Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

IN or EP +2

This is a discussion on IN or EP +2 within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; I am a ice mage in ardream trying to figure out if i should buy a IN or EP +2...
Page: 1

Default IN or EP +2

I am a ice mage in ardream trying to figure out if i should buy a IN or EP +2

Lexus

iron necklance

Ep imo unless you have absolutely no weapon defences ...

The hp + ac you receive from an EP is way bigger than the damage reduction you'd get from the IN.

Sins in diez spiked me average of 400 in ardream, so with ib that is 360, with in 324... IN =36 dmg less.
    And an ep gives like 300-400 hp at +2?

Also depends on how you play, if you constantly tank 10 orcs at the same time, I'd consider the IN. If you tank like 2-3 max, i'd go with the EP.

I had both ep +2 (later +3) and IN ... I NEVER used the IN in dcz, and when I played on my 80 mage i used the EP 95% of the time...
    Last edited by simontjeuh; 04-19-2011 at 11:48 AM.

Banned Senior Member

Dont underestimate the EP

It would depend on the rest of your gear, defense, HP and LVL to make an educated guess....

I would say Iron Neck for DCZ and EP+2 for higher.

imo id pick EP only at +3 over IN cuz it have amazing hp bonus and for dcz ull need the 10 dd so in this case IN is the smarter choise at least ull use a dd7 24/7 then pick ep2 :P

Right now im running around with 30 DD

im assuming that dd7 helm, oasis staff 7, and some type of weap def belt. it rlly depends as stated what type of mage you play.. if you get in close alot to help out party (and have fun..) the IN might be the better choice as it gives some hp bonus and the 10 weapon defence will help out alot in the long run, especially for a mage.

if you stand far away and tp all dya long...then the ep2 might not be a bad idea.

as simon estimated you save about 36dmg from a 400 spike using IN. if you take that into % its about 10% dmg reduction to almost everyone. a rogue will hit you.. 400 spike + 250 thrust + 150 pierce within 4 seconds tops. including 50 dmg r hits thats about 950 dmg. so 10% of 950 is 95 dmg he will hit you less.

now..go to 20 seconds ahead of time after the rogue has used all his skills twice he will have dealt well over 3k dmg...and you will have saved 300+ hp. also not to mention...when you play mage its rarely 1 guy attacking you..its usually the entire party. i know when im ardream everyone goes for mage first..so if you got 3+ melee attacking you you can save 300+ hp just in the first few seconds.

hope that helps some..

ps. also ep2 can be useful if your hp is really low..cause i know when im on priest some mages get para;d and before cure can even cast they are dead cause their base hp is rlly low.

for sure ep2 in dcz...

the hp gain is wayyyy too high to ignore...

in cz, i think the IN saves you more since people are hitting way harder and the weapon selection is greater..

in dcz...there are only 59 levels and not much opportunity to gain that much more hp...

i always thought IN was the way to go till i tried an ep2 and eventually found the ib+ep2 to be the best combo

ep3s are nice but the price vs hp gain is insane...its just not worth it

oddzialowy

in is much better

it more depends on ur items and game style but for dcz i would take an ep+2 because of the high hp and other bonuses , in cz i would choose an IN

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MINO View Post
    Dont underestimate the EP

It would depend on the rest of your gear, defense, HP and LVL to make an educated guess....

I would say Iron Neck for DCZ and EP+2 for higher.

Lol, swap my words around. IN=CZ & EP=DCZ

El Shaddai Senior Member zecabr's Avatar

depends on ur wep def and style of playing, if ur a mage who plays mostly in mage parties then go for ep+2, if ur a mage who's mostly in meele parties being atacked by many, then u should go for IN, unless ur shield build like gabs, in that case i'd rather use EP+2, coz u lose some hp putting 91 str, thats about cz, if ur dcz i'd go for IN coz in dcz u should get as much dd as possible, crimson dd + iron set + chaotic/oasis/scorch.

xXShikakaXx

im going to say IN, is better for ardy since alot of since, (my opinion) id go ep2/3 if you were going 80, because u get more def as you get krowaz and such

Banned

Ep i just got a iron neck very disapointed it like reduces 20 dmg >.<

Saig0

In is better men you are suport

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast