Minor resist or lvl 45 glacier aoe

This is a discussion on Minor resist or lvl 45 glacier aoe within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; So i have a lvl 80 mage that is 112int build using a scorching staff I was looking at either ...
Page: 1

PathosKid

Default Minor resist or lvl 45 glacier aoe

So i have a lvl 80 mage that is 112int build using a scorching staff
    I was looking at either getting the master skill "minor resist" or the lvl 45 glacier aoe skill
    I know that having another aoe will have its advantages but with my build i don't think it will slow very often
    Also I do not know how much minor resist helps...i know that it is a 20% reduction in resistances but how much more damage will that be?
    does 20% less resistance mean 20% more damage?
    and what is the area of range that Minor resist applies too?
    is it as big as my nova?

without testing minor resist out im not sure which i will use...

thanks in advance for the help

or.... will it be better to go flame/lightning and get the lvl 42 lightning blade skill?

_.-~=FackaBitch=~-._ Senior Member Gaudior's Avatar

the area of Minor resist is not that big. And i would go for Blizzard. And the fact that u're fire mage doesnt mean anything with slowing i think(only the damage).
    But its me, as mage i liked slowing ppl around. But if u're really interested with Minor resist, go and try out on a private server b4 you spend money on reskilling.

PathosKid

Quote Originally Posted by Gaudior View Post
    the area of Minor resist is not that big. And i would go for Blizzard. And the fact that u're fire mage doesnt mean anything with slowing i think(only the damage).
    But its me, as mage i liked slowing ppl around. But if u're really interested with Minor resist, go and try out on a private server b4 you spend money on reskilling.
    well being a fire mage my intel is low...i thought that helped the slowing rate

Quote Originally Posted by PathosKid View Post
    i thought that helped the slowing rate
    not

anyway, if you PK with party of meeles, then blizz
    if it's mage party then minor resist (especially for NT)

PathosKid

Quote Originally Posted by cizia View Post
    not

i meant that i thought high intel increases slowing chance...and i will have low intel

I tried to get minor resis working on a private server but no luck
    i think i will just get blizzard cause there are many more melee then mages in CZ

Get blizzard, from the mages I've played with, they initially got minor resist, but blizzard is much more useful and worthwhile.

Even if INT does affect slow rate (there's a lot of debate about this, hard to test), blizzard still kicks minor resist's ass.

na when i play fire mage with my lvl 80 , i always take the Blizzard. Minor Resist isnt really worth it. As a 112int mage.... I still slowed ok enough. I think the AP from ur staff will make decent slowing from ur ice skills.

Quote Originally Posted by PathosKid View Post
    i meant that i thought high intel increases slowing chance...and i will have low intel
    I know, that's why I wrote 'not'

Evil Wizard's Nightmare Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by cizia View Post
    not

Agreed, but IMO if it's a mage party then the ice mage(s) should have minor resist, as fire I'd take blizz for sure. But since I am ice, I have minor resist

But hey, at lvl 82 you will have both xD

Mfg