(Mage) Returning to game, need help

This is a discussion on (Mage) Returning to game, need help within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Hey guys, I played about 8 years ago and returning on Steam. I got to level 52 in a day ...
Page: 1

Default (Mage) Returning to game, need help

Hey guys, I played about 8 years ago and returning on Steam. I got to level 52 in a day as a mage on Cypher. I have no idea what to build. Do people still go paper mage? I'm using quest items right now and have 160 Int with the rest in MP. Should I get HP items? How should I distribute my stats? I'm fire/ice right now because I figured it'd be the easiest to level up. Should I switch to light for PvP later or is fire/ice fine? Lastly, what gear should I strive for if people prefer the 160 Int mage build now? Thanks in advance!

You want to play DCZ or...?

playing paper. best built to exp. worst to pk. but fun.

I think I want to be a lightning mage when I hit level 72+. Should I just go for crimson/complete armor and a wreath? Or is an Elixir good? I don't even know anymore. Somebody taught me how genie works, so I don't really need help getting xp. I just want to know how most lightning mages build for wars and PvP.
    Last edited by Snakesses; 04-25-2016 at 11:06 PM.

So I tried Light mage at level 80 because I used to play it.

Turn back now, unless you have a really good party.

I have an Elysium +8, Imirs +2, Clerics +1, GlassBelt and IN and lvl 72 skill unlocked. It is easier to win the lottery than it is to stun people. My damage sucks and I die to rogues that have not even half of my gear.

That is my experience anyway.

Wow, thanks for the input. That sounds pretty terrible. What would you suggest then? I still haven't decided on whether I want to stay with fire or move to light. I just know the end game is all about PvP and want to be ready and know what to work towards as far as gear and how to distribute my stats. I just hit 60 and know the XP grind is gonna take a while, but I'm ready to get going.

Best thing you could probably do is go fire with crimson and find a mage clan. In mage parties you will do just fine, it's just playing as a light support mage with staff combo sucks. At least for me anyway.

That's fair. So I should go 160 int and the rest into MP? What gear should I go for?