where to start?

This is a discussion on where to start? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Ok so im fairly new to this game. Currently im leveling up and my gear is really crappy. Im willing ...
Page: 1

Default where to start?

Ok so im fairly new to this game. Currently im leveling up and my gear is really crappy. Im willing to spend some usd and get a few upgrades. So where should i start first? im thinking dagger? or should i try getting 2x ring of life. Any help/advice is appreciated also any links to guides you guys may have is also welcomed.
    Thank you!

towntown

Daggers for sure.
    Will help you to exp/pk.

You can keep quest itens if you are starting now.
    Just buy other belt, quest belt sucks.

Buy RoL when you have more time on game. Buy cheap things for start, like shard +7 and old acessorys.

Better than buy a GG item but the rest crap.

towntown

I forgot to say.

When you will go buy an old acessorys, don't buy the dark ones. They become sealed on you after you use them, and you can't resell them when you don't have more use for them.

Big part of this game is resell, so those dark old acessorys are crap.

oh wow i didnt know that about the dark ones, i still dont know whats the difference between the old accessories and the new ones?
    thanks for the post town

towntown

Old Acessorys - You get one when you use a Monster Stone, those Stones drop from normal mobs. When you use a Monster Stone you are teleported to a small map, where you find some monsters. You win more exp from those monsters and you don't lose exp when you die to them; in the end of map you find a miniboss when you kill it you have a chance to win an old acessory.

If you have 3 old acessory(not the dark ones), you can upgrade those 3 to 1 normal uniq acessory. The dark ones can't be upgraded.

Normal Uniq Acessorys - You get them killing bosses at moradon, karus/elmorad, eslant, ardream, rlb and cz. Or upgrading 3 old acessorys. When you get 3 normal uniqs acessorys, you can upgrade them to they become 1 acessory +1, 3x +1=+2, 3x +2= +3 and +3 is the max.

Some more questions?? XD

wow that makes so much sense now hahaha thanks <3
    atm im level 50 and i have found 2 stones already. should is save them for when im stronger and able to kill the a better mini boss or could i use them now?

Monster stones arent only just good for uniques, its a very fast way of getting xp as well. I would use them when u get them, also, if you want to get more monster stones just start mining ..

Also,
    Buy: +8 cleavers or +7 shards, Get a necklace + belt, then go from there.

dont forget +7 chitin or +7 shell.

Be sure to even make another character so you can go to every chaos (1 character can only go once a day) .. get good at that and your set money wise.. save up all the chests you get .. either turn them in or sell them. ur choice!

Making money in this game takes alot of time .. time i dont like to waste haha, id rather go out and work for the same amount of time i would take making 'x' amount of gb, and just buy it from the money i spent working..

Quote Originally Posted by SkyL View Post
    Monster stones arent only just good for uniques, its a very fast way of getting xp as well. I would use them when u get them, also, if you want to get more monster stones just start mining ..

Also,
    Buy: +8 cleavers or +7 shards, Get a necklace + belt, then go from there.

dont forget +7 chitin or +7 shell.

Be sure to even make another character so you can go to every chaos (1 character can only go once a day) .. get good at that and your set money wise.. save up all the chests you get .. either turn them in or sell them. ur choice!

Making money in this game takes alot of time .. time i dont like to waste haha, id rather go out and work for the same amount of time i would take making 'x' amount of gb, and just buy it from the money i spent working..
    cool thanks for the input. ya atm i average around 44 hours a week of work, so that why im willing to spend some usd on this game cause i dont have as much actual time as id like.

Then what you can do whenever your not on your computer, you can empty your inventory, and just mine .. it takes over 20 min to fill the inventory .. so yea..

hmm daggers first. how much cash you willing spend? id say if possible put like $50 in that will get you about 15gb. thats enough to get the following. Prices below are rough estimates, may be cheaper or more expensive, but those numbers are rlly just to give you an idea of how much you would want to spend.

dual shard +7 - about 450m
    chitin +7 set - 175m
    dual old elf metal earings - 120m
    old warrior pendant - 125m
    old skeleton belt - 200m?
    use your quest rings for now as you cannot afford dual old rols.

you got about 425m left out of 15gb. use the rest of the money to upgrade your daggers, perhaps shard +3 rebirth on main hand. you can save until you can get an old rol. or you can upgrade for profit so you can afford rols/shards and other things.

if you plan to spend more..your gear may want to look like this at some point in time. this would cost about $250. plus the cost of premium and what not.

shard +8 - 20gb
    cold hearted dagger +7 - 7gb?
    chitin +8 pauldren and pads - 11gb
    full plate +9 boots and gauntlets - 14gb?
    warrior pendant +1 - 13gb
    dual old elf metal earings - 120m
    dual old rols - 12 gb
    skeleton belt - 3gb

for guides about playing rogue, refer to bankin's support rogue guide. im sure you can find it on search.

oh keep in mind this gear is generally for a lvl 59. it would be wise to start off in lower level pk zones so you can get a better feel for the game and increase your skill lvl, gear, and game knowledge so when you start to go 60+ you understand the game a bit better. as stated before go to forgotten temple, border defense wars, chao events, and mining. collect chests and monster stones. turn them in and hope for something good or sell them.

so gl with this, if you ever need help with combo give me a pm on here and ill contact you ingame sometime. even though i do not play rogue anymore, i still have alot of knowledge about them regarding pk tactics, gearing, minor heal, hp pot/minor heal combo, and all combos in general.
    Last edited by bknight; 10-18-2010 at 10:23 PM.

Banned Senior Member

if you're an orc i would go archer. at lower levels its a little slow but once you hit lvl 55 use the archer combo and you will own.