Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Mage General PvP Guide

This is a discussion on Mage General PvP Guide within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; flame or light... glacier suck, unless u go support...
Page: 2

Video Designer/Programmer Senior Member LotusBomb's Avatar

flame or light... glacier suck, unless u go support

you should also mention how it is so much more expensive to gear a flame mage then it is to gear a light/ice mage. Also should mention the party modes and how ice/light mages are better in 8v8 moods. Ice can freeze others priests and light can stun their priests while your melees do the work. Flame sure does hit a lot harder but you most likely wont be pking by yourself anyway. Flame/light would be the best for vs mods but 62 shield and wariors ressist balls also recounter that so flame ends up being the best for vs and light/ice for normal party pk in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbeastpants View Post
    lightning is affected by int. 160 int is max bonus. dexterity also effects all classes slow and stun chance. warriors scream and leg cut ect.. if you want to do a test to prove me wrong sure skill paper lighting and do 160 int lightning and take a 500 hit test each one. i promise you will stun more with higher int. shio tears arnt useless thats just my opinion. since shio are soo much cheaper than fr or imir its easier to get some damage could be why people sometimes hit higher. but with even accesories across the board light will hit harder. i personally dont like ice as much and my guide may not have been impartial. beleive it or not im using research not just hearsay and guesses.

stuns are not affected by intelligence.....i think they used to be in firedrake but not any longer.

i played a chaotic mage in ardy and stunned the crap out of people with a staff attack + 2x imir+3s.

having very high imir+ helps a ton and the chaotic helped a ton too.

also, i played light mage a ton in dcz, made about 250k np playing it...which is so-so but ive played it enough to know that theyre pretty effective in dcz and you can pretty much pwn any assassin in +9s with full +3s, all because of stuns (and a good combo). only assassins that are almost impossible to kill are +10 guys but there arent many of them around.

ice mages as far as dcz is concerned, are pretty legit. they are pretty much the toughest guys for light mages to kill because if they know what theyre doing...theyll slide and staff attack you...and the slows are a biitch because light mages are all about tanking and stunning and comboing to get kills...

i think you definitely need to re-write this guide because its a bit misleading or at least play around with the different builds...i think most of the people trashing this guide seem to have a good amount of experience playing their classes and are just chiming in.

i think someone pointed out that fire mages (in cz) are best in mage parties and light + ice are actually way better to have in a cz party full of melee.

its a good start for a mage guide but needs a bit more research

lol, if i was talking about 1v1 we would have an entirely different guide. yes glaciar can do dmg. not as much as fire... all i was saying. in a pk party glaciar dmg is not as valuable as the lvl 80 skill stun. wich is not effected by your dmg. so majority of the time. if you are glaciar in todays pk you are support. there are exceptions and people pull it off. but in my opinion if u were gona stat for dmg, go fire.

and im speaking primarily of cz, i havent done much dcz. so that is all you guys. i used to have imirs. i now play support mage, so i run old rols. i notice no loss in stun chance just dmg. i have played mage for a while now, and my friends have been mages for 5+ and 8+ years. their info was what contributed to this not mine. i know a little and i know when i folowed their builds i excelled in where they said i would. attack power of staff helps stun rate also. so chaotic 7 (113 ap?) would add some stun chance also. plus you are only 50 points short of maxium. so yes you will stun often. just not AS often.

lol, if i was talking about 1v1 we would have an entirely different guide. yes glaciar can do dmg. not as much as fire... all i was saying. in a pk party glaciar dmg is not as valuable as the lvl 80 skill stun. wich is not effected by your dmg. so majority of the time. if you are glaciar in todays pk you are support. there are exceptions and people pull it off. but in my opinion if u were gona stat for dmg, go fire.

for cz pk, ice mage is probably the best single mage to have since they have lvl 80 ice and their blizzard, novas, impact etc...slow a lot...

light mages arent as good for cz since the stuns from staff attack arent as effective versus very geared priests...also its pretty hard to 1 v 1 sins as a light mage since they have CP and junk

and im speaking primarily of cz, i havent done much dcz. so that is all you guys. i used to have imirs. i now play support mage, so i run old rols. i notice no loss in stun chance just dmg. i have played mage for a while now, and my friends have been mages for 5+ and 8+ years. their info was what contributed to this not mine. i know a little and i know when i folowed their builds i excelled in where they said i would. attack power of staff helps stun rate also. so chaotic 7 (113 ap?) would add some stun chance also. plus you are only 50 points short of maxium. so yes you will stun often. just not AS often.
    yeah, stun used to be affected by intelligence...and i know people still reference that but they changed it after switching from firedrake...because the stuns were just retarded and out of hand...

just noticed noob pk for lvl 59, stuns are pretty sweet and light mages pwn, 69 stuns are so so, and 80+ cz the stuns dont work as well...also tested with an elixir +10 before and the stuns werent all that great for cz versus well geared characters. so priests and sins from top clans werent that stunnable.

yea, stuns dont work as well in cz because of high lr and crap. true dat. but for suppot mage i love it for blink and blind nova xD. i go 3 hours in pk and not die because of that double blink lol. glaciar 80 is hard to match tho too. maybe they did reduce int effects on stun or remove it entirely. maybe im just an old player who never quite got used to the changes. =P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12