Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Need help with int priest

This is a discussion on Need help with int priest within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Originally Posted by Kallop GB > IB.. bro ur decked with AC as ur priest rofl.. 20 ac makes no ...
Page: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    GB > IB.. bro ur decked with AC as ur priest rofl.. 20 ac makes no diff there anymore..
    Still have to disagree. If 20AC didn't make a difference, then why would INT priests still buy Pathos Gloves or Gryphon armor?

20AC here and 20 AC there make a huge difference. 20 AC is roughly 200HP.

He will still need more AC since he will be tormented and parasited often in battle. The opposing force knows that if he dies more than likely his party will be easy pickings without full heals. Sorry, that is just my experience. How many times have you been in vent and everyone says "Kill the priest!!!" After the priest goes down, the rest of the party usually follows.

That is also why I chose to carry a Holy Animor in RLB over a Lycaon hammer when I played my INT priest. AC whore and weapon defense in RLB FTW!!!!

I prefer hp > ac.

20 ac isnt a big diff, 200hp u keep btw. even parasited. para removes ur hp buff and a little of ur hp. so even 200 hp will get u more.

and combine hp with weapon def and then youll be rly tanky, whats the point of having huge ac if u got no hp to cover it, best thing is as much hp as poss with a good decent amount of ac. Not all ac, no hp...

My 2 cents

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgske View Post
    I prefer hp > ac.

20 ac isnt a big diff, 200hp u keep btw. even parasited. para removes ur hp buff and a little of ur hp. so even 200 hp will get u more.

and combine hp with weapon def and then youll be rly tanky, whats the point of having huge ac if u got no hp to cover it, best thing is as much hp as poss with a good decent amount of ac. Not all ac, no hp...

My 2 cents

oh ok by ur thinking paper mages pwn krowaz mages right?

Quote Originally Posted by gimmecookiesnao View Post
    oh ok by ur thinking paper mages pwn krowaz mages right?

wrong section bro, this is about priests. Mages do not have heals.

I prefer hp > ac.

I respect your opinion and if that playing style worked for you then all the better. I just disagree. We are not comparing 20AC to 200HP. We are comparing 20AC to 50HP & 10INT. When you take that into consideration, it should be a moot point. And I will take a parasite over a torment any day, which is why AC is better IMO.

My 2 cents
    I agree somewhat on this point. For RLB, an INT priest needs the trinity of AC, HP, & Weapon defense to be successful. But in that order. That is why my build for RLB was as follows:

Accessories:

Lillime's +0 (visual +1) x 2
    Iron Neck +0
    Iron Belt +0
    ROL +0 x 2

Armor:
    Chitin +8 HP helm
    FP+6 DD+25 helm

Chitin+5rb Pauldron HP
    Chitin+7 ClubDef+20 Pauldron

Chitin+5rb Pads HP
    FP+6 ArrowDef+25 Pads

Chitin+5rb Gaunts HP
    Chitin +7 SwordDef+17 Gaunts

Chitin+5rb Boots HP
    Chitin +7 SpearDef+15 Boots

Shield:
    Dread Shield +7

Weapon:
    Holy Animor +7

I wasn't impossilbe to kill in RLB, but even top RLB clans at the time like Slayer Nation had trouble taking me down.
    Last edited by r1ckyb0by; 09-08-2010 at 01:50 PM. Reason: spelling correction: and yes I am that anal about spelling

Licky

i would sell the fp set +9 also helm +8 and go on chitin build with dd helmet and buy a more better belt gb or ib

The more weapon def pieces on the more hp you lose. The wep. def may offset the loss of hp, but when you're maliced and parasited you're just too vulnerable to some babashopped warrior or rogue. I think sticking with the fp+9 and going with as much def from your accessories is the best bet from my point of view.

It's hard to do, but only put on the weapon defense part you need at the time. For RLB, the only wep defense armors that stayed on my body at all times were my dd helm and arrow pads.

DD because sins can sneak up on you, and arrow pads because archers were a huge problem back then with the hackers spamming counterstrike.

This left only 3 pieces I really needed to worry about switching out during pk.

Good Luck.

Hmmmm..

My RLBchar was running with
    Chit 8 (gloves 7) and fp pauldron 8.
    Duals WSE +1
    Duals Agatering +2
    IN and GB
    HA+7 and DS+7

Less AC, more HP build. I was a tank in RLB, if I may say so. Hard to get down...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12