 80 warrior for 320 (only skill) with garp +7 and 1 shio +0 also my slowing rate is like 99% with ice comet and around 90% with other skills I'm wondering if MP affects slow too :P

in a light mage I love blinking - it's damn usefull skill, helping you to be goodly balanced between support and attacking mage. You can cancel priest's heal (love this also xD) and if u r in danger, you can always blink away :P

but it was hard for me to stun and slowing gave only good effects while using frostbite (with faun)

ILoveYouToo

I will be complete build i believe, for rent shells atm, i got personal staff 7 so i will be minimum 174mp, this is until i have a better staff whether it be light or ice, i know what u mean about the 80 ice skill fucking a party, but most parties in cwest, well good parties have at least 2 priests now.[/b]
    any 80 mage should have instant magic so you can take out two priests with your 80 skill.

Light is nice for stun and blink but thats it =/
    For support i would pick 80 ice over 80 light anyday because the 80 skill is unmatched for party pk. Blink is nice but it's only good for catching people trying to run away and escaping from danger. That alone wont win party vs party for you. Ice cripples a party because you can take out their priests and slow everyone so they can't run away. Their only choice is to town or get tped. Slow>blink because you don't have to chase anyone you can just outrun them.

If fire is an option for you then i would pick that instead of both. With a cursed staff and vampiric fire you will destroy int priests. Or if you want to support more you can go 71 str for a ss +7 and lobo/lycoan/HA or 91 str for a ds or gabs and still do pretty good damage because your still a fire mage.

But lighting is FUUUUUNNNNNNN

if your clan party can survive without a mage icing everything to save your/their ass, go light 150 %

otherwise, i would choose ice

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

I have been having a little fun with a lvl80 dmg ice one and I liked it a lot

160int
    220mp
    rest hp

I'm making this one at Ionia atm, well almost... had to add few points to hp now, cuz was dying too fast xD But I'll get 200mp+ later :P

as far, I'm lvl 69, blading lvl 80 warrior for 320 (only skill) with garp +7 and 1 shio +0 also my slowing rate is like 99% with ice comet and around 90% with other skills I'm wondering if MP affects slow too :P

in a light mage I love blinking - it's damn usefull skill, helping you to be goodly balanced between support and attacking mage. You can cancel priest's heal (love this also xD) and if u r in danger, you can always blink away :P

but it was hard for me to stun and slowing gave only good effects while using frostbite (with faun)[/b]
    That's the same thing I've been wondering, I was still surprised how I could have literally iced people with dual shios +1 and garp +8 on girakon with 1 skill staff or just 1 normal skill, even warrirors with like 300 GR.... and at that time I had around 240 I think it was, stated into MP. So not sure on this one, but I got a feeling MP might have a great effect on the slowing rate... but someone has to try this out I guess.

ps. shane ur letting me play ur mage from now on, gotta let me represent :P

between those 2 i would choose light

NeronDomitius

i'd go light since it's easier to solo if ur light and stun + blink is in my opinion a bit better then ice cube.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast