The most powerful bow/crossbow for Ardream

This is a discussion on The most powerful bow/crossbow for Ardream within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; As topis says - which bow/crossbow is the most powerful for Ardream archer. Compare only dmg, in this post lets ...
Page: 1

Default The most powerful bow/crossbow for Ardream

As topis says - which bow/crossbow is the most powerful for Ardream archer. Compare only dmg, in this post lets stay with bows up to +-15gb. Probably we will focus on:

- EE+8
    - Helenid+8 (+ weapon enchant sc)
    - CB+8

I dont see place for more bows but feel free to suggest more if u want.

Banned Regular Member

Well, chitin bow is garbage unless its +9 imo, at +8 it has125 attack power and 80 flame, so its like a shit version f enion which at +8 has 126ap 100 lightning.
    ee is gonna make you tankier bcause t +8 It has 170 health bonus, it alo has 130 ap and 90 poison
    Helenid has the same ap as ee+8 but it also has 100 glacier ( I don't like poison damage) and because it is a crossbow you can use a weapon enchant with it. so it's going to give u more ap than an ee +8 would.

If youre gonna have decent armor and accessories ten helenid. if you're gonna have shitty other items then go ee for more health.

from the only place where u'll be able to listen the true Minimal

i would go after an enion bow +8 tbh

Helenid+ enchant does not seem to permor that great ..even if you actually see your ap pumped quite a lot. Dunno why but u'll fail a lot more with it than with any other bow.
    About ee, never been a fun of it. I would pick it just for the extra elem resist..if the server your playing in, is packed of mages and your average resists suk a lot.
    Overpriced bow, and that plus hp bonus is not so good as it seems. With about 98% of macroers out there, that hp is more or less an r-hit...that means 80% of times you would be dead anyway.
    On the other hand, you may save your butt tnx to that hp boost too.
    Said this, poison dmg (imo) suk.
    I was pking a lil bit in ardream...and there was an orc with an ee+9...i stopped for checking his dmgs..i remember something like 400 280...if u think this is a good performance..go after it.

About cb, that mana bonus is almost useless compared to ee bonus....but it has its own rights...since u can end up winning a vs or a fight..cuz of a delayed mana pot, in favour of an hp one.
    The main prob..is its low ap/elem dmg. (most loved bow by turks lol...says all)

Already an enion bow+3 rebirth performs like an enion+8...and this says quite a lot.
    Between them all, my preferred one is still the enion. And the higher + it is, the better you see the difference.
    Its average performance is the best between all bows. Dunno why..

An iron bow...well poison dmg...but dffo the cheapest one.
    Scoprion bow..well it's a secondary bow...mainly used for undy.
    For istance...i used to own and to use all of those bows even at +9. At the end, i ended up using 2x of them only: the enion and the scorpion bow (that's a sexy bow at +9 XD).
    Last edited by inarco; 12-17-2014 at 09:34 PM.

Thanks guys, nice posts but please remember - I dont want to compare extra bonuses such as healt or resists. I care only about dmg in this topic.

Reasuming I should check the enion bow and compare it with helenid.

Any more ideas ?

Banned Regular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ichallengeu View Post
    Thanks guys, nice posts but please remember - I dont want to compare extra bonuses such as healt or resists. I care only about dmg in this topic.

Reasuming I should check the enion bow and compare it with helenid.

Any more ideas ?
    then you need to compare enion +8 vs helenid 8 with weapon enchant and see what you like better )

OK guys and what do you think about lighting/glacier dmg from imir/shio. I heard few ppl saying that imir/shio might increase dmg of enion/helenid. I am convinced that it is not true but maybe i am wrong?

Banned Regular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ichallengeu View Post
    OK guys and what do you think about lighting/glacier dmg from imir/shio. I heard few ppl saying that imir/shio might increase dmg of enion/helenid. I am convinced that it is not true but maybe i am wrong?
    it is false, it's bee false for alonnnnnnnnnng time. the realreason to use imir or shio is beause at +3 theyre no bad as rings. Because theyre so cheap

from the only place where u'll be able to listen the true Minimal

Quote Originally Posted by WSxMagicians View Post
    it is false, it's bee false for alonnnnnnnnnng time. the realreason to use imir or shio is beause at +3 theyre no bad as rings. Because theyre so cheap
    at the real beginning they used to work but after a week or so..they patched that thing and atm the only bonus dmg an imir ring would give to an archer happends only with lr-shot...cuz it is a magical attack.

About enion+8 vs helenid+8+enchant....back in the days...i 've also tested an enion +3 reb vs helenid+8 +ench.
    The enion still performed better even if the character's ap-value was lower.
    Dunno why. in theory the helenid...should be better than enion...same amount of elem dmg, higher weapon-ap, +enchant bonus...but it is not so. It fails a lot more than not just enion, but any other unique bow.

Thought so but had to be sure

Little archer Senior Member

Do weapon enchant scrolls now work with normal left-handed bows? If that's the case then it's pointless to look at Helenid anymore.

I would go for EE+8 anyday.

No, weapon enchant scrolls do not work with normal left-handed bows. So in your opinion ee+8 will make greater dmg than helenid+8 with weapon enchant scroll?

i'd take the ee8, it looks sexyier, has more bonuses and i know u are talking about the most powerfull wep, trust me at +8lvl u are talking about 30~50 dmg differences. So take the ee.