Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yet another mage build question :)

This is a discussion on Yet another mage build question :) within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Ok here goes: I'm a lvl 59 fire mage. My gear is: IN, fr+2, fr+1, Glass belt, Dual agate earings ...
Page: 1

K.S. King Senior Member Avariofvalequenta's Avatar

Default Yet another mage build question :)

Ok here goes:

I'm a lvl 59 fire mage. My gear is: IN, fr+2, fr+1, Glass belt, Dual agate earings so far. I'm torn between 2 builds. The first build that I was leaning towards is the tier 2/tier 3 build. Statted with 112 int. (enough to wear a scorching+8) and rest into mp. This will allow me to wear tier 2 helm, robe, pants, and tier 3 gloves and boots.

The second build is the tier 3/ tier 4 build, statted with 138 int. (enough to wear a hell blood+8). This allows me to wear tier 3 helm, pauldron, pants, and tier 4 boots and gauntlets.

Both builds have their pro's and con's. The second build will give me more ac, but much less points into mp. Along with a little more resistances.

My goal is to hit hard, simple as that. I know with the first build I will be dealing a pretty fair amount of damage. My question is, how much less will I be hitting if I decide to use the second build? (tier 3/4 with a hb+8)

I'm also curious to how hard I would blade people with the 42 staff skill with the first build if anyone has an idea. Thanks.

idk what server you are on but if its cwest(cuz your successful trades list implies you do), itll be hard to get a scroching8. there are only 2 or 3 known and many people want them. a hellblood+8 is also rare but there are a few out there. with crystal 8/9 i think the helblood build would be really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Castine View Post
    idk what server you are on but if its cwest(cuz your successful trades list implies you do), itll be hard to get a scroching8. there are only 2 or 3 known and many people want them. a hellblood+8 is also rare but there are a few out there. with crystal 8/9 i think the helblood build would be really nice
    Dual fr2 and wood10 owns all mages vs mages with+9 osasis and chaotic9 and elxier9 in diez for me. atm i use lycoan8 dual fr3 ppaer9 set. Id rtaher have 233mp instead of wasting some on int. Once u have In set in ardream, people generaly dont hit as hard. scorching and osasi suck. Rogues are 3-2 hit kill for me as paper they all run from me, even the +9 babas.

if you are able to get your hands on a hellblood +8 i would suggest going the 138 int build cuz you wont be hitting that much less and you will have more ac so you will be able to tank 3-4 ppl since ardream is usually a free for all and they attack anything that moves

electric, i dont think ive seen you post once anything useful towards someones topic. Maybe its just me and i havent read all your posts, but it seems like you just like to tell everyone your awesome gear and how fast you kill people.

ON topic, avar it looks to me like you played or still play ares. I havent played an ardream mage but i do play an 80. What i would generally say is it totally depends on your gear, but seeing as you have pretty nice gear i think you can get away with either build. I cant tell you how much harder you will hit, but im pretty sure linen + scorch will hit harder then hell blood + crystal. Dont quote me on that, i just however do not see many 80 + fire mages using hellblood + complete or crystal because its alot of wasted stat points if you want to hit hard. considering you have good weapon defences and even some talias, you might even think about stopping mp at a certain point and adding into hp. Again depends on whether you'll be pking with priests often or your style of mage play. thats all i can think of for now GL

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Electr1c View Post
    Dual fr2 and wood10 owns all mages vs mages with+9 osasis and chaotic9 and elxier9 in diez for me. atm i use lycoan8 dual fr3 ppaer9 set. Id rtaher have 233mp instead of wasting some on int. Once u have In set in ardream, people generaly dont hit as hard. scorching and osasi suck. Rogues are 3-2 hit kill for me as paper they all run from me, even the +9 babas.

wood+10 will never hit as hard as hellblodd+8 or +9.....

I like rusty spoons Senior Member Holocaust's Avatar

damage wise with elysium 8, dual imir 2 i was hitting about 375-390 with 160 mp rest int. I had similar gear to you and if you get dual fr 2 u cant expect to hit around 390-410

Quote Originally Posted by gimmecookiesnao View Post
    wood+10 will never hit as hard as hellblodd+8 or +9.....
    I play diez i vs +9 osasis and +9 elxiers on a regular bases, how are u going to tell me wood10 and full paper does not beat oasis9 in ardream?
    In cz ofc wood10 would not do the same dmg, that is bovious.
    Dude ardrema is more skilled than cz. Once u start to pk more and try other builds u will learn. It is ok to be a newb.

I play diez i vs +9 osasis and +9 elxiers on a regular bases, how are u going to tell me wood10 and full paper does not beat oasis9 in ardream?
    In cz ofc wood10 would not do the same dmg, that is bovious.
    Dude ardrema is more skilled than cz. Once u start to pk more and try other builds u will learn. It is ok to be a newb.
    cuz the 61 ap is alot better than 80 mp jackass its been tested already you idiot

Quote Originally Posted by gimmecookiesnao View Post
    cuz the 61 ap is alot better than 80 mp jackass its been tested already you idiot
    U forgot how to subtract and or add? Chaotic9=135 AP and wood10=82. Learn to do some 1st grade math u stupid moron.
    being paper mage vs ful 160int u get +additional 90 Mp if u got 51 on str.
    Ur a noob its ok.
    I bet ur one of the so many noob babashoprs that has +9 shell and still gets owned aby+8 crytal mage.
    Last edited by Electr1c; 11-05-2009 at 12:23 AM.

K.S. King Senior Member Avariofvalequenta's Avatar

well thank you all for your input on this. I play on cw so i'm not sure a wood+10 even exists xD maybe 1 on the server but it is probably really valuable. I think I will try the half paper build with a scorching+8 to start and if I want to tank a little more I'll switch it up to the g3/4 build. Thanks again ^^

U forgot how to subtract and or add? Chaotic9=135 AP and wood10=82. Learn to do some 1st grade math u stupid moron.
    being paper mage vs ful 160int u get +additional 90 Mp if u got 51 on str.
    Ur a noob its ok.
    I bet ur one of the so many noob babashoprs that has +9 shell and still gets owned aby+8 crytal mage.

Hellblood+9 has 143 ap.

143- 82= 61 ap

233 mp on a lvl 59 with wood+10
    165 mp on a lvl 59 mage with hellblood+9 with 138 int
    for a grand total of

68mp difference

so in reality its 61 AP vs 68 MP

any mage knows that AP> MP

go ahead check your math.... apart from being illiterate your also mathematically challenged
    Last edited by gimmecookiesnao; 11-05-2009 at 02:08 AM.

ok i never said+9 hell only one or two people in ardream walk with hell9 or ely9. And go ahead and be a stupid babashoper with hell9;it's a waste of money.
    Most others have elxier9 chaotic9 ely8 hell8.
    Comparing all other staffs besides +9hell and ely9 for ardream wood10 and paper is better.
    Next time use your foureyes a little more instead of rushing to reply like a 10year old on a computer. If ur fat mexican, i understand; its not your fault. Blame your parents.

ok i never said+9 hell only one or two people in ardream walk with hell9 or ely9. And go ahead and be a stupid babashoper with hell9;it's a waste of money.
    Most others have elxier9 chaotic9 ely8 hell8.
    Comparing all other staffs besides +9hell and ely9 for ardream wood10 and paper is better.
    Next time use your foureyes a little more instead of rushing to reply like a 10year old on a computer. If ur fat mexican, i understand; its not your fault. Blame your parents.

lol nice response xD

wood +10 is for idiots who cant appreciate the balance of stats and items on ko.

if you think mp is all there is for a mage damage then u are plain stupid

why dont u post ur magic damage with ur "leet" woody +10 and well ask someone else here to post there magic damage with hellblood+8

ap is and will ALWAYS be better than comparable amount of mp.

dont get mad at me cuz u have never gotten any good items.

also im a retired ko player (retired meaning i DONT play anymore) that sticks around to educate idiot players like yourself.

you talk alot of shit without backing it up

unless ur next post involves some pictures dont bother posting cuz not only do i know that ur full of your self and also full of shit but also the whole ko for life forums.

gogogo post pictures of your "awesome" mage

if not fuck off

http://www.kingofknight.com/playerin...name=Repulsion

nice mage

"if not fuck off">> that is cute.
    i been on diez about 2months and i have oevr 145k NP just give me anohter5 months and ill have bordered symbol as ardream char.
    ITs ok u stick to Ap cuz ardream is different. Come diez and i will kill you every time, go on any char u want. Im not mad, hehe ur a noob fat Mexican i dont care. I was trying to enlighten you. But its ok; while u spend 1000 ill spend 300 and ill still own u.
    Edit: I bet u didnt kno that WOod10 cost me 2gb(about6u.s.d) and 10gb for lycoan8(about 30us.d)
    and just so u kno i played an ares mage called Adv3ntur0us with+9 items. I quit fast tho.
    Last edited by Electr1c; 11-05-2009 at 03:06 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast