Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Mage General PvP Guide

This is a discussion on Mage General PvP Guide within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; I always had question about mage. what effects dmg what staff is best, now that i know a little more ...
Page: 1

Default Mage General PvP Guide

I always had question about mage. what effects dmg what staff is best, now that i know a little more i would like to share my findings.

Flame: High dmg
    Lightning : Medium dmg : Stuns (low chance)
    Glacier : Low dmg : Slows (higher chance)

::FLAME::
    If the mage you are building is going to be Flame, your purpose in life is to do dmg. as much dmg as you can. Generaly speaking a flame mage will be a part of a mage party to "Nova Town" which is hard to do now in CZwith the tower dmg increase. in order to do the most damage you need a staff with the highest attack power and flame dmg and Flame rings (the highest you can afford).

~~~MAGIC POWER BONUS FROM ITEMS DOES NOT HELP DAMAGE IN PVP~~
    (only magic power from base stats will improve dmg in PvP)
    This is important because it determins the rest of your items and accesories. building MP items would be useless so use accesories (minus Flame Rings) to become more durable. Secret Silver Earings (SSE) are very nice, High hp and some ac are very usefull. LKP are nice for resistances. Iron set ( or iron Neck and glass belt) Armor (see below)

Flame: attack advantages: High dmg

::LIGHTNING::
    My personal favorite. Lightning mages can either be Support ( run around and teleport team from danger) or Damage. Lightning mage is not recomended for ardream because it requires you to have 160 int stat points. The lightning stun chance is based almost entirely on Inteligence. (with help from dexterity) (Base stat + bonus) the maximum stun chance (and slow for glacier) is at 160 Int. This is very important to know when you are gearing. When i run RLB mage i run crystal set and elysium.i skill just enought INT to wear crystal: crystal required Int is 144 and Elysium give over 20 Int bonus stat. totaling just over 160 giving the most stun chance. If you are going support mage, You want Rings of Life or Legional Bands instead of Imir Rings. (Imir rings only help the damage of your lightning attacks and the dex bonus helps the stun rate slightly.) In CZ i would skill 160 int to wear Krowaz and use cursed staff if attacking. If you are going support role skill 91 in Str for a gabs Adamant ( Blessing if you are poor like me) or Chiten shield ( req 51 str) if you are even more wealthy. Haloween cane is a 1 handed staff allowing you to staff attack while wearing shield still able to stun.
    Lightning: support advantages : Stun, Short range Blink (lvl 80 Skill)
    Attack advantages : Stun while damaging.

side note: lightning stun chance is reduced by apponents Lightning Resistance.
    as well as Glaciar slow for Glaciar resistance.

::GLACIAR::
    Very similiar to Lighting mages in alot of ways. maximum slow chance is based on int : 160 maximum. As for glaciar you are almost always support, as the dmg you are capable of is significantly less than fire or lightning, making Shio Tears almost completely useless to buy. The level 80 skill is great for keeping priests out of the fights for a little while. same support mage build at lightning.

Support advantage: Freezing Distance (lvl 80 skill)

::ACC OVERVIEW::

Earings::: almost always the same :SSE +(highest you can afford)
    or :LKP +(highest you can afford)
    or :Bronze Earing +(highest you can afford)
    Necklass::: Iron Neck
    Elemental Pendant (nice if trying to get a few more Int for your stun or slow chance

Belt::: Iron Belt
    Glass Belt (good for Int bonus if needed) {and cheaper xD}
    Skeleton belt for Defences if low on funds
    Rings::: Flame Rings, Imir Rings, Shio Tears, Ring of Life, Legionair Band.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Is paper mage worth it?
    if your intent is to do massive dmg, it can be. i would reccomend more defence personally, but there are plenty of paper mages that pull it off well.
    Since base MP stats do increase PvP damage it can be great. If you do, you would need great accesories to compensate for your lack of Defence. Like In Set, SSE +2's . Possibly some armor pieces with defences for Dagger or Spear depending on where you are pvping. I would recomend this only for flame Mage. Glaciar and lightning need their 160 Int.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

( i may add more later) if you have any question i will try to answer them. also i very well could have made some mistakes. if you spot any tell me so i dont mislead anybody. If this is usefull i will try to make pvp guides for all classes) Let me know if this helped xD
    Last edited by mrbeastpants; 07-20-2012 at 10:22 PM.

Little archer Senior Member

O_o Senior Member

Why you said you must put 160 int if you're lightning..? That's not true.. And you didn't mention the cardboard build which is gg if you got money.

But Ye the flow chart sums it all...

Quote Originally Posted by MyDestiny View Post
    Why you said you must put 160 int if you're lightning..? That's not true.. And you didn't mention the cardboard build which is gg if you got money.

But Ye the flow chart sums it all...

you do not have to have 160 int for lighning, but you need 160 int for the highest stunning chance. and i didnt include all builds just the bases to make your own descisions. i may later add all the different builds. but was kinda lazy.

Banned Senior Member

How is a PvP guide? it's a gear guide...

yea sorry its a PvP build guide

Anal Rapist Senior Member

I didn't bother reading, though I can only say 1 thing from what I've saw. Ice hits more then lighting ...period ! Int dosn't affect slow rate, Oh and shio tears aren't useless lol... like I said ice hits more than lighting .

Lighting wise now, and again Int dosn't affect lighting rate lol... dexterity either lmfao the fuck are you talking about ? Since when ardream users shouldn't be using paper armors ? ...

Like I said I didn't bother reading everthing, few shits caught my attention. Trash guide lol
    LambOfGod likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintKnight View Post
    I didn't bother reading, though I can only say 1 thing from what I've saw. Ice hits more then lighting ...period ! Int dosn't affect slow rate, Oh and shio tears aren't useless lol... like I said ice hits more than lighting .

Lighting wise now, and again Int dosn't affect lighting rate lol... dexterity either lmfao the fuck are you talking about ? Since when ardream users shouldn't be using paper armors ? ...

Like I said I didn't bother reading everthing, few shits caught my attention. Trash guide lol
    lightning is affected by int. 160 int is max bonus. dexterity also effects all classes slow and stun chance. warriors scream and leg cut ect.. if you want to do a test to prove me wrong sure skill paper lighting and do 160 int lightning and take a 500 hit test each one. i promise you will stun more with higher int. shio tears arnt useless thats just my opinion. since shio are soo much cheaper than fr or imir its easier to get some damage could be why people sometimes hit higher. but with even accesories across the board light will hit harder. i personally dont like ice as much and my guide may not have been impartial. beleive it or not im using research not just hearsay and guesses.

O_o Senior Member

Wut u guys talking about...? Ice & light hit the same

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyDestiny View Post
    Wut u guys talking about...? Ice & light hit the same
    i think light hits a bit higher

while light does hit a bit higher. ice is alot cheaper to build. shio tears +2 being in merchant +3's not far out, could make it easier to get some dmg out of glacier. but like i said even accesories. +3's to +3's light will hit harder

El Shaddai Senior Member zecabr's Avatar

this is gonna confuse people noob at mage instead of helping them lol
    SaintKnight likes this.

according to bola, he says that the stun rate is based on the int (stats) + ap of the staff ,atleast it was like that when sexyko started using usko client,and wtf? ice hits harder than lighting , if you havnt realized it yet its cus u hvnt played mage long enough.

My personal view point is that mp stats/accesories helps on stun rate dunno about slow rate(also the ap +int), i've tested so many builds , full support, full mp build, and a mixed build that i called half support, , being full mp i was a stun machine sort of 3/5 stunning , while being full support(120 mp only to wear chaotic and lighting erenion) i could barely stun , (1-2/5) i guess, as a half support (160 int 180 mp , 51 str rest hp) i did fine , my stun was okay , so to sum it up i think mp stats on weapons and on the character itself helps it , Now you might say WTF since when mp on jewelry helps to stun rate? , well IT even helps the fire elemental ,ask simon he used a lycaon staff+9 and he did more dmg than with a hell blood +8 and that doesnt have logic unless the mp on it helped more than the ap of the staff, it happened to me while i was wearing normal earrings such as SSE's ,Ce's ,We's on my mage while beign half support build, as i said before my stun rate was OKAY till i switched them into Lich king pride (ED earrings) those earrings give mp, hp + resistainces wich is pretty balanced for a mage, and ya i FELT that my stun rate increased a bit . but hey thats me,well thats just an hypothesis.
    AmbroseRookwood likes this.

yea, my intention was to help newcoming mages. im glad to get all this information, i would like to compile a full guide, but withought help from KO its hard to determine exactly what helps and what doesnt. ill be running tests and builds and hit charts for dmg stunning and slowing as i play mage from now on. hopefully i will get to make an accurate full guide on mage. thanks for you input and if you know anything more please post it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbeastpants View Post
    ::GLACIAR::
    Very similiar to Lighting mages in alot of ways. maximum slow chance is based on int : 160 maximum. As for glaciar you are almost always support, as the dmg you are capable of is significantly less than fire or lightning, making Shio Tears almost completely useless to buy. The level 80 skill is great for keeping priests out of the fights for a little while. same support mage build at lightning.

Support advantage: Freezing Distance (lvl 80 skill)
    You talking shit about ice mages, you should fight against me to understand what does it means....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast