Off hand dagger Q&A

This is a discussion on Off hand dagger Q&A within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Ive been looking through a fair number of threads on here , as I am now trying to bridge the ...
Page: 1

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Default Off hand dagger Q&A

Ive been looking through a fair number of threads on here , as I am now trying to bridge the gap in my knowledge on sin.

I have classically gone for "old school" builds and have always gone down the dual shards route. Recently I have got my hands on a DV+8 and one of my clannies said its possibly better than a Shard+9.

Now on here I see numerous people big up the CHD , but I don't understand why? The ap and dex is lower than the DV , but the health penalty is far greater ( for me at 81 ). Both have good elemental dmg and bar the 15 resistances I see no advantage.

Could someone shed some light on what's , what , because I am hoping I've landed lucky with having a nice looking dagger in my offhand that is highly effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Ive been looking through a fair number of threads on here , as I am now trying to bridge the gap in my knowledge on sin.

I have classically gone for "old school" builds and have always gone down the dual shards route. Recently I have got my hands on a DV+8 and one of my clannies said its possibly better than a Shard+9.

Now on here I see numerous people big up the CHD , but I don't understand why? The ap and dex is lower than the DV , but the health penalty is far greater ( for me at 81 ). Both have good elemental dmg and bar the 15 resistances I see no advantage.

Could someone shed some light on what's , what , because I am hoping I've landed lucky with having a nice looking dagger in my offhand that is highly effective.
    The AP on both chd and dv is exactly the same, you sacrifice more hp on a dv for more dex bonus then the chd. The chd also gives resists, club defence and a little elemental damage more then the dv.

Tbh it's all just preference, either one is good. Most people say dv is better for cz since the extra ap will come into use, where as the resists will be more helpful in dcz.

Dual shard is fine as well, but you have to pay a little extra for the same ap you could get from a dv 8 or higher, of course you'll keep your hp higher though if you go duals.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Just what I needed to know , brilliant thank you so much!