noob mage quest about aoeing

This is a discussion on noob mage quest about aoeing within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; i know this is a noob question when i use a ts and tranform into a dk or a burning ...
Page: 1

masterty

i know this is a noob question

when i use a ts and tranform into a dk or a burning skele how come when i aoeing harpys my lvl 33 aoe spell keep missing i tryed everything still misses can some pro mage playa give me some tips about aoeing

Maybe you want to drop it too far or just press the back step button too fast...
    For example if your 33 skill is on the button "1" then do this:
    press 1 -> targeting -> drop it (click mouse) -> stop casting by pressing "s" -> press 1 -> targeting -> drop it (click mouse) -> press "s" -> .... run back a lil bit then start over and over again.
    You have to press the "s" just after you clicked the mouse, not before or in the same time cause then it will fall.
    You need to practice the timing just like any other combo but basically not to hard to learn it and if you get the timing you will be able to attack very very fast. Note that you need to press "s" only once and every 3-4 round after go back with mouse a little bit to dont let monsters hit you!

Any question? :P

if u fail with casting aoe skills
    try using a single monster skill for example lvl 18,35,51,57 etc etc
    after u cast that skill try an aoe skill

hmmm i cant think of a reason for u failing ur skills as a DK, but i do know of a reason with teh burning skeletons..

because back when i was using my crappy pentium 3 computer to play KO, i would fail a LOT of skills whenever i transformed into a BS because of the fire animation would lag my computer.... i remember healing as a priest and casting buffs would fali like 1/3 of teh time and it was pissing me off lol. So maybe it could be related to your fps.

But another reason is maybe because if ur lvl 33 skill the fireball thingy or w/e element u use, goes into the path of an object/monster b4 it hits the ground, it'll fail....

hope that helps :/

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Because when you are aoeing the harpys, and so lets say you have 10 in a bundle, and when you aim with fire burst what happens sometimes the click is on the harpy, and if your click is on one of the back harpys then the front harpys will block out fire burst(meaning that fire burst has to hit the ground in order to have the area of damage effect). That's why when you are aoeing harpys you gotta watch for the open spaces and drop your fire bursts there and as well make sure you get all or the majority of them.

do u know how to ues the skill properly?

aim in front

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

lvl 33 if u hit the mobs with the skill before it has a chance to explode the skill wont work...u have to aim in front of them to give it time to explode to cause the aoe effect

all the other aoe skills arent like this

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

You could aim in the front if you wanna get a part of the whole mob, but as you play more mage and you level more you will or should try to do it through the little spaces of the mobs more deeper in the background so it covers a greater amount of the mob ur hitting.

Banned

You could aim in the front if you wanna get a part of the whole mob, but as you play more mage and you level more you will or should try to do it through the little spaces of the mobs more deeper in the background so it covers a greater amount of the mob ur hitting.[/b]
    Also depends on the mob you hitting. Mobs like harpies doesn't matter where you aim the 33 skill, it still hits them since they do not step on the floor, but aoeing golems for example, you gotta aim at their right at their feet , if not, it will fail and do no damage

peterX

ya i had prob with this skil long time ago, it was just the computer problemt with lag etc.
    these days (better computer) as long as it hits the ground it will "brust" so the atk works
    other wise since harpies are off the ground the stream shouldnt hit the mob and fail unlike other mobs