"new" battle priest question clarification

This is a discussion on "new" battle priest question clarification within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; hi all , as i am playing back this game (left the game nearly 2 years ++), i am completely ...
Page: 1

yamato

Default "new" battle priest question clarification

hi all ,

as i am playing back this game (left the game nearly 2 years ++), i am completely left behind about other battle priest class build jsuch as int BP , FP bp etc .

i have a lvl 60 BP(paper type) in slumber , and im thinking about building it to 69 for rlb.

i wonder if anyone would be kind enough to explain it since i cannot find anything detail enough about all these other build , other than my old understanding of STR build .

also my char's skill distribution is Heal /buff would need some advise aswell , as this char would be mostly in pk zone in future.

thanks a lot for helping .
    Last edited by yamato; 01-27-2010 at 06:02 AM. Reason: typo

1st Buff should never be a secondary. And since you're a paper BP you should never has heal as your main because it drains your mana so fast!
    You can go full Plate bp at lvl 66 withouth a problem but as of right now i would say, Get yourself a paper+8str and hp set if you can afford it, and go 60 buff... at lvl 62 u can have 60buff and 2master for judgement then at lvl 63 u can get 1920 heal.
    Uniques are easy to come by now days... It is all prefrence on what u want. Weapons... Depending on how much money you have.. II7 will work fine but if u can afford an II8 or hb+7 i would get that.
    If u have any more questions just post and i'll try to help as much as i can.

yamato

thanks for the help, but i have a few more question.

do/can priest nowadays stay paper or go plate or higher etc ?

also my inventory is abit empty, so reskill to buff heal will not be a good option.
    at lvl 60, i have 960 buff so doing apos should be ok

the real question that concerns me is if i should spend some point to malice etc ?
    but by then , ill waste even more point to even out all skill , and in the end cannot master any of them .

that bugs me the most .

hope any1 can help out thanks

usually, battle priest use to have db and heal

i would tell you to pick
    60 (party heal 10k) 57(torment) 2 judgement
    this way you have party 10k heal instead of massive hehe
    BEING a db will let you join Booros, dont go seeking though...

also, you can consider a lower ap having higher grades of armors, thus a better tanking,

since you will hit a player that is parasite + malice(or torment), even if you dont 1 hit him, you can get him down easily without being yourself a 2 hit for everyone

i made a build not so long wich is
    pretty nice

i do have dd+7, rest is full plate +8 str
    i switch weapon, hb+3rb to smite hammer +7 AND dread shield +7
    i got 2k ap with hb (which can be considered low...)
    but i got 1.5k ap with smite hammer (1500 ap and 12xxac 45 DD)
    managing to tank pretty good and dealing over 600 with one hand bp...

its up to you

it seems your buget is not so enormous, paper bp is HARDLY demanding..

every class in every server is having old items for cheap price which make them hit harder but paper bp dont gain in ac that much..

if you have any questions.
    Last edited by ChaosFactor; 01-30-2010 at 11:22 AM.

paper in RLB beats down any other build (with similar items ofc)

Skill points - 60duff/54heal/5master is the best one... Party 10k heal should be used by INTs, not BP... you have to kill, not heal your friends all the time
    If you want to stay a buffer, as u have no money for scrolls, then it's a bit complicated... 10k heal pwnz, but you'd have to give up the Absoluteness which I'd not recommend unless u have GG items... 60buff/48heal/3duff/5master is more balanced one
    Stat points - 76(78)int, str for weapon (190 for II and Impact +8) and rest HP is IMO the best build. You get 1 def point for every 1HP point in stats over 100 (that's around 45 at 69) using STR set will give u some nice balanced char, which I enjoy playing the most
    The other possibility is going full str (or almost full) with HP set - giving u more AP (str from stats > bonus str), but you're losing that def u could get from HP points. And since you haven't been playing long time, I'd suggest you to go for more balanced builds
    As for you question, IMO (and not only mine) BP without malice is just fuckin useless
    And for exping, things have changed... No1 exps at Apos (well, 55- maybe) anymore as there are better spots to exp

Odds are if you go to chaos/bdw u can get some red chests and make some money, maybe even blue chests if you're good in choas. if you are a buffer, it is really easy to make parties. 1920heal is nice but 960 heal is good enough for paramun! or you can go DB/1920 heal and hope to get in boroo parties.
    The main builds for priests, depending on your server are... Paper, Full Plate, and Chitin... If you have crazy good gear u can go shell bp..
    But at your level the only options seems to be paper until you're 65+

Going shell BP is the most stupid thing ever... Shells are only good at 9 and even then I'd still pick Krowaz/Trial set...

as I said, paper BP pwns anything in RLB

HamDude Senior Member thenerd1o2's Avatar

id agree with what cizia said paper BP do own RLB
    as for the full str build it wont work in RLB seein that Archers do fuck up those BP runnin around with full str - so i suggest the balanced build cizia picked which is 190-200str / 76-78int and rest into HP with str armor
    go for also 60duff / 55heal / 5 master
    uniques should be WP+1/2 GB(for more int since you`ll be usin jud) dual lillme and dual Fov

cizia- shell bp= trial/krowatz armor..... its just a figure of speach considering shell was the first tier ever made that you need the 188int for.