Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

BP best armour?

This is a discussion on BP best armour? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Going all the way with a BP but wanna know what armour will do me best when i exp and ...
Page: 1

GIGATRON

Going all the way with a BP but wanna know what armour will do me best when i exp and what armour will do best for me in PK???

all the help i can get would be great

thanks in advance

err... paper str and hp set will do you fine for exping.... AC doesnt matter as much for exping as it does for pk.

For pk, it'll hafta depend if ur 60+ or 59-.. and what type of BP you are.. Theres numerous different builds, shell, chitin, fp, paper, plate BP. Each build usually stats just enough int for armors, enough str for weapons, and the reamining points would be distributed amongst either STR, HP, or a mix of both....

tommyleonghk

Level 1 - 59 --> Paper Set
    Level 60 - 69 --> Paper Set
    Level 70 - 72 --> Paper Set
    Level 73 - 74 --> Full Plate Set or Chitin Set
    Level 75 - 83 --> Chitin Set

paper 4 life

tommyleonghk

paper 4 life[/b]
    if you have godly gears....yes

VerTas

Yeah paper for life baby. As paper you sacrifice a little ac but your biggest loss is actually mana, the trade off his way higher ap and hp though.

What this means for practical pk is that you will need to heal a lot more in order to pull off more mana pots as paper. Because i'm cheap and don't want to pay for scrolls my strategy is to go 60/60 buff heal. This will also allow me to squeeze every last bit of hp out of undy and use complete heal so i have a larger buffer of hp in order to pull off more cycles of hp/mp pots per heal.

While yes mana is nice you still only get 1920 mp per soul pot so in longer fights you'll unlikely be over mp potting while you will certainly be over healing with complete heal. Suppose we have 2 bps going into a fight one is chitin while the other paper. They both have complete heal, the chitin bp has slightly higher ac, around 6k mana and 5k hp, the paper has much higher ap, about 3.5k mana, and 6k hp. I guarantee the paper will be hitting much harder on the chitin than the chitin will be hitting on the paper. The chitin starts out with the potential for 7 extra heli before they are at equal mana but the difference is that once that mana is depleted past a certain point it provides no further bonus, the paper will be using mp pots every time it reaches about 1.5k mana and the chitin can mp pot whenever it drops bellow 4k mana once it's reached that point however it must spam mp pots at the same rate as the paper to stay at a steady level, sure it can choose to spam hp pots chugging all it's mana to try and finish off the fight but the paper bp will be getting an extra 1k hp per heal and hitting harder giving it much better survival potential.

Sorry for this long post, i had nothing better to do while the servers were down. If you didn't bother to read it all i guess the jist of it is that while a chitin bp is going to be better for short bursts a paper bp is gonna end up with overall with higher survival potential.

-Veritas

Banned

thats 1 vs 1 but... in cz u wont survive the rogues gangs 2 cp spike /biebie b4 u can heal.... unless like some1 said u got godly items
    p.s : dunno how cw r in cz but in diez cz if full of dufers so u play 80% of time duffed thats no good for papper bp.. but thats just me opinion.

thats 1 vs 1 but... in cz u wont survive the rogues gangs 2 cp spike /biebie b4 u can heal.... unless like some1 said u got godly items
    p.s : dunno how cw r in cz but in diez cz if full of dufers so u play 80% of time duffed thats no good for papper bp.. but thats just me opinion.[/b]
    your a nub cake so who cares :wub:

You can play paper BP on any server, but to survive good fights youll need iron set on 24/7 and at least 900ac and 2800ap
    I'm a lover of INT BPs now my priest has decent stats at his current level and a better + weapon would help match the ap of the paper priest. I'd only touch paper now if it was pushing 5khp 900ac and 3k ap scrolled. I'm more of a solo pker who would prefer taking on parties and an INT bp would be better than paper at that

VerTas

When you get ganked the higher hp of the paper build is going to help you stay alive more than the very small ac bonus of the chitin build. Not only that with the larger buffer of hp you also have more time to pull off the complete heal completely nullifing the rogues very hard initial attacks. Not to say a paper bp will even be able to survive dual cp spikes but it will have a better chance than the chitin will. You are right about paper (especially if you use buffs instead of scrolls) being weaker to duffs though you'll just have to know when to town and when you have enough time to cure/rebuff. Or you can always use my favorite strategy find the duffer before he finds you use malice and kill him with that massive ap before he knows what him 'im =). 5k hp is pretty low for a paper bp @ lvl 72 i have 5.1k hp with dual roms, dual we,s, bos +1, wp +1, and 230 stat points into str (& exp not hp valk). Give me a few months to level up improve my undy set and get rocs and i'll certainly pass 6k hp.

-Veritas

Chitin build doesn't have a small ac boost over paper, it's about 2-300 more. The AC is more important than the extra 1k hp you gain

Paper priest have big drawbacks thats why people need to go all out on the AP front because when the duffs kick in you spam people for 1200-1300

Haveyouseenmybeartibbers? Senior Member JDizzle's Avatar

When you get ganked the higher hp of the paper build is going to help you stay alive more than the very small ac bonus of the chitin build. Not only that with the larger buffer of hp you also have more time to pull off the complete heal completely nullifing the rogues very hard initial attacks. Not to say a paper bp will even be able to survive dual cp spikes but it will have a better chance than the chitin will. You are right about paper (especially if you use buffs instead of scrolls) being weaker to duffs though you'll just have to know when to town and when you have enough time to cure/rebuff. Or you can always use my favorite strategy find the duffer before he finds you use malice and kill him with that massive ap before he knows what him 'im =). 5k hp is pretty low for a paper bp @ lvl 72 i have 5.1k hp with dual roms, dual we,s, bos +1, wp +1, and 230 stat points into str (& exp not hp valk). Give me a few months to level up improve my undy set and get rocs and i'll certainly pass 6k hp.
    -Veritas[/b]
    veritas, ok listen, before you get shit on let me expain a few thinigs. comparing chitin vs paper. a chitin bp has more versatility and will surive a fight much better then a paper bp, for one, chitin bp will have more mana, having the ability to take party heal. party heal is needed in EVERY SINGLE PK PARTY, i dont care who you are, or what kinda priest you are, but if ur a priest, you should have party heal, no matter what. being chitin also gives u the advantage to take on wepon defense armors, (seeing as how you are on a newer server, there are only chitin and paper, and paper ones are extremely expensive.), but by being chitin you also get more resistances, and for me, there are always mages when i pk. another reason y chitin bp is greater is it gives you the ability to ware a smite hammer, the *strongest* (for now atleast till the new hammer is actually made, etc etc) which gives a 118 ap at +7... ( i use +3 rb which is 122) and trust me, when you throw a torment i hit every1 700+ no matter what class. in the end, like i will say, by increasing your mana and your resistance and your ac, is much better then getting an extra what 500 hp? and seriously, as soon as you get parasited your fked lmao..., being a priest, i get parasited all the time, and i personally dont think i would ever go back to being a paper bp, after i switched to chitin, i shit on every1 that comes in my path... i make people leave cz

triple post ftw

triple post

i gotta disagree jdizzle

paper build gives (me at least) +1100 health and -250 ac from chitin build
    paper build has 6000 hp, 1000 ac, 2350 ap
    chitin build has 4900 hp, 1250 ac, 1850 ap

i actually died faster when i was a chitin bp then now while im paper
    also, i couldnt tank tk as chitin but i can as paper

also its very possible to be a party healer as a paper BP
    all you need is a hellbreaker and a glass belt (and ofc a high level)

vertas knows what hes talking about

i gotta disagree jdizzle

paper build gives (me at least) +1100 health and -250 ac from chitin build
    paper build has 6000 hp, 1000 ac, 2350 ap
    chitin build has 4900 hp, 1250 ac, 1850 ap

i actually died faster when i was a chitin bp then now while im paper
    also, i couldnt tank tk as chitin but i can as paper

also its very possible to be a party healer as a paper BP
    all you need is a hellbreaker and a glass belt (and ofc a high level)

vertas knows what hes talking about[/b]
    lol... go paper partyhealer and see how well it goes for ya, all i have 2 say is, go search for my priest, im not 80, i dont babashop, but i rape,

chitin bp is a better solution for pk. ask any1 who has gone chitin bp who is 75 +, and i garuntee you they enjoy it, that is if you know how 2 play a bp ~~,

do realize what bp stands for, BATTLE PRIEST, break it down, you do battle and your a priest, no matter what happens YOUR STILL A PRIEST which needs to support, and imo, you can do so much better as a chitin bp then you can as a paper bp,

also... if your going 2 try 2 play paper party healer w/ a hb on and a glass belt... your kinda dumb and your a probably a 2 hit when your duffed... lol... if your going 2 play support you ware a shield and a 1h weapon... which being chitin gives u the versitility to ware more clubs.

dont think i dont know what im talking about... ive played preist for a long fking time

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast