Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightning Mage DCZ

This is a discussion on Lightning Mage DCZ within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Lightning mages kick ass, yes it's true. If you dont think so, you've either never been a Lightning mage or ...
Page: 1

Default Lightning Mage DCZ

Lightning mages kick ass, yes it's true. If you dont think so, you've either never been a Lightning mage or didnt have decent gear to experience it.

I have only:

Crimson set+8/15 HP
    Dual Imirs+0
    Crimson helm+7/15 DD
    Iron Neck
    Dual old SSE
    Skeli belt+0
    Chaotic staff+8

I am next to impossible to 1v1 in DCZ due to my ability to stun and withstand daggers. Stun fucks the enemy's combo up and makes them panic., while at the same time giving me enough to time give them my own combo for the kill.

I want to do more damage though, and increase the stun rate.

Chaotic staff has nice DD+HP bonuses. And decent AP.

But the chaotic staff is the only one im experienced with. I'm not so worried about DD anymore as I am about stun success+damage. Which staff would do more stun/damage?

Does AP increase the damage?
    Does Lightning damage increase the stun success rate?

Seems the chaotic staff is the best of both decisions.....

Well, First remove your SSE 's and get some CE's or WE's. also get glass or iron.

Get imirs 1?

As for staff , i love the elysium. it seems to stun like mad. I have a +8 Elysium with a +2 and a +1 imir and i deal about 400 damage + stun rate .. no one really stands a chance unless they baba +9 and minor tbl hack.

Elysium 8 or Chaotic 8? id go with Elysium .. its sexmie

elysium will make you hit harder, as far as stun rate im not 100% sure..but the extra int bonus might help with stun rate.

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

int bonuses doesn't help stun rate anymore. i would take the chaotic over the elysium. my experience with elysium +8 vs elixir +8 the elixir stunned more so i can assume chaotic would do the same

since youre a crimson build, i would go with an elysium8, because you meet the INT required...

not sure if its possible on your server to go dd25...if it is...then go linen all the way and get a chaotic...

if not, then just stay crimson, or maybe even go crystal and dd15 with everything else in MP

Banned

Chaotic is probebly alot cheaper then elysium to and the dd is nice so for dcz.
    kind of makes me want to roll dcz mage

El Shaddai Senior Member zecabr's Avatar

first of all dont change ur earrings, sse's are great till u can afford ce+2, if they are normal sse's i'd even sell and buy dual old sse.

wouldnt change the staff either coz chaotic+8 is great, only ely+8 would be better in my view, but first u should get better rings ( wich would make ur dmg & stun rate higher ). imirs+2/+1 would be great

so ur next goals should be rings>belt>staff>earrings.

you are geared pretty heavily defense wise. I personally think that +8 crimson is a bit of a waste of cash (unless you have alot lying around), and using a +8 staff with +0 rings also seems a bit pointless, switch out the staff for a chaotic +7 and get imirs +2, you will hit harder and stun more, staffs don't actually make that much difference for a mage, rings is where its at. Although there are a shit load of rogues in DCZ DD wise 20-30dd or so will do fine. In 1v1 you will own most rogues as long as you can combo, i used crystal gear and only ep +1, skel belt with imir +3 and chaotic +8 and rogues would get stunned so much in vs they barely hit me. I like dmg more than def, but an even balance would be the best.

peace

I totally believe you about the imir rings being most important, however they are extremely expensive.

+1's are the best I can afford, if i give up my +8 chaotic staff which is ~8gbs. +1's are about ~6gbs, and +2 are ~14gbs. not quite there yet but will be soon.

as for linen..... i only see the point if i can buy +9/19 but they are 9gbs a piece lol. crimson is 2gbs e/a.

so basically im getting what i can for the money i have.....

and the Elysium must be more expensive than anything else on my wishlist, since I cant even find a +0 in moradon and havent been able to for a while.

ahh, i was talking c-west prices, which are very different

Why are people saying SSE is better? The only thing it has going for it is AC .. the HP is crap, at lvl 59 you dont get that much hp out of the stat points.

Granted ac is important. But in Ardream rogues will get dwarfed by your massive dd. But the resists you get are worth it since there are more mages than warriors/bps

Plus your light, you will stun like mad.

El Shaddai Senior Member zecabr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SkyL View Post
    Why are people saying SSE is better? The only thing it has going for it is AC .. the HP is crap, at lvl 59 you dont get that much hp out of the stat points.

Granted ac is important. But in Ardream rogues will get dwarfed by your massive dd. But the resists you get are worth it since there are more mages than warriors/bps

Plus your light, you will stun like mad.
    i said sse is "better" coz it costs like 50m ( at cw ) old sse one, and its pretty much the same as ce+2 which is like 15gbs at cw, only diff is some mp and some resists, so yea i would aim for most importang things first such as rings/neck/belt/staff before caring about earrings.

i agree with old SSE's being better, based on price.... nothing within it's price range is equally useful.

Finally found an Ely+8.... someone was merchanting it for 999m and i just took it. i couldnt even find a +0 in moradon, so it has to be worth more lol if not oh well.

Dewon

ely+8 for 999m? which server?

Quote Originally Posted by bknight View Post
    elysium will make you hit harder, as far as stun rate im not 100% sure..but the extra int bonus might help with stun rate.
    int doesn't help with stun sucess , i don't know who start that myth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast