Mages Staff Damage

This is a discussion on Mages Staff Damage within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Well im new to mage so I dont know much about how to stat a mage or anything like that, ...
Page: 1

Default Mages Staff Damage

Well im new to mage so I dont know much about how to stat a mage or anything like that, I just roughly know how to pk and I know the ap of the staff contributes most of the damage to the staff attack.

So my question is, does the amount of base MP points contribute to how much you hit the staff attack, or only on the other mage skills? And what does, if anything, help you hit harder with the staff attack.

MP helps both your magic attacks as well as your blading.
    But as you said the higher the ap on the staff the higher you will blade.

TNM

Greatone is right. Also (rings with) elemental damage will improve your staffattackdamage

@Greatone

Does having high MP make you hit alot harder with your staff ( like it does with magic attacks ) or does it only increase it by a small amount?

Depends on how many points you have into MP. Lets say you got like full mp, compared to like 200 points into mp you should notice a big difference, but if its like a differnce of like 5 mp points than thers a small increase in damage maybe like 10-20 more blade damage.

Alright thanks alot man.

SaNTa

yes but idk what is better elysium or chaotic .... in CZ

Personally i like the chaotic just because it gives you some dd and some decent hp bonus.

yourbestis myworst

chaotic for the hp and dd even if its not alot every little helps, elysium if u wana hit harder init

I did a restat 255-->200 MP and the difference with blading is about 100 points. Ely+8, dual ir+3.

yourbestis myworst

did you put the rest in hp to be a little bit more tank,
    btw nice items wt server you on?

from the only place where u'll be able to listen the true Minimal

a clan m8 restatted few days ago and called me to help him in few tests for checking the dmgs.
    We started the tests when he got just enough mp points needed for using his garp+8 (if i remember right he said to have still 80+ stat points to use).
    The tests were done with him being totally naked (neither jewels nor armor on - so..no shios on) and checking mainly the 72 staff attack dmg (mixed with few randoms comet, impact, frostnova, prismatic and icestorm skills)
    The tests were done on warrior lvl 72 (with shield on).
    At the end of tests he said that about each 30mp stat points increased the dmg done with 72lvl staff attack by about +50dmg. ( i remember clearly that he said the same words written by ThedeathgIsComing while he switched from 200 to 255: " +100dmg ")
    About the other skills, i didn't remember the dmgs but i just remember they did a lot more dmg each time he added 25 mp points. (with much more dmg i mean..much more than 50dmg)
    It was something like almost 1.5x damage more or less.

These datas are refearred to an ice mage lvl 75. Dunno if for flame the gain is more or the same.

My built is semi support. Krowaz Set+7, ely+8, dual ir+3. Stats: 200 MP, 91 Str for gab and rest in hp. I have a lot of ac and decent hp (With war ac pot i have about 1600 ac). Resists are not bad. About 100+. So i can save my party member when its needed and i can use staff/skills still hurt them hard. Thats my built. Ofc Iron Set is a must.