Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mage item question

This is a discussion on Mage item question within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; K, current setup: Crystal DD Crystal Set+8 except Boots +7 CE+1 CE+0 WP+1 GB+0 NO RING Shio+0 CS+6 Lobo +3 ...
Page: 1

StoneColdAngel

K, current setup:

Crystal DD
    Crystal Set+8 except Boots +7
    CE+1
    CE+0
    WP+1
    GB+0
    NO RING
    Shio+0
    CS+6
    Lobo +3
    GE+7

I am mostly in tank mode aka CS and Lobo. What 2nd Ring should I get and should I stay with the Shio or not?
    Any other ideas to imporve my build are welcome too.

Regards,
    - Cookie

rol

Druide_Fr

K, current setup:

Crystal DD
    CE+1
    CE+0
    WP+1
    GB+0
    NO RING
    Shio+0
    CS+6
    Lobo +3
    GE+7

I am mostly in tank mode aka CS and Lobo. What 2nd Ring should I get and should I stay with the Shio or not?

Regards,
    - Cookie[/b]
    You don't give your level, your speciality or the server you play on, so I'll keep this general. You have a Shio, so I'm guessing you're ice. You have a crystal DD helmet, so that's one of the old server. That means high powered assassins and warriors. I'd go with a ROL, and eventually a combination Shio +1 / ROL, or maybe even Shio +2 / ROL +1. You have a glass belt, that's good.

Try working on getting the complete set of crystal +8, and then maybe once the trinas go down in price on upgrading a couple pieces to +9. In my limited experience, you need about 4-5 pieces of +8 to make a +9 if you use trinas, but each piece of +9 is worth it.

StoneColdAngel

Well I play on Ares, and I am lvl 59 soon aka DCZ. Ice / Light - 51/48

RE5PECTmf

IMO get ROL .

K, current setup:

Crystal DD
    CE+1
    CE+0
    WP+1
    GB+0
    NO RING
    Shio+0
    CS+6
    Lobo +3
    GE+7

Regards,
    - Cookie[/b]
    get a ROL for sure, objective of being a tank mage is to stay alive as long as possible to tp ur party back and forth. Rol's will give you like....30 more AC, and a couple more HP. The LR on it is also good. IMO, sell that other shio, and get dual ROL's.

Instead of a lobo hammer, get a lycoan hammer, the resistances are really awesome, and ya can carry more potions on it. But if you think that ur resistances are good enough or dont like a lycoan hammer, i'd say get a holy animor instead of lobo hammer the AC it gives is great and it also gives some HP too ^^ Instead of a wp +1, get ep +1, and use extra money to get ur missing +8 crystal boots, or use it for getting another rol, making ur ce +0 to +1, buying crystals +9 or w/e. WP +1 is great for bp's, warrior's and rogues, but for a tank mage, it really aint the best, since it doesnt give nearly as much HP as an EP +1.

Besides that, ya should be good to go. ^^

ROL.
    High AC and HP with a cs is awesome for tanking.

StoneColdAngel

get a ROL for sure, objective of being a tank mage is to stay alive as long as possible to tp ur party back and forth. Rol's will give you like....30 more AC, and a couple more HP. The LR on it is also good. IMO, sell that other shio, and get dual ROL's.

Instead of a lobo hammer, get a lycoan hammer, the resistances are really awesome, and ya can carry more potions on it. But if you think that ur resistances are good enough or dont like a lycoan hammer, i'd say get a holy animor instead of lobo hammer the AC it gives is great and it also gives some HP too ^^ Instead of a wp +1, get ep +1, and use extra money to get ur missing +8 crystal boots, or use it for getting another rol, making ur ce +0 to +1, buying crystals +9 or w/e. WP +1 is great for bp's, warrior's and rogues, but for a tank mage, it really aint the best, since it doesnt give nearly as much HP as an EP +1.

Besides that, ya should be good to go. ^^[/b]
    Well first of I got the lobo cuz it was for free and on ares they overprice lycaon hammers atm ^^ DUnno if I can carry a HA+6 with 71str skille deither, gotta check KODB. As for WP, i love it, its one of the best necks and its balanced. CE+0 to CE+1 is no big dif so its last I would do. And Crystal +8 boots i buy once I find those damn bastards on market >< And yeah I thought of dual ROL for i recogniced that I slow so awsomely often with a shio so dunno for sure atm ^^

Well first of I got the lobo cuz it was for free and on ares they overprice lycaon hammers atm ^^ DUnno if I can carry a HA+6 with 71str skille deither, gotta check KODB. As for WP, i love it, its one of the best necks and its balanced. CE+0 to CE+1 is no big dif so its last I would do. And Crystal +8 boots i buy once I find those damn bastards on market >< And yeah I thought of dual ROL for i recogniced that I slow so awsomely often with a shio so dunno for sure atm ^^[/b]
    well... some mages say shio affects slow rate.. while others dont. You should test it out with a friend, and if it doesnt increase slow rates by a considerable amount.. just go for rol :P

:/ just checked, HA requires 80+ str.. so i guess go with lobo :P

ApocolypsePiezo

Depends how much money you have
    Not sure why you want to wear crystal. If you are tanking and have the stat points you should just go for crimson8.
    replace the Ce+0 with a WE
    I&#39;d personally replace the WP+1 with a EP+1.
    Dual ROL or DUAL ROM
    LOBO+8 or +7, or Lycoan+5
    also a crystal weapon defense set would be handy, especially spear defense parts

Taeho

Personally i don&#39;t like &#39;hybrids&#39; to much, it&#39;s easier to go all out and adapt your pk style after the build when it&#39;s 100% tank or attack for total advantage of the bonuses comming form the build you choose.
    Reason for this is that i think you loose out on alot of things when going hybrid build.

I Would however get a lobo +7, ep+1 and dual Rol for AC/HP bonuses and i don&#39;t belive that you would slow less with dual rols. If you want then go for Shio+1/Rol+0.
    CE&#39;s could be replaced with WE&#39;s but that depends on how much cash you have to spare.

StoneColdAngel

Depends how much money you have
    Not sure why you want to wear crystal. If you are tanking and have the stat points you should just go for crimson8.
    replace the Ce+0 with a WE
    I&#39;d personally replace the WP+1 with a EP+1.
    Dual ROL or DUAL ROM
    LOBO+8 or +7, or Lycoan+5
    also a crystal weapon defense set would be handy, especially spear defense parts[/b]
    Well for one the Crystal Set is by far ceaper then Crimson and 2nd is that I would "waste another 16 statpoints in INT which lack in HP later on. As for EP+1, I just love WP&#39;s they are really nicely balanced. Quite nice HP/Mana/AC/Resi.
    Yeah dual ROL or ROM. Whats the pros and cons of both? Cuz I could ge dual ROM+1 fpr Dual ROL.
    Lobo+8: I am just fine with my +3 until prices drop. I wont pay 15 GB for a crappy few HP if a +3 costs like 350m.

Personally i don&#39;t like &#39;hybrids&#39; to much, it&#39;s easier to go all out and adapt your pk style after the build when it&#39;s 100% tank or attack for total advantage of the bonuses comming form the build you choose.
    Reason for this is that i think you loose out on alot of things when going hybrid build.

I Would however get a lobo +7, ep+1 and dual Rol for AC/HP bonuses and i don&#39;t belive that you would slow less with dual rols. If you want then go for Shio+1/Rol+0.
    CE&#39;s could be replaced with WE&#39;s but that depends on how much cash you have to spare.[/b]
    Don&#39;t get what you mean with hybrid build? But well its set up for tanking and the GE+7 just for switching when its not needed to tank. GE slows a bit more then no staff. I am totally no attacker. As for rings and pendant I stated my opinion above. And about the CE -> WE. CE are really good earrings and I don&#39;t really need the str of a WE. Besides that I can straight trade a WE for a CE+1.

So yeah questions are now:
    ROL or ROM? Pros and cons?
    Crystal+8 or Crimson+8? ... Remember I got atm 144 INT / 110 MP / 71 STR / Rest HP. Is it worth to sacrifice the HP for the AC of Crimsons?

ApocolypsePiezo

I used to wear a WP for a long time, loved the FR, but trust me an EP+1 is better than a WP+1 for a mage and every+ makes it even better.

If you can get a EP+2 go for it.

So yeah questions are now:
    ROL or ROM? Pros and cons?
    [/b]
    ROMs pro is that they are cheap. You dont need to worry about the mana as I&#39;m sure you already have tons.
    ROLs are versatile if you play other characters, they add 20ac, actually do add HP and health, and hold their value very well

ROL is better than an ROM+1

Crystal+8 or Crimson+8? ... Remember I got atm 144 INT / 110 MP / 71 STR / Rest HP. Is it worth to sacrifice the HP for the AC of Crimsons?[/b]
    Absolutely. You want to be a tank right? Then you need the AC. Thats 77 AC difference between the two.

one last note, personally I prefer a WE to a CE+1. The strenght helps you carry more pots and it does give you more health than the CE+1
    Either way a WE is better than the CE+0 you are wearing atm.

thinking on diez
    rom +1 is cheaper then a rol
    rom is glacier resist
    rol is moore ac/ hp and light resist

imo rol is better because when u are slowed u still can tp and cast blizzard when needed
    but when your stunned u are useless as a mage and thats a fact

so the moore lr the better

StoneColdAngel

I used to wear a WP for a long time, loved the FR, but trust me an EP+1 is better than a WP+1 for a mage and every+ makes it even better.

If you can get a EP+2 go for it.

ROMs pro is that they are cheap. You dont need to worry about the mana as I&#39;m sure you already have tons.
    ROLs are versatile if you play other characters, they add 20ac, actually do add HP and health, and hold their value very well

ROL is better than an ROM+1
    Absolutely. You want to be a tank right? Then you need the AC. Thats 77 AC difference between the two.
    one last note, personally I prefer a WE to a CE+1. The strenght helps you carry more pots and it does give you more health than the CE+1
    Either way a WE is better than the CE+0 you are wearing atm.[/b]
    WEll I will stay with WP for now and change the other things mentioned first, which means i get dual ROLs and Crimson+8&#39;s. And about the WE, its just too little HP improvement to justify the priceand the argument with str and carrying pots is just low. ^^ I can carry more then enough for1 h pk and not having to repot. Btw ... its usally 155 HP pots adn 50 Mana i carry ^^

thinking on diez
    rom +1 is cheaper then a rol
    rom is glacier resist
    rol is moore ac/ hp and light resist

imo rol is better because when u are slowed u still can tp and cast blizzard when needed
    but when your stunned u are useless as a mage and thats a fact

so the moore lr the better[/b]
    Yeah I ama fan of ROLs myself so thats what I will get.

So just gotta change this and see whats my HP/AC and I come back and ask for more tips if I seem to lack any stat ^^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast