Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By razor

[New Classes?] Old player returning, very confused...

This is a discussion on [New Classes?] Old player returning, very confused... within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Hey guys, I played back in Ares quite a few years ago, I'm returning and I see this new alternate ...
Page: 1

Default [New Classes?] Old player returning, very confused...

Hey guys, I played back in Ares quite a few years ago, I'm returning and I see this new alternate warrior class, but no information about it and almost no-one seems to be playing it, what's going on? Is the class bugged/shit?

Any updated fansites around anymore? We haven't been keeping KOK up to date since we all quit heh....

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

it's not really a warrior class, its sort of a jack of all trades master of none.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearWinter View Post
    it's not really a warrior class, its sort of a jack of all trades master of none.
    So what's it even good for? I saw that when I was creating a character and didn't go near it.

iTzBryan Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
    Hey guys, I played back in Ares quite a few years ago, I'm returning and I see this new alternate warrior class, but no information about it and almost no-one seems to be playing it, what's going on? Is the class bugged/shit?

Any updated fansites around anymore? We haven't been keeping KOK up to date since we all quit heh....
    I've never played this class. What I can tell you is that it is a utility class that:

1. Cannot wear shields
    2. Has a party restore
    3. Can "flash" to an opponent and simultaneously snare them
    4. Deals a fair amount of damage
    5. Has a debuff that when coupled with a priest's torment allows massive damage to be dealt to that target

Can't think of anything else about it atm

Little archer Senior Member

It's an aesthetically horrid class, with no real utility outside of 3-4 overtuned abilities. Completely uninspired skill design that doesn't make any sense or promote skillful gameplay, it's basically point and click to win.

I've never played as one, but this is my basic understanding of what they bring to the table:

-They have a resource / energy bar that limits you from using your 3-4 overpowered abilities. They also have mana tho.
    -They wear warrior armors.
    -Point and click pull (can pull you like Blitzcrank or Pudge, except not a skillshot). Unlike any other crowd control effect in KO, it's guaranteed provided you're in range.
    -Point and click ranged stun and gap closer. Unlike any other crowd control effect in KO, this one is guaranteed provided you're in range.
    -AOE stun (point blank). Unlike any other crowd control effect in KO, this one is guaranteed provided you're in range.
    -Divide Armor (AC reducing debuff that stacks with malice or torment and also slows you). Unlike any other crowd control effect in KO, this one is guaranteed provided you're in range.
    -Copy paste warrior defense tree. Literally copy paste. 0 creativity.
    -Useless abilities that serve no purpose like the DoT's, because KO skill trees always have those.
    -They have a "Transformation" spell that gives them better stats and passives. Also a different look compared to the default one. Must use.
    -One of these passives doubles HP gain. So you're looking at 1440 hp gain from pots. (???)
    -They get an AP penalty with long spears (raptors etc), every other offensive warrior weapon they can use.
    -They can't equip shields.
    -They ALL SHARE THE SAME CHARACTER MODEL. Even if you have valks, even if you have the best looking armor in the game, you will still look like a piece of shit.
    -While not transformed, you can see your weapon (ex: your glowing II). Once transformed however, you will have the same default looking weapon.
    -You will spend the majority of the time transformed.
    -They got some heals, they can do some dps. Vastly worse heals than priest, vastly worse dps than warriors.

Basically, outside the poorly designed abilities that can wipe one player instantly with a single click (with the assistance of your party, because alone you won't kill anything), they serve no purpose. And in a server like Cypher (Steam KO), they are absolute trash since most of their stuff is single-target oriented, which does nothing when facing hundreds of people all around you.

One of the most pathetic excuses for a new class design I've ever seen Even my niece could come up with something better.

I hope this rant / info bit was useful
    NightSex likes this.

Probation Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    It's an aesthetically horrid class, with no real utility outside of 3-4 overtuned abilities. Completely uninspired skill design that doesn't make any sense or promote skillful gameplay, it's basically point and click to win.

I've never played as one, but this is my basic understanding of what they bring to the table:

-They have a resource / energy bar that limits you from using your 3-4 overpowered abilities. They also have mana tho.
    -Point and click pull (can pull you like Blitzcrank or Pudge, except not a skillshot). Unlike any other crowd control effect in KO, it's guaranteed provided you're in range.
    -Point and click ranged stun and gap closer. Unlike any other crowd control effect in KO, this one is guaranteed provided you're in range.
    -AOE stun (point blank). Unlike any other crowd control effect in KO, this one is guaranteed provided you're in range.
    -Divide Armor (AC reducing debuff that stacks with malice or torment and also slows you). Unlike any other crowd control effect in KO, this one is guaranteed provided you're in range.
    -Useless abilities that serve no purpose like the DoT's, because KO skill trees always have those.
    -They have a "Transformation" spell that gives them better stats and passives. Also a different look compared to the default one. Must use.
    -One of these passives doubles HP gain. So you're looking at 1440 hp gain from pots. (???)
    -They get an AP penalty with long spears (raptors etc), every other offensive warrior weapon they can use.
    -They ALL SHARE THE SAME CHARACTER MODEL. Even if you have valks, even if you have the best looking armor in the game, you will still look like a piece of shit.
    -While not transformed, you can see your weapon (ex: your glowing II). Once transformed however, you will have the same default looking weapon.
    -They got some heals, they can do some dps. Vastly worse heals than priest, vastly worse dps than warriors.

Basically, outside the poorly designed abilities that can wipe one player instantly with a single click (with the assistance of your party, because alone you won't kill anything), they serve no purpose. And in a server like Cypher (Steam KO), they are absolute trash since most of their stuff is single-target oriented, which does nothing when facing hundreds of people all around you.

One of the most pathetic excuses for a new class design I've ever seen Even my niece could come up with something better.

This was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post

this is a great class to have in any party , the problem is none lost time learning how to play it. when some one master it and start posting videos a lot of people will start playing it.

Validating

Little archer Senior Member

So... kurian confirmed ideal class for satanists?