Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mage Skill Bar Help

This is a discussion on Mage Skill Bar Help within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; For optimal pking in ardream...what should my skilll bar(s) look like for a Fire/ice mage? Thanks...
Page: 1

Default Mage Skill Bar Help

For optimal pking in ardream...what should my skilll bar(s) look like for a Fire/ice mage? Thanks

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

it doesnt matter wat we tell u cuz you need to find ur own skill bar u feel comfortable with.

some pointers though
    have tp on an easy reach button
    if u wanna blade alot i like to use number 3 its feels natural to my combo
    on ur main "attack bar" throw in an ice skil such as solid or frostbite
    right click u might wanna use hp pot.
    also if u like to keep in mind this "combo"

long range travelling skill like fire blast then right after that use fire pillar. most of the time both hits will hit relatively at the same times so its becomes a double hitter u might say

this works perfect for me as an ice mage.

if someone is tough to slow

i like to run these together

ice blast right after that frost bite right after that ice impact and then ice comet..

HP pots used from mouse will never go in as fast as keyboard clicked... I suggest you to do like me - put one HP pot near WSAD (got mine at 2) and another one at 8 - for visng (ofc if you plan to vs/tank a lot :P
    TP should also be near WSAD just like a soul pot (tp - 1, soul - 3 at mine), then a blade and normal skills

I guess what I meant to say is, what fire skills should be on my main bar?

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hwschris1 View Post
    I guess what I meant to say is, what fire skills should be on my main bar?
    strongest ones xD

my main skillbar:
    1-tp
    2-hp
    3-soul
    4-blade
    5-ice blast
    6-thorn
    7-frostbite
    8-hp pot

I always liked this for main bar when I playd ardream mage:

1-hp pot
    2-staffskill
    3-mp pot
    4-frostbite
    5-impact
    6-thorn
    7-pilar
    8- solid or ignition

this is ofc if u dont have skilld for 45 ice skill which u shouldnt as fire mage cuz ur range attack deal good dmg for ardream(great for ks or when person runs vs)

its all about comfort.

for my combo.... pinky spamming my HP's in a habit and part of tanking ability

1)hp
    2)blade
    3)ignition
    4)pillar
    5)thorn
    6)impact
    7)tp
    8)souls

i keep souls on right click....for vs's. Tp on right click for support mage

1)hp
    2)fireblade
    3)ice blade
    4)frostbite
    5)thorn
    6)blizzard
    7)inferno
    8)souls

1) hp
    2) blade
    3) ignition
    4) solid
    5) hellfire
    6) pillar
    7) impact
    8)tp

1)hp
    2)fire blade
    3)ice blade
    4) fire resist
    5) ice resist
    6) ??? another buff skill
    7) tp
    8) souls

those are a few bars I tend to use on any style of mage. At 60+ my aoe bar looks different. But those are how I use ElektronZ whenever I might dcz pk. I could minimize those more like not having souls on everyone and what not. But I play attacking/support mage. Im never standing around , I just like being able to have options on getting to certain skills faster.

but most importantly like these guys have said, get a bar thats comfortable to your style. Most bars contain the same skills, just different orders.

In my opinon my most important thing is putting HP's in slot one for pinky spamming while im comboing on some poor fool in battle. tankage.

thanks for all the great advice

if u want to be pro mage u gotta save others at perfect timing and also kill other people like nothing. Mainly using staff atck, be good at vsing.
    Skill bar , yea use what ur accustomed to TOWARDS THE STYLE U PLAY. You gotta be quick with it though
    Me, i have tp on 1 since thats the fastest button i react to on F1.
    I got a page for ice
    page for aoes
    page for versing with two hands on keybord
    page for scrolls

From Bankrupt to Blue Sky Senior Member Riley's Avatar

I have TP on all of my bars. So no matter what I'm doing all I have to do is hit 5 and I have a teleport. I also use two bars for my DOT/Range spells, and 2 bars for AOES..which I know you dont really have any in ardream. Dont cram up your skill bar. You have 8 bars for a reason. Use as many as possible. Once you get used to it, it will become second nature to hit f6, and 4, for example, to use discharge. That's much better and less stressful then having all of your skills on one bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    I have TP on all of my bars. So no matter what I'm doing all I have to do is hit 5 and I have a teleport. I also use two bars for my DOT/Range spells, and 2 bars for AOES..which I know you dont really have any in ardream. Dont cram up your skill bar. You have 8 bars for a reason. Use as many as possible. Once you get used to it, it will become second nature to hit f6, and 4, for example, to use discharge. That's much better and less stressful then having all of your skills on one bar.
    Lol why do u use discharge? go 42 lightning and the only lightning atck u should use beside staff is the resist and the 18 ksill static orb the one like ignition.U can spam and stun and also ks like hell. Disachge is strong, but too slow, its not even worth my time using it. and dcz u gotta be quick with it. Even faster than cz.

From Bankrupt to Blue Sky Senior Member Riley's Avatar

I don't play DCZ ^^. I'll normally throw a discharge because I've found it stuns more then the 18 skill, and has higher dmg, and therefore higher DOT. But generally when I'm chasing someone, or my party is chasing someone, I'll use Lightning Blast and then Thunder combo, which is usable in dcz, and very good at stunning.

I have multiple bars because I use multiple combo spells. ie: Bar 3 may have blast and thunder, but bar 4 may have ice blast and thunder blast. Just depending on the situation.

styx1590

yeah mages like rogues involve multiple bars for pk. I personally use tp as my right click, hp pots on 1 for easy spammage. My first skill bars has impact, blade, thorn, incineration. My second bar has ice blast, manes, frostbite, and pillar, then i have solid and ignition and my resist on the third, and my aoes with absolute power on my fourth

Quote Originally Posted by styx1590 View Post
    yeah mages like rogues involve multiple bars for pk. I personally use tp as my right click, hp pots on 1 for easy spammage. My first skill bars has impact, blade, thorn, incineration. My second bar has ice blast, manes, frostbite, and pillar, then i have solid and ignition and my resist on the third, and my aoes with absolute power on my fourth
    you shouldn't use as important skill as TP on double click - it will NEVER be as fast as keyboard clicked one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast