Teach me how to play as a support mage!

This is a discussion on Teach me how to play as a support mage! within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Please could anyone send me the link to a guide or make one ultimate guide yourself. I want a gameplay ...
Page: 1

Default Teach me how to play as a support mage!

Please could anyone send me the link to a guide or make one ultimate guide yourself.

I want a gameplay guide.

I'm playing on a private server. Just started on a lvl 72 paper support mage. We are mostly outnumbered in pk. We're like 5-6 against 2 parties.

Just tried mage for the first time in my life, so got no clue what to do other than, slow and tp friends out of trouble.

What makes a gr8 support mage?

depends a great support mage definitely got a gabs or CS, and then you can play as a ice/light support mage or light/ice support mage,
    if your a ice mage main thing is to cube people cubing their priests or there mages in different situations this will help and when you have 2 cubes by using instant magic(think thats the skill that lets you use the same skill twice with no cooldown) try cubing both there priests but cubes aren't 100%
    I think it'll be better if you went light mage cause you can use blink, when you have your pt vs another pt you can do some damage and stunning there priests but once you see a 2nd pt coming in you can blink away and tp your pt out of the fight
    thats all i can think of now hope this helps

from the only place where u'll be able to listen the true Minimal

People could say that's quite boring or not hard at all to play as a full support mage; u just need the right items.
    The reality is really different; playing as a real ful-support mage is fking hard; not really in terms of getting the right and needed items, but most of all in knowing what to do and when doing it.

A real great support mage is someone who understands on fly what's going on or what is going to happend. ( running away right before the storm comes, saving in time as many people as possible; keep moving around being ready to counterattack surprising your enemy ) . Someone who can judge situations on fly efficently....someone who needs to choose, someone who knows how the people in his pt use to play and which weakness they have.

Said this,u need right items. Gab shield is a must as well as krovaz set. Glass belt, Ep.
    I would use 2 set of jewels: when u "attack" mount kaul/atzec staff, shios/imirs, Glass belt and ep.

When u tank, use gab+ep+ a belt who gives highest hp and roms/rols
    Since u got a gab...what u need is to stay alive after a parasite and a possible gang...so what u need there is hp. ( at least that's my op.)
    ice/lr or lr/ice are both equally good. the setup u choose will influence slightly both your items and playing style. About me, i prefere to be a full ice.

What's next? use teamspeak , skype or something like that while pking....it does make a huge difference.
    Then...practise and train.

uh no, gabs build is a terrible build for mage. lose 40 pts out of hp to wear the shield? u get a cs and krowaz if u want to go int. support./ and u get an IN, and rols if ur int. support. i played a krowaz support mage for a while and could survive with a whole pt on me with that build. the main thing with support, is keeping ur priests alive. circle around ur pt and keep ur priests moving. thats the biggest part of support mage

Board Message

here's a pretty good guide

Thanks for your answers.

Since you guys won't mention items again, I'll remind you that I play on a private farming server. Knight Online 4 U Official KO Panel : Main Page

And I'm using like almost the best accessories you could have.

IN +2, IB +2( gonna get a GB +2), Dual LBs +2, dual Cleric earrings +2, CS +5, Lyacon hammer +8, and.. something called Gods pendant +1 a second necklace you can wear lol. :P

Wearing something called Paper knight armor +8 set. Gives 10 extra def and 1 more HP bonus on each part then the regular paper armor.

I got all the items needed. It's like running around with a little warrior that's able to tp. xD

I actually pked some with the clan and as usual against at least 2 parties at the time.

I noticed that timing is a big deal. When to decide if you have to run/tp/slow. And it's very important to make own decisions and it's a lot up to you as a support mage.

And running in circles is not really an option for me, cuz once I'll start doing that I get aimed and eventually get killed.

So im always trying to go through narrow paths and keeping my party infront of me all the time so I can slow and tp whenever I want to, without even getting attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by dugroka View Post
    uh no, gabs build is a terrible build for mage. lose 40 pts out of hp to wear the shield? u get a cs and krowaz if u want to go int. support./ and u get an IN, and rols if ur int. support. i played a krowaz support mage for a while and could survive with a whole pt on me with that build. the main thing with support, is keeping ur priests alive. circle around ur pt and keep ur priests moving. thats the biggest part of support mage
    If you go paper tank, you have can wear a shield (90-91 str) and have max hp (255).

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongfury View Post
    If you go paper tank, you have can wear a shield (90-91 str) and have max hp (255).
    and paper tank is a worthless build......

Why? :O

NOOO, ITS NOT! xD

Yeah, mage build like this sucks huge penis

Quote Originally Posted by Westside View Post
    Why? :O

NOOO, ITS NOT! xD
    It's probably too unorthodox for him.