Need Help with Staff Damage

This is a discussion on Need Help with Staff Damage within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Hello, i recently made a mage and i plan to play CZ, i still dont decide which playstyle i ll ...
Page: 1

Default Need Help with Staff Damage

Hello, i recently made a mage and i plan to play CZ, i still dont decide which playstyle i ll pick, well basically my question is what affects damage in a staff, you see when i last played a mage all was about elemental damage, but now im seeing lot of new staffs with 40 flame, 55 flame, other with 60 light+40 glac, its confusing...is now AP part of damage formula? why would be the best staff for glacier support mage, and for fire full MP? What about INT?

AP>ELEMENTAL>MP . novas use a lot of elemental to calculate damage. also acessories with mp work.

for ice suporte use a personal pole +5 with trina it's 100% and u don't need to do damage only slow them . for full mp fire use one of those new books.

Ok awesome reply, so you saying that for example novas willhit harder with a staff with 120 AP than with 100AP??? considering other stats are the same. im now using paper+7+12MP accesories with mp and wrath of erenion+7 is that ok for leveling?? lvl 60 atm

all other skill will hit harder with more ap but not novas neither ignite, these skills have a diferent way to calculate damages.