Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mana Shield or Thundercloud?

This is a discussion on Mana Shield or Thundercloud? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; ima hit tonight with my mage lv 73 and atm my skills are 72 ice, 10 master, 44 light. like ...
Page: 1

ima hit tonight with my mage lv 73 and atm my skills are 72 ice, 10 master, 44 light.
    like i said several times, this is my first time playing an ice mage
    so i dont know which skill would me more helpful go for 12 master or 45 light? actually with 2 novas and 1 blizard i dont think i need cloudbreak, but thats my opinion :P

btw: im a support hp mage, 5.5k hp with undy 850ac and staffing warriors for 400-450 ;p

if u've got money for reskill then go ahead with thundercloud, if not, then go with mana shield

it's fukin lame skill, but I don't wanna waste 70m reskilling :P

why didn't you have 12 into master the whole time you were 72? having only 44 in any of the 3 skill trees is useless isn't it?

why didn't you have 12 into master the whole time you were 72? having only 44 in any of the 3 skill trees is useless isn't it?[/b]
    im not that rich to be reskilling over and over :x, so i was with 44 on light waiting for lv 73 then get 45, but now i realize that thunder cloud is kind of useless for me.

So im thinking of reskill right now to only 42 light so i can have at 75 frozen shield and magic instantly

Get insanity magic dude, 3 novas ftw

ILoveYouToo

Mana shield is completely useless. It does what it's supposed to do but using that much mana each time you get hit drains it way too fast for it to be effective. The only way i could see it being useful is if your a support mage and you don't plan on attacking much at all.

I found it usefull only when I had to town in invasion while there were 20orcs +

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Mana shield is completely useless. It does what it's supposed to do but using that much mana each time you get hit drains it way too fast for it to be effective. The only way i could see it being useful is if your a support mage and you don't plan on attacking much at all.[/b]

L2p

I found it usefull only when I had to town in invasion while there were 20orcs +[/b]

Getting closer.

ILoveYouToo

L2p[/b]
    In the time it takes for you to cast mana shield and town you could've gated already. If you do cast mana shield you won't have any mana to gate if your getting hit by 20+ orcs so your only choice is to town...if you can get over 1/2 hp. Good luck, i pick option 1. I think you're the one that should be taking lessons.

thundercloud for exping
    73 thundercloud then lvl to 75 and get ice armor
    then get instant magic

I ment 20 orcs waiting in town near teleport and I was towning between them, then running behind one of the houses and tping whjole party :P

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

im 80 ice mage and never use 45 kight skill cuz i can send 2 lvl 33 ice hits and hit double damage.

light 45 skill skill 300-400 damage
    lvl 33 ice skill 1k damage

i only use 45 ligt skill forpk

i always use mana shield

it has saved me soo many times!

if u got good healer its irreplaceable its like having and another matchless

i used it alot while exping on ews

but right now i mostly use it against mages parties..

its the only magic def outt there

thanks guys got my ideas pretty clear now

RE5PECTmf

Best option for support mage is to get instant magic and ice armor on 75 , up till then , stick with Mana shield ... ppl who say its useless obviously haven't pked enough .. that skill can be awesome if its used right ... and there r many situations when u need it ... nova town for instance ... u'll have better chance to survive if ur priests r not good enough , maze in bifrost ... even bridge in bifrost lol , useful for FT when VR spawns ... there r many situations when u can cast it and cover ur ass while u get heals ... and thundercloud is pretty much useless for a ice mage , since with staff that has low ap ( GE ) , and glacier elemental on it ... u wont stun almost at all in pk .. and for xp .. well like some1 said before .. u can cast 2 x 33 skill and double dmg for that time , and tbh , 1-2 mobs from group of 5 if u lure fast with thundercloud for instance will get back ... so that skill is trash for ice mage IMO . On new server like Ionia is , u need every dmg reduce u can get , so stick with Mana Shield and u won't have much things to worry about .

Best option for support mage is to get instant magic and ice armor on 75 , up till then , stick with Mana shield ... ppl who say its useless obviously haven't pked enough .. that skill can be awesome if its used right ... and there r many situations when u need it ... nova town for instance ... u'll have better chance to survive if ur priests r not good enough , maze in bifrost ... even bridge in bifrost lol , useful for FT when VR spawns ... there r many situations when u can cast it and cover ur ass while u get heals ... and thundercloud is pretty much useless for a ice mage , since with staff that has low ap ( GE ) , and glacier elemental on it ... u wont stun almost at all in pk .. and for xp .. well like some1 said before .. u can cast 2 x 33 skill and double dmg for that time , and tbh , 1-2 mobs from group of 5 if u lure fast with thundercloud for instance will get back ... so that skill is trash for ice mage IMO . On new server like Ionia is , u need every dmg reduce u can get , so stick with Mana Shield and u won't have much things to worry about .[/b]

mana shield sucks kinda but in pk it can save your life espeically if your support, i played support most of the time and mana shield would save my life but then i would get fuked with no mana lol.

so id say if your support get mana shield if not just go with thundercloud another aoe always useful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast