need help with my ardream rogue

This is a discussion on need help with my ardream rogue within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; i need a skilled rogue to please help me out on these issues id REALLY appreciate it cause im struggling ...
Page: 1

LemonMan23

Smile need help with my ardream rogue

i need a skilled rogue to please help me out on these issues id REALLY appreciate it cause im struggling a lot.. thanks to everyone.

okay so i have a rogue in cwest MrLemon and i wanna see what i can do to improve or what i should do in general. took me a while to get all my items since i didnt baba shop like most the other guys in ardy these days.

ok first off my gear right now. i have full reb1 chitin dex set, dual old RE's, an old PP, old skele, old flame ring, a quest ring (which im going to replace with a rol)
    my daggers are an excep 3reb shard/chd reb1 and i was talking to some people and they told me to replace the chd with a higher ap dagger as my secondary and idk if i should. i have a trina and the chd to sell which is probably my total budget for the other dag. ive got valk armor(no helmet only armor) with wolf im at around 1150ap and my def is pretty crap around 550 unbuffed. i wanna see what i can do to get my char better.

ok so thats the gear aspect, now the second issue i have, vs. in ardream i can dominate pretty well with good friends and a good party and i get good kills cause i know when to run in when not to and i can combo well enough. but whenever i vs, i always get destroyed because my minor doesnt work at all no matter how fast i hit it and im trying to figure out whats wrong. my combo is skill rr skill rr skill rr etc.

my third question is about my skill bar. i want to have a set up that will work for sure and work well cause right now ive pretty much just thrown it all in.
    F1: 1.spike 2.thrust 3.pierce 4.Cut 5. Light feet 6. minor 7. mp 8. hp
    F2: 1.shock 2. jab 3. stab2 4. illusion 5. light feet 6. minor 7.mp 8.hp

Thanks to all who help!

Random Nab Senior Member mumbojumbo's Avatar

OK so here is a thing that I have discovered with minor. Your ping to KO server matters a lot!! Personally I have seen that when my ping to KO server goes above 300ms I can say BB to minor and vs. No matter how fast I hit it doesn't work. Check if this is the case with you. You may wanna try HP+Minor in that case which is kinda hard. I am still trying to learn it ;-)

And you need to use stab too to strike continuously. Remove Illusion from there.
    Last edited by mumbojumbo; 03-11-2011 at 04:20 AM.

Leviatan

first of all, to ur minor works u need to cancel the animation of skill, press RR very fast after you press skill or hold W while combo, i prefer to hold W

second: ur computer config matters a lot, you need a high fps ( frames per second ) to get a nice minor, check it on options>graphics, if it is low, down the visibility, graphics etc or buy a better computer

third: doesnt affect ur minor but ur skill bar sucks, with this skill bar you must wait to use skills if u combo fast, try this one:

F1: 1.spike 2.thrust 3.Cut 4.Stab2 5. Light feet 6. minor 7. mp 8. hp
    F2: 1.Stab 2. Shock 3. Jab 4. Pierce 5. light feet 6. minor 7.mp 8.hp
    Put Illusion on mouse2 if u prefer...

and you know u wont be able to waste ur mana with only 1 minor in skill bar right? unless u have pedal or macro of whatever... so if the first and second aspect its ok, try to put one more minor on your skill bar.

i hope this helped you, sorry bad english

For your gear i would recommend u get a wp, and eventually an IN, instead of the pp, its better for your overall stats. And i wouldnt sell the chd+7, its ap isnt all that great but the bonuses make up for that, to me survivability is WAY more important than attack power in party and full scale pk. Also being a second hand dagger its not gonna make a huge difference to ur ap. Also later on try and buy a dd helmet+6 or 7...definitely a high priority in ardream.

And with the minor combo issue, i found that using skill+rr would stop my minor sometimes, the extra 'r' would somehow conflict with the minor, maybe its just me but i found using skill+r kept it constant. And like the other guys have said, a moderate/high fps and low ping is vital especially for a dual minor setup.

Best of luck man!

Haters gonna hate Senior Member MushtMan's Avatar

First off why did u get an old FR? would've been better off getting an old shio ring for the extra GR. but what's done is done, and i dont think u want to waste money to switch it. I used to have (like 1 year ago) dual old shio + skelly, was dam nice for GR.

Gear: (to be gotten in the near future, in order)

Old WP (throw away that PP)
    Old ROLS
    Shard+8

As for the sin thing, feel free to check out my siggy.

1)dis the chd +7 and get a md +8,u will see a 15-20 ap boost and 90-100 hp/mp from the
    -7 health bonus of the chd.So imo it just does not make any sense to have chd +7 over md +8

2)about ur minor try to hp pot-minor-soul pot not just minor-soul pot since the cooldown on mh
    simply destroys it

so instead of spamming 6 and 8 for minor and soul pot
    spam 6 and 7, when you take the hp pot and while it is on cooldown
    spam 6 and 8, so when the cd of the hp pot is over u take a soulpot
    then when u take the soulpot and its on cooldown spam 6 and 7 again and so on

this combo works really really well against warriors/bps/mages in ardream
    with chitins +7,cleaver +8,quests i could easily kill people with +8's (chitins avedons,hbs)

as for vs'ing a rogue,do the same only when he uses spike and thrust
    so spam minor and soul pot and when u see his spike spam minor and hp pot

beleive me when u get used to it you will see the difference

Quote Originally Posted by daddids View Post
    1)dis the chd +7 and get a md +8,u will see a 15-20 ap boost and 90-100 hp/mp from the
    -7 health bonus of the chd.So imo it just does not make any sense to have chd +7 over md +8

2)about ur minor try to hp pot-minor-soul pot not just minor-soul pot since the cooldown on mh
    simply destroys it

with chitins +7,cleaver +8,quests i could easily kill people with +8's (chitins avedons,hbs)

theres only 3 ap difference chd+7 and md+8 when its on left hand + chd gives club defense bonus and 14 to all resist and also price of chd is way cheaper than md+8

Leviatan

Quote Originally Posted by daddids View Post

simply destroys it

Dude... come on... CHD a lot better than md +8 on off hand...

first: Resists...
    Second: Def Club:
    Third: Elemental that incress ur R hits...

So...