Mage advice plz

This is a discussion on Mage advice plz within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; well im lvl 72 atm and i use elix+1 reverse ..i dont have mutch money so i was thinking to ...
Page: 1

xkarmax

well im lvl 72 atm and i use elix+1 reverse ..i dont have mutch money so i was thinking to get crimson set +8 and some better weapone..im more like suport mage i dont pk alone maybe i shoud even go ice o.0? coz i dont seem to do mutch in cz as i am right now even as suport mage cos i die quikly..so plz some advice...but remember i dont have mutch money

items>

2x rom+0(they seem useless)
    quest belt, kekury belt
    CE+0
    +9hp earing
    cristal necklase

armor>

compleat set+7 only helmet is +8crimson

Ty for replies

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

your armor is pretty good, ur jewlery sucks, and well it would be helpful to say which server you play on, but im guessing one of the old ones

so since you like support, go ice, since you won't be doing much damage as int fire with those accesories

xkarmax

im playing on ares so yea items seem useless but what about roms+1? or even those useless? coz everyone here r like babas who point finger on me and im dead lol
    and weapone... cant afford realy good one atm coz i wanna fix accsessories first and maybe get crimson set+8

im playing on ares so yea items seem useless but what about roms+1? or even those useless? coz everyone here r like babas who point finger on me and im dead lol
    and weapone... cant afford realy good one atm coz i wanna fix accsessories first and maybe get crimson set+8[/b]
    rom's are pointless for a mage unless you use them to level

rom's are pointless for a mage unless you use them to level[/b]
    well roms arent the best, but neither are they useless.

ROMS are good rings if you cant afford ROLS. It gives some good AC, and a lil bit of HP so its not that bad, i wouldnt worry about getting +1 ROM until you got all ur armors, other accesories and staff :P so just stick to +0s atm

well roms arent the best, but neither are they useless.

ROMS are good rings if you cant afford ROLS. It gives some good AC, and a lil bit of HP so its not that bad, i wouldnt worry about getting +1 ROM until you got all ur armors, other accesories and staff :P so just stick to +0s atm[/b]
    you have to take a short brief statement and expand it into an essay on every topic don't u?

work on a dd helmet first
    sell the crimson+8 helmet its the most useless piece off armor to have imo
    dd15 crimson > crimson+8 for me in pk
    and for the ppl saying roms suck with a low budget there good

i would advice to change the necklace to something like a elemental pendant
    then get a cleric earing ore a sse

if u gonna be ice
    go 160 int enough mp to wear staff all others hp this will increase your health and ac with time
    get a glacier erenion+7 it has a good slowrate and around 200hp bonus

but at your lvl i would advice just lvl and try to improve gear dont pk so much especialy on ares

my 2 cents

ILIKEPIE

you have to take a short brief statement and expand it into an essay on every topic don't u?[/b]
    All of his posts are extremely helpful, so why not explain himself more?

Like lev0 said, work at getting a dd helmet first, then maybe a defense belt. Or if you're good at switching armors alot, spr/club/etc defense armors would be a pretty good investment. But seeing as how you have to go against everything on ares, I would focus on gettin you hp as high as possible, and worry the least about attacking. A ge or oasis +7 would be best thing to shoot for.

xkarmax

i guess i forgot to mention that i have helmet dd15 and helmet 15hp both
    now i went ice and got one shio tear still working on arnor and wepone.
    i m going for more that wepone atm what slows alot but from far not so mutch with staff skill coz from close i woud die

oasis+7 is a allround staff
    hp
    dd
    ap
    and elemental

so i would advice this staff for u

you have to take a short brief statement and expand it into an essay on every topic don't u?[/b]
    hmm im sure someone asking for ADVICE or asking QUESTIONS would rather have a more detailed response/answer than a very brief statement.

He thinks that ROM's are useless, and i think otherwise. Without giving details of why i think otherwise, he might not agree, but if i gave him reasons why i think ROM's arent that bad, then maybe he would start agreeing with me.

And why are you complaining about me giving too much information here? you arent the person asking for the advice, so unless im answering your question, u shuld stfu about too long responses.

>=]

BigApple

Maintenance night so browsing forums and replying to old post :P Also I think the OP's question deserves other opinions...

Your accessories aren't helping you much in pk (crystal necklace not helping much and +9hp earring not helping at all in pk). Get an Elemental Pendant, and an Agate or Secret Silver Earring, and a better defense belt of some kind like a glass belt). That will definitely help you live a bit longer.

In general, support mage is less expensive build to make (price Imir/Shio compared to Flame Rings, which are really best rings for fire mage, besides ROF), so go go light/ice. That way you can hold your own in cz as int stunner/freezer and really support a party while they kill what you have stunned or slowed. Nothin hurts more than having a light mage stun blade you to death 4-500 hp at a time, as you can do nothing but spin around while you hope you get a tp to save you.

rom's are pointless for a mage unless you use them to level[/b]
    ROMs are far from useless and, imho, better for a mage than ROL. In fact ROMs +2 and up are pretty darn good for mage.

ROM has ac, health & mp bonus, and glacier resistance which is perfect for mage. This makes it good for pk and xp.
    ROL may have a bit more hp and ac, but it's not gonna make that much difference (and Dex bonus for mage is useless so why pay for a bonus you'll never use). For pk i'd take the GR of the ROM over the 10ac and 50hp more that the ROL has.
    And ROMs much cheaper than ROL, so on my server i can get/make rom+1 for price of ROL+0, so the differences I describe above are even more in ROMs favor (if u compare ROM+1 to ROL+0).
    ROM for mage, ROL for rogue, ROC for Warrior/BP is general rule of thumb. Ofc ROFelenkor is better than all but gl in getting one.